• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.8.0.0 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
[over-sized font removed]

I just downloaded an update which turned out to be 6.8. Before that it was only takeing about 30 minutes to burn. After downloading it is taking up to 2 hours to burn. The only thing I can think of is my settings need to be changed. Any help appreciated.:eek:

AnyDVD isn't involved in burning so I find it baffling that it would in any way impact how long it takes to burn. You are the only person I've seen report this.

Hi Mike
Not sure exactly what you mean. Not copying - Backing up?
Before 6.8 this is what took place.
1. Took about 20 minutes Creating DVD Files. When Finished creating then
2. Writing started and only lasted about 20 to 30 minutes max.
After downkloading 6.8
1. About 20 minutes Creating DVD Files, same as before 6.8. When Finished creating
2. Writing started but time started at 53 minutes and increased to 70 something.
Would it help if I uninstalled and reinstalled?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Mike
Before 6.8 this is what took place.
1. Took about 20 minutes Creating DVD Files. When Finished creating then
2. Writing started and only lasted about 20 to 30 minutes max.
After downkloading 6.8
1. About 20 minutes Creating DVD Files, same as before 6.8. When Finished creating
2. Writing started but time started at 53 minutes and increased to 70 something.
Would it help if I uninstalled and reinstalled?
Thanks for your help.
Who or what is "writing"? AnyDVD certainly is not. :confused:

[over-sized font removed]

AnyDVD isn't involved in burning so I find it baffling that it would in any way impact how long it takes to burn. You are the only person I've seen report this.

I agree but isn't AnyDVD part of CloneDVD which performs the burn? And do the settings matter?
Maybe restoring to an earlier date?
Thanks again.:confused:

isn't AnyDVD part of CloneDVD
No, but they do work very well with each other.
AnyDVD, amongst other things, removes copy protection.
CloneDVD is a DVD copying program.

Check point 13 here maybe:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5083

That's just my signature :D

Last edited:
No, but they do work very well with each other.
AnyDVD, amongst other things, removes copy protection.
CloneDVD is a DVD copying program.
Archangel, a new CloneDVD release came out the same day as this version of AnyDVD (regular or HD). Some of the preceding AnyDVD betas warned CloneDVD users to install its latest beta at the same time; that and the changes to AnyDVD's DVD driver interface (mentioned in the changelog) suggest older versions of CloneDVD *might* not work as well with this version of AnyDVD. (Since I don't work for Slysoft, I obviously can't be 100% certain.)

Install the latest CloneDVD version (2.9.3.0) from post #1, along with the new AnyDVD beta (6.8.0.1), and see if the problem persists.

Trouble with 6.8 update.

I have tried to install this 6.8 update two times with two different errors.

First time, it corrupted Windows 7 (32 bit). Windows was unable to restart after install and ended up doing a system restore instead of restarting.

Second try, install appeared to work, Windows restarted, but then my HDMI audio through my HIS Radeon 5750 video card was completely disabled and I could not get it back. I had to do a manual system restore.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I am running an MSI G31 motherboard with WINDOWS 7 32 bit and a 5750 video card.

I think it's just a coincidence as AnyDVD HD doesn't touch anything to do with the graphics card. You probably have something else on there that's causing a conflict. You could also try updating to the latest beta

Dumb question and I searched the forums):

Do I just install the update without un-installing the current version? I forget the process.

Thanks

Dumb question and I searched the forums):

Do I just install the update without un-installing the current version? I forget the process.

Thanks

Just install the update without uninstalling your current version, AnyDVD will update itself just fine. At worse it might tell you it needs to reboot your computer after installation is complete, but it might not.

If you are a registered user I suggest you get the latest beta since that has refinements and updated code not included in this official release.

The latest beta is 6.8.0.2 and can be found here.

Has anyone else gotten or reported BSOD errors with this version still? Sofar out of the last 3 of 5 movies I have backed up I have gotten a BSOD error, they were discs 1&2 of Spartacus: Blood And Sand and just now an older release Scream 3. Dont recall the other two movies that it didnt have a problem with but this BSOD error has only occured when I back up a movie. All were none Blu Ray movies. After the BSOD error and memory dump my PC starts back up and seem to have no more problems backing up the same movies that I initaily got a BSOD error with.

Last edited:
BSOD can have a multitude of causes

After the BSOD error and memory dump my PC starts back up and seem to have no more problems backing up the same movies that I initaily got a BSOD error with.

Please have a look in c:/windows/mini dump

and attach the latest minidump zip file to this thread.

Thanks.

Please have a look in c:/windows/mini dump

and attach the latest minidump zip file to this thread.

Thanks.

For some reason on my PC its showing that folder as locked but I can still open it and it show two minidump files or whatever in .DMP format.

Then that is that

Without the dump there is nothing anyone can do for you.
If this is Windows 7 look to the folder permissions and/or turn off that user-terror User Account Control.

Without the dump there is nothing anyone can do for you.
If this is Windows 7 look to the folder permissions and/or turn off that user-terror User Account Control.

Ok think I got it but had to do a system restore and lost the most recent miniddump.dmp file but still have the first one. I somehow selected a program to read the minidump.dmp file and forgot how to change it back. So here is the first one. Will try and recreate the most recent problem by trying to back up the same movie again but not sure if that will work. The most recent two times it happend was when backing up a movie but it worked fine after my PC restarted from the BSOD error.

Attachments

• 051211-19234-01.zip
    37.7 KB · Views: 2
No need for anything else

The error is known to the development team and at the moment there is no fix for the crash. Considering the number of installs and the number of these crashes it is very difficult to determine the cause. If you can go back to 6790 until this is resolved I suggest you do that now.

The error is known to the development team and at the moment there is no fix for the crash. Considering the number of installs and the number of these crashes it is very difficult to determine the cause. If you can go back to 6790 until this is resolved I suggest you do that now.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I dont have the 6790 version on my PC anymore but its no big deal as it works fine after restarting from the BSOD error. Its not causing any other problems so its just a minor delay that I can easily deal with for the time being untill you guys get it worked out.

Start menus go

No it's not. Still protection error appears and if I try to force menu, "start movie" and "chapter selection" don't properly work. :(

I use the US version and i , all of a sudden, get no start menu on 4 of my last 5 back up copies. I have same "keep menu" checked on first page and no other bypass or start on insert in any of the 3 or so Win7 or PDVD10 ultra places. I have used the Clone/AnyDVD combo for many years. The one which kept the start menu (all plain DVDs) no BD or HD dvd, was one i opted for the "clone " from the 3 boxes. I used the top, copy title for the others.
It was probably connected to the new options for eliminating the annoying clips, but i did not think this would include the start menu as well since i had the keep internal menu box checked. I concluded that the clips would have been the little intro and outro things in wb, Alpha or a&e/pbs 10 to 30second useless things.
It did just that on the 'clone' option which was a multi episode tv show dvd.
worked just as expected. but on the 4other titles the movie just starts up on both my pc and stand alone player.
One of the dvds was a WB 'Night at the Movie" "Undercurrent" with the short, cartoon, news reel and movie. and they got attached to the end in a string. no other way to access them via menu but wait until the end, not the beginning even.
through pdvd , of course, could get to them via the title;chapt but only after the movie had begun to roll.
the stand alone dvd/bd player always gets the dvd rolling , normally to the start menu or advetrs. in this case, the preview ads were gone, which was great but so was the start menu, which was very small in that, "The Big Bounce" from 1969 first. the 2nd one also jumps to the movie as well, from 2004 i think. didnt really spoil anything for me, only it was the first big change in operation from my normal routine for the past 400 back ups.

just my 2¢ which turned out to be a bit more
John Darcy

Last edited:
Kings Speech play back issue

I have problems getting playback of The Kings Speech with Cyberlink PowerDVD. I ripped it last week using the ripping feature but when I tried playing it It would get to the menu area, stutter and crash. Before it got there PowerDVD would issue a message saying the online certification was invalid(??) and would I like to go on.
I was able to get the mts file to play under my iMac using vlc but it was too slow to properly decode the movie real time.
I don't currently have problems like this on any other movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back