• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.7.3

The guy who did a lot of work on EVR-CP a couple of years ago disappeared leaving very little documentation, but yes, I believe it's normal. It certainly has nothign to do with vsync. The flip side to that is you cannot use it, like EVR Sync to help you find the right vsync target. Also the stats do not pick up "sync glitches", like EVR Sync, so you can have judder that is never reported in its stats.

Jong,

23.976 material displays stutter in pan scenes, because there arent enough frames per second for fluid motion.

1080p is usually in 23.976

would you say that 1080i, which is usually 60 (60 subframes, but subframes are taken in different moment in time) would produce a more fluid motion?

True 60i interlaced material shown on an interlaced display will be smoother than 24p material. That is why interlacing was used in the first place - to get smooth motion within the available bandwidth.

BUT, movies are made at 24fps. Inherent in the "movie feel" is that slow frame rate. Most movie directors are very reluctant to move to a faster frame rate, although they could have done for some time. The general feeling is that a faster frame rate makes a film look more like TV sitcom!

Also if a movie made at 24p is shown @60hz (or more accurately, for TV, 59.94Hz) it has to use 3:2 pulldown to fit 24 real frames into 60 frames (or fields, if interlaced) per second. This makes the judder worse than simply displaying at a multiple of 24fps, as is done in the cinema and on 24p capable modern HDTVs.

So, if watching a movie it is better to use 24p mode and watch at an exact multiple of the frame rate. True 60i content will be smoother than 24p or 30p but with less resolution and, from a film director's perspective at least, not necessarily better.

PowerDVD 11

I have been looking for an application such as this one for ages and just today found this one. I installed it, with the PowerDVD box checked and it worked great with my PowerDVD 10 setup. I just now got the brand new PowerDVD 11 and unfortunately there is no way to make ReClock compatible with this application. Wishing for a fix in a new version.
Thanks in advance!

Back