• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD

0brian

What is taking slysoft so long to come out with Clone Bd. This program needs software that can compress Bd to 25gb. Way to expensive to use bd 50gb. I think slysoft is a little behind the game when it comes to this. Since there is a couple of programs now that do compress and unprotect disc all in one program. Just disappointing to have purchased this program and cant do what it should be able to do and that is to compress movies to 25gb since the normal person doesn't have the money to be able to use bd 50gb. Need a program that does this in easy steps as clone dvd.

Slysoft is taking as long as is needed to make a quality product like CloneDVD. Better to wait for something excellent than to have a POS program.

Don't like how long it is taking? Program the thing yourself.

I don't see why it is taking so long either. I mean it is not like they have to program the program to take out the copy protection I mean AnyDVDHD does that for them, All they need is a program that shrinks the Blu-ray Disc to a 25gb BD-R. and burn it to a disk. I mean the hardest part has already been done. I mean I will admit I have no idea how to program a piece of software, but it can't take that long to program a piece of software to shrink a blu-ray movie to from 50gb to 25gb. I mean CloneDVD already does all of that for DVDs what makes it so difficult to do it for Blu-rays. Like I said the most difficult part has already been done with AnyDVDHD, besides Blu-ray movies have been out for years now, I have to totally agree with the first guy. come on slysoft what is taking so long.

Well to start with this is in the wrong forum and there is already a thread about his in the correct forum.

It's not just a case of making a product to shrink, it also involves having to make a player that will allow you to view what you're doing as well as a lot of other things. When you're making a free product or like others just ripping people off using others work then you can just grab stuff off the net and put your own front end on. But from what I've read on here they are trying to make their own product from scratch which means they have to pretty much write everything themselves which isn't easy when it comes to Blu-ray

Why don't you use BD rebuilder until Clone BD is born? Will compress to almost any realist value.

I think you will find other DVD fans have a different order of importance for Slysoft to build new software programs. What the bosses order of preference and the level of expertise Slysoft has will determine how long it takes to create a new software program.

Like myself, I believe this is the most important order of building new software programs. And I don't always believe a one-step back-up and build software program is the way to go.

1. Cinavia removal tool.
2. Clone BD
3. Slysoft hd software player

:D

P.S. 50gb dual layer blank disks are at a reasonable price at discount warehouses and by ordering by the web

Last edited by a moderator:
Both CloneBD and SlyPlayer are making progress and are already showing results.
It is still a lot of work to be done, very many, many little things. Be patient.

Thanks furryguy for the nice comment about programming it myself. If i could program it myself i wouldn't have had to purchase this product. I just think that when you purchase this product and it has been over a year now and still no clone bd i think it is reasonable to be a little upset about it. This is a great software but hope soon it will be able to do all of the compression soon to make this software truly a good software for blue ray. Right now it not that good because of these issues with compression. As far as cheap bd50gb. There isn't really any out there that makes a whole lot of sense to buy. I use inkjet printables for my movies and the bd 50gb. are way to expensive. Thanks Slysoft for a good product. Will wait patiently for more improvements and then a great product.

Thanks furryguy for the nice comment about programming it myself. If i could program it myself i wouldn't have had to purchase this product. I just think that when you purchase this product and it has been over a year now and still no clone bd i think it is reasonable to be a little upset about it. This is a great software but hope soon it will be able to do all of the compression soon to make this software truly a good software for blue ray. Right now it not that good because of these issues with compression. As far as cheap bd50gb. There isn't really any out there that makes a whole lot of sense to buy. I use inkjet printables for my movies and the bd 50gb. are way to expensive. Thanks Slysoft for a good product. Will wait patiently for more improvements and then a great product.
There are free options available right here on the forum to do what you want (e.g. ClownBD, also BDRebuilder as FastEddie mentioned). What you purchased was never intended to do more than it does. Without AnyDVD HD many of us would not even be able to watch our original BluRays on non-HDCP compliant equipment - being able to back it up is a bonus, but not a necessity.

CloneDVD was never designed to do BluRay, and anyway it is from Elaborate Bytes, not Slysoft. It does everything it was meant to do. We all know that CloneBD won't be available until February, no matter what Peer says :p

Last edited:
Well thank you for at least a date even if it isn't exact at least you guys have given us a date. Also where in America can you buy cheap 50gb BD-R's The cheapest I have seen is like 50 bucks for like only 2 or 3 of them. Please can someone give me a link to a good website that sells these type of BD-R's for cheap.

Thank you

Well thank you for at least a date even if it isn't exact at least you guys have given us a date. Also where in America can you buy cheap 50gb BD-R's The cheapest I have seen is like 50 bucks for like only 2 or 3 of them. Please can someone give me a link to a good website that sells these type of BD-R's for cheap.

Thank you
Amazon has them from $5 each (in a 10 pack) or $7 single
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ps&field-keywords=bd-r+50gb&sprefix=bd-r+50gb

By the way, that February date is a standing joke in the forum - the developers always say "ready by February" - sorry to get your hopes up.

Thank you

The date of February was a joke, not a real date of completion.

Kind of like "the check is in the mail", or "it will be delivered Tuesday".

SuperMediaStore.com has some 50GB BR discs for around US$10, but they are Maxell. Verbatim is around US$20, cheaper in quantity.

CloneDVD was never designed to do BluRay, and anyway it is from Elaborate Bytes, not Slysoft. It does everything it was meant to do. We all know that CloneBD won't be available until February, no matter what Peer says :p

Well, then that gives us a full 10 months to get all of our Blu-rays backed-up before the world ends in December 2012... ;) :D

There are free options available right here on the forum to do what you want (e.g. ClownBD, also BDRebuilder as FastEddie mentioned). What you purchased was never intended to do more than it does. Without AnyDVD HD many of us would not even be able to watch our original BluRays on non-HDCP compliant equipment - being able to back it up is a bonus, but not a necessity.

The question here is : which February we are talking about?

In the meantime, you should really consider trying BD-RB. It is a superb program and does an excellent job of compressing a title to fit on a 25gb media. It can do full disc or movie only. It also can convert a BD to DVD (movie only) including multiple audio tracks and subtitles. And neat new features show up from jdobbs with some frequency. I'm finding it does most everything I need or care about. It may relieve you of your concerns over when or if Clone-BD shows up. Oh, and it's free.

DVDfab works great for this. I use AnyDVD HD to rip the Blu-ray to my drive and will use DVDfab to take out anything extra I don't want and just the main movie. I keep this on my Media Center while storing the original Blu-ray disc some place safe. But I'd rather use CloneBD.

As has been stated many times, why pay DVDFab for free utilities they just nicked from Doom9 and other forums

People really need to stop acting like they have some inside information about Clone BD. People have been talking about it for years now. A few fakers have been acting like they have inside information, but they are just pretenders. I called bogus over one year ago, and even then, the fakers insisted that yes, it’s real, and yes, there is proof its real. It’s not real, it’s not coming.

People really need to stop acting like they have some inside information about Clone BD. People have been talking about it for years now. A few fakers have been acting like they have inside information, but they are just pretenders. I called bogus over one year ago, and even then, the fakers insisted that yes, it’s real, and yes, there is proof its real. It’s not real, it’s not coming.

... and you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Before calling other people pretenders or fakers try looking in the mirror. In essence you are claiming to have knowledge about something you know nothing about. Btw, yeah, look up at the status under my name; I'm a Moderator. I think I know just a little more than you. Your attempt at reverse psychology and trolling is childish.

Last edited:
In 21/12/2012 is the end of the world.I hope that we will see it more soon...:DJust a joke guys.:eek:I think when slysoft will be ready to release a product like cloneBD,the result it will be fantastic i believe...I have just a question,microsoft gave after windows vista,the windows seven in 2 almost years,why slysoft need so much time?They will make a new encoder with better quality from any other?

Back