• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Optical Drive Not Seen After Update (Code19)

Frog

I am hoping someone can help me.
While attempting to install AnyDVD HD, v_6.7.8.0, some form of error occurred. After what appeared to be a normal installation and a reboot, AnyDVD showed this error;

WARNING!
No DVD Drive detected!
Possible reasons:
– you don’t have a DVD drive, buy one.
– You haven’t rebooted your system after any DVD has been installed.
– Your external DVD drive is not powered on or is not properly connected.
–There is a problem initializing the Any DVD driver. If this is the case, try this;
Uninstall AnyDVD
Reboot
Install AnyDVD
Reboot​
I then discovered that my optical drive was no longer seen by my OS, or any program.

Steps taken next;
1. I uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed AnyDVD to no effect.
2. Attempted to perform a restore point. This did not work.
3. Checked the Drivers in Device Manager – This is where I found the “Code 19” error under the General tab in device manager. It shows;

“Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)”​

4. I then Uninstalled Drivers, and Device, and rebooted. I then ran a Scan for Hardware changes. This also did not resolve the problem.
5. Unplugged SATA Cable from Optical drive, rebooted, started windows, shut down, plugged Optical drive back in, restarted, and did another Hardware Scan. No good.
6. Booted from a Windows Disk into Safe mode, (Yes the Disk was actually seen and read.), Attempted to perform another restore point, to no effect.

I really think my registry may be messed up. I do not have enough skill to work very well in the registry, so I am hoping that someone here may be able to help me out.

Up to the installation of the new version of AnyDVD, I had no problems with my optical drive, or any other software.

Here is the boring stuff.

OS – Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Memory – 8 Gigs

i. Clean the disc – N/A
ii. Remove packet writing software from your system, -N/A
iii. Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader; - Firmware was most up to date.
iv. Update AnyDVD HD. installing most current version when error occurred. (v.6780)
v. Rip speeds; N/A

Section II. Regular Steps
1) a)If you have HDCP compliance, does the original disc exhibit playback issues with Anydvd HD disabled? N/A
b) Does the original disc play fine with AnyDVD HD enabled? – N/A
2) Specify the a)full title, b) country, and (if possible) c)release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with Anydvd HD – N/A

3) State a)the full error message(s)
Upon installing AnyDVD HD (V.6780) it asked for a reboot.
Upon Reboot, I received the error;

WARNING!
No DVD Drive detected!
Possible reasons:
– you don’t have a DVD drive, buy one.
– You haven’t rebooted your system after any DVD has been installed.
– Your external DVD drive is not powered on or is not properly connected.
–There is a problem initializing the Any DVD driver. If this is the case, try this;
Uninstall AnyDVD
Reboot
Install AnyDVD
Reboot​
I attempted the uninstall – reboot – re-install to no effect.

4 ) Post the AnyDVD zip log file to the forums: - N/A Currently uninstalled.
7) What graphics card brand and model are you using? – N/A
8 ) Do you have Data Execution Prevention enabled in XP, Vista, or 7 and are experiencing playback issues? Try disabling DEP. N/A

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Frog

Hi Frank,
I do have 1Click installed. I have not updated that software in some time. Since I was not using it, I did not consider it as a potential problem.
I will contact that side, and see if this may be a solution. I will post the result here.

Thanks for the direction.

Frog

Code 19 Problem Fix

My thanks to Frank!

The problem did indeed originate with 1Click. There is a problem with version 4.2.4.3.
This is a known issue, and other updates have fixed the problem.
For anyone else that may have this problem, here is the download for the registry fix;
http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/exe/upper_lower_filters.zip
One last thing I ran across while trying to fix this problem was the Microsoft Fix it Center. While it is still in beta and you can no longer download it from MS, you can download it from here;
http://fix-it-center.en.softonic.com/
I thought this was pretty cool little tool, and wanted to share.

Thank you again Frank,

Frog

Back