• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Drive E: is not ready!" when trying to copy DVD protected with "ProtectDISC"

Eliezer

I'm new to AnyDVD. I've been trying very hard to copy a DVD that's protected with ProtectDISC (by www.protect-software.com) to my hard drive. This is not a video DVD; it's a computer program executable saved on the DVD. I simply want to copy it to my hard drive and put the original DVD away.

When I right-click on the AnyDVD system tray icon, select make an image, then click the "Copy DVD" button, I get this error message from AnyDVD Ripper:
Drive E: is not ready!

Please see attached screenshot and kindly advise.

Thank you!
Eliezer

Attachments

• ''Drive_E_is_not_ready''.jpg
    ''Drive_E_is_not_ready''.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 7
I'm new to AnyDVD. I've been trying very hard to copy a DVD that's protected with ProtectDISC (by www.protect-software.com) to my hard drive. This is not a video DVD; it's a computer program executable saved on the DVD. I simply want to copy it to my hard drive and put the original DVD away.

When I right-click on the AnyDVD system tray icon, select make an image, then click the "Copy DVD" button, I get this error message from AnyDVD Ripper:
Drive E: is not ready!

Please see attached screenshot and kindly advise.

Thank you!
Eliezer

Depending on what version of ProtectDisc it is, you might be able to get a back-up with CloneCD. If that doesn't work, Game Jackal might work.

MMDavis, thank you for you lightening-fast reply! Did you mean CloneCD or CloneDVD? This is a DVD...

I made an ISO using CloneCD but the ProtectDISC protection still complained it was not the original DVD.

I downloaded GameJackal and am quite intimidated on how to even begin using it. If both AnyDVD and CloneCD didn't work, would GameJackal really do it?... :(

Please advise.
Eliezer

thats because iso is USELESS for making a copy of a protected disk

I made an ISO using CloneCD but the ProtectDISC protection still complained it was not the original DVD.

I downloaded GameJackal and am quite intimidated on how to even begin using it. If both AnyDVD and CloneCD didn't work, would GameJackal really do it?... :(

Please advise.
Eliezer

Instead of an iso, can you back up the DVD to a DVD and will the back-up work.

evlncrn8, so what alternative would you suggest, please?
MMDavis, no. I need it on my hard drive...

Help?... :bang:

Thanks so much,
Eliezer

If ISO isn't a good choice, what should I use please?

You can also try Alcohol 120 software. If I remember correctly it has option for protect disc data type.

Nope. I'm getting the same results everywhere. The copy seems to work - but when I run the mounted (virtual) drive, it spins the physical DVD drive - and then continues running the program from the virtual drive.
Is there any way around this?

Back