• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dsm-750

ejm

Has anyone read up on this one by D-Link (due out this quarter)? It's supposed to support H.264 content and VC-1. Will this do what we want. The previous version DSM-520 would not.

From doing quite a bit of research on this, its chip is not capable of supporting streamed blu ray/hd dvd files. I am reporting this based on what I have read at AVS forum and elsewhere. It is supposed to have the same chip as the Netgear EVA8000, which is I think Sigma's XXX22 chip (something like that). The Tvico 4100sh has the XXX23 chip. Now it is rumored that Tvico will be coming out either later this year with XXX30 chips which I think are in many blu ray players, but I'm not sure about that-I can't remember exactly. But the general idea is that blu ray/hd DVD streaming is either here (4100sh by Tvico) or it is coming within the next year.

From doing quite a bit of research on this, its chip is not capable of supporting streamed blu ray/hd dvd files. I am reporting this based on what I have read at AVS forum and elsewhere. It is supposed to have the same chip as the Netgear EVA8000, which is I think Sigma's XXX22 chip (something like that). The Tvico 4100sh has the XXX23 chip. Now it is rumored that Tvico will be coming out either later this year with XXX30 chips which I think are in many blu ray players, but I'm not sure about that-I can't remember exactly. But the general idea is that blu ray/hd DVD streaming is either here (4100sh by Tvico) or it is coming within the next year.

Thanks for the info, got the 4100sh on order, after a lot of reading of course. Thanks for your input.

Back