• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problems with Vista

rberquam

I have CloneDVD2 version 2.9.0.3 and AnyDVD Version 6.1.4.3 also tried 6.1.4.5 installed on a xp machine and on a vista machine (both registered)
Guess which one works, (the XP machine)
The same software and the same external DVD drive.
Attempting to copy the same DVD movie.
The error I get is in Vista is "unable to copy video files"

What has Vista messed up and can I work around this Feature.
Some movies do work in Vista but they all copy on XP.

Last edited:
I have CloneDVD2 version 2.9.0.3 and AnyDVD Version 6.1.4.3 also tried 6.1.4.5 installed on a xp machine and on a vista machine (both registered)
Guess which one works, (the XP machine)
The same software and the same external DVD drive.
Attempting to copy the same DVD movie.
The error I get is in Vista is "unable to copy video files"

What has Vista messed up and can I work around this Feature.
Some movies do work in Vista but they all copy on XP.

I don't have Vista, but this has come up before. I believe you have to go in and manually give AnyDVD access. I believe it was noted that Vista does not let AnyDVD load at startup correctly without it. Look at this thread.

Last edited:
I tryed running both cloneDVD2 and AnyDVD both as Administrator
Still no luck??
About 70 percent of the DVD that I have tryed DO work on Vista.

I tryed running both cloneDVD2 and AnyDVD both as Administrator
Still no luck??
About 70 percent of the DVD that I have tryed DO work on Vista.

Then you need to give specific examples of problems. A lot of people on this forum are using those programs with Vista. Please answer these questions on those that don't work.

I can tell you right now that I use Vista and do not have any problems whatsoever with Slysoft products. Most Vista problems I've seen lately relate to having that stupid UAC turned on. That thing is evil. If you're using UAC, you may wish to reconsider as A> it's the source of a LOT of problems associated with the "evil Vista" and B> it's a false sense of security to begin with. This, of course, is only my opinion but I'm a software developer and have been using Vista for many months now. *I* don't have issues with it. ;)

Back