• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clip and Create 5

michaeldudley

I am trying to back up my copy of Clip and Create 5 by Institute for Disabilities Research and Training. When I insert the backup disc I receive a prompt requesting the original disc. I have tried Clone CD as Data CD, Game CD, Multimedia audio CD and Protected PC Game. Thank you for your help.

I am trying to back up my copy of Clip and Create 5 by Institute for Disabilities Research and Training. When I insert the backup disc I receive a prompt requesting the original disc. I have tried Clone CD as Data CD, Game CD, Multimedia audio CD and Protected PC Game. Thank you for your help.

You may want to try Game Jackal.

It may not be how you're burning the disk but how you're reading it.

I was trying to get a backup of an old game to work with CloneCD. It did at first then it didn't. I was baffled. Then I realized that the CloneCDTray.exe had to be running in the SysTray. It's disabled by default in the US.

To find it, look in the installation folder. I made a shortcut to my desktop. Right click on it for options. I need to have the Hide CD Media option checked.

Last edited:
It may not be how you're burning the disk but how you're reading it.

I was trying to get a backup of an old game to work with CloneCD. It did at first then it didn't. I was baffled. Then I realized that the CloneCDTray.exe had to be running in the SysTray. It's disabled by default in the US.

To find it, look in the installation folder. I made a shortcut to my desktop. Right click on it for options. I need to have the Hide CD Media option checked.

I live in the US and CloneCDTray is NOT disabled by default on my system :confused: Also the Hide CD Media option just skips the Absolute Time in Pregroove (ATIP) check, it does NOT work on newer protections, you need Game Jackal for those :agree: Also I am pretty sure if you use VCD to mount your older games you will NOT have to use the Hide CD Media option in CloneCD ;) I prefer to use a mounted image (or Game Jackal) rather than wearing out my drives playing games :) NOTE: VCD was not intended to play game backups. Some will work, others will not. If anyone is a true hardcore gamer they really should purchase Game Jackal.

Last edited:
If anyone is a true hardcore gamer they really should purchase Game Jackal.

I've not been able to get GJ to work... a topic for another forum. And if I remember back I believe I could run my game off an ISO image and a virtual drive so it's not an issue.

But I do want physical backups for some of my games and as long as I'm using CCD I just want to understand how it works.

As for what's disabled in the US version I asked here and don't believe I got an answer. Since I finally found the Amplify Weak Sectors control, I have to assume it's the CloneCDTray.

Last edited:
But I do want physical backups for some of my games and as long as I'm using CCD I just want to understand how it works.

Pretty much ALL newer games will NOT work from a backup disc made by CloneCD (other than installing) if the game uses any kind of protection besides a simple ATIP check, you WILL need Game Jackal for these games if you want to play without a disc ;)

Hi, I just bought GJ, and it seems to want the game already installed on the drive, and asks me to locate the executable on the drive during profile creation.

Where can I find instructions on how to copy the original DVD to an image, so that I can perform a virgin GJ installation AND profile creation from the backed up DVD?

Assume a worst case scenario, where the PC is new and the original DVD is lost or unreadable, TIA!

P.S.: Is CCD useful AT ALL for creating copies of recent protected game DVDs? I see it hasn't been updated in almost 2 years!

Last edited:
Game Jackal needs the game already installed, to create a profile. :)

Game Jackal needs the game already installed, to create a profile. :)

Thanks. So, how would you do a fresh install if you didn't have the original CD/DVD? In other words, how do you get a backup so that you can install, THEN create the GJ profile, from scratch? TIA, Again...

(BTW, I bought ALL the Slysoft SW)

Clarification: I own the original, I want to make a backup that will successfully perform an installation. I'm not looking for bootleg or warez, Thanks.

Last edited:
Back