• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What do we do now

How exactly are people who bought lifetime updates "fleeced" ??

They haven't. But let's loop back around to people wrongly interpreting the announcement. If existing lifetime licenses were to be be voided then one could make this statement but Slysoft is not doing that at all.

Instead of talking about the actual change most people are just fixated on the misintepreted announcement even after it's been corrected over and over and over again.

Most people who actually understand what the announcement means do understand the change from a business perspective even if they aren't necessarily happy about the change, itself.

Long time fan here...thanks for the heads up and I appreciate the ability to keep my lifetime updates in the product that I already have. :)

So....

New here, did some searching didn't really find an answer to my question.

Bought all programs from slysoft many moons ago. On the emails for updates anyDVD and anyDVD HD are on the same link. If both are on same link, is there any difference? I have the updates forever on all save Game Jackal, which was not part of the package way back when.

I went to the upgrade to anyDVD HD part of the page, put in serial number and email and says that the serial number is not valid. All my serial numbers are in succession, ending in 005, 006, 007, etc. What is going on and do I need to really upgrade to HD if both are part of the same link on the updates?

Thanks Guys for any help.

The reason the normal and hd updates are on the same link is because its the same installer. It is the KEYFILE you receive upon your order completion that tells anydvd if it can unlock the HD function or not.

As your serial is concerned its rather simple to see if you have an HD version. Simply go to the anydvd information window. if your serial is like "xxxxxxx HD" then you already have an HD license. You can't upgrade an HD license since it already has HD functionality

Yeah, it's not HD, doesn't say HD on it. But when I went to upgrade to HD it asks you to put in serial number and email. You do that and click next and it tells me invalid serial number. ???? Do not know what that means, it came from them how can it be invalid?

Yeah, it's not HD, doesn't say HD on it. But when I went to upgrade to HD it asks you to put in serial number and email. You do that and click next and it tells me invalid serial number. ???? Do not know what that means, it came from them how can it be invalid?

Right-click the AnyDVD icon. Click on Settings. Click on "Information" on the left. There should be a Serial Number there. Make sure that is the number you are using.

Yes same serial number. Says invalid. I have tried it for all products; cloneDVD, mobile, CD. All say the same thing invalid.

Then i'd recommend contacting slysoft directly via the support page on the main website

put in serial number and email.
Make sure you're using the same E-mail address that you used when you first ordered AnyDVD.
If you're using a different E-mail address now, then contact SlySoft directly giving them the old and new addresses so that their database can be updated accordingly.

Last edited:
Yeah, same email I've had for the last 8 years. Guess I'll have to contact them.

Back