• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

Seems the new resident evil afterlife has this so called cinavia protection blah lol

Yup. More and more titles are going to start using it. Fortunately the latest PDVD patch didn't add Cinavia detection so that's good at least.

Yup. More and more titles are going to start using it. Fortunately the latest PDVD patch didn't add Cinavia detection so that's good at least.

The minute it does we will then have to look for alternative players or slysoft will have to bring out the goodies and break this crap ass protection.

Or just not update. ;) AnyDVD removes all the protection anyway, so, as long as there's no bugs that affect you, using current versions of commercial players is perfectly acceptable. Or, you know, back them up. ;)

just found out that LG removed cinavia from their BD5xx series in firmware 300.C which is nice :) I just bought the LG BD560, just watched The Losers DVDSCR xvid which has the protection, played perfectly the whole way through.

I've updated 1st post with this new info.

Panasonic DMP-BDT350 region A player

Firmware version 1.73 released 11-22-10 doesn't have cinavia.
Played Other Guys and Resident Evil Afterlife without any problems.

Last edited:
just checked out my video rental store. The RENTAL edition of the inception does not have cinavia unlike the rumour is saying atm

The retail version of inception movie doesn't have cinavia either accroding to back cover of movie from blu-ray.com

Cinavia explanation

I'm a little slow on the intake and trying to understand Cinavia from reading through the threads, but I'm confused. Can AnyDVDHD rip cinavia protected disks? Is there a work-around? How do you know if a disk has Cinavia protection? Thanks for your patience and explanation.

Can AnyDVDHD rip cinavia protected disks? Is there a work-around?

Sure it can, but your question should be can it remove it. The answer is no, and it probably never will (according to James). CloneBD might be able to do this some way down the line.

How do you know if a disk has Cinavia protection? Thanks for your patience and explanation.

Look for the pink c)) logo on the back that says 'Protected Cinavia.com' or look on the Wikipedia page.

And, that logo does not always appear on the external part of the box on Blu-ray players.

Example: LG BDP550 does not have the Cinavia logo on the exterior of the box and it is known for having Cinavia on firmware less than 300 like firmware 283.
:(

The question was concerning disks, not players. Players contain firmware which can but updated. I'm sure all older firmware will have to be updated soon. You'll put in a new disk and it'll revoke your host key and then you'll have to take the new firmware to play. Cinavia is coming to us all.

Just purchased a Sony BDP S370 with firmware M03.R.623. Have been playing a BD9, movie only back-up of The Karate Kid for over 60 minutes now and NO Cinavia induced stoppage.

Last edited:
I have to say it's very interesting that certain players received firmware updates that actually removed Cinavia. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes with that.

From posts i read on a forum dont know where anymore, it seemed to indicated that cinavia was removed in those cases because it flagged genuine discs, or discs that didnt have cinavia or something. Anyhow the point was that it didnt act the way it should and cause nothing but problems.

Back