• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My first Blu-Ray drive in my XP PC

kep1a

I purchased a Blu-Ray drive for my windows media center PC.

I was excited to start riping my BD collection to my network drive but I'm having trouble.

I put in the new BD drive... Lite-On 4X SATA Blu-ray ROM Drive IHOS104-06 and the drive was recognized and given a drive letter. I put in a BD disc and it comes up as a BD disc that is region free in ANY DVD HD. I press OK and open clone DVD2 and it does not show the new drive letter. I browse to the new drive letter and it says No valid VIDEO_TS found or something to that effect.

I try to play the BD title on my XP-SP3-home media center PC and it says it is either a damaged or blank disc.

Should I do the Toshiba UDF mod?
Should reinstall the Power DVD-BD software that came with the new drive?
Do I need to uninstall and reinstall ANY DVD-HD?
Should I uninstall and reinstall Clone DVD2?

What if anything should I do with Clone DVD mobile?

Thanks for any help
Kep

I press OK and open clone DVD2 and it does not show the new drive letter

There's a reason. Check the name mate. CloneDVD is for DVD's only. If you wish to backup Blu-rays there are several options. BD-Rebuilder (my personal favorite, use it alot), ClownBD or a 1:1 backup via IMGBurn

But I want to back them up in full HD on my network drive so i can use a file server (boxee Box) to play them in full HD on my TV through the HDMI on my Boxee Box.

Is that possible to save it in full HD on my network drive?
I can do that with DVD's can I with BD discs?

Kep

I serve my movies through a server too.

I use AnyDvd HD to break the encryption and HandBrake to rip out the audio and video sources I want. It has worked out great so far.

If you do get handbrake, grab one of the nightly builds. A few of my sources had trouble encoding until I got a beta build.

You will need to install the UDF 2.5 driver for XP to be able to see Blu-ray discs in the drive.
Clown BD will give you a 'movie only' file that will leave the video and audio untouched, but strips out any unwanted video and audio streams.

Last edited:
Thanks all,

This should keep me busy and off the forums for a few days LOL. Now I'm of the reread the thread on the UDF 2.5 driver install and then on to the choice of software for riping the video and audio to my network drive. I am so looking forward to browsing my entire movie collection and playing them without having to look through the drawer in the other room and manually loading it. Ahhhhhh, It is the little things in life LOL.

Thanks again,
Kep

I am so looking forward to browsing my entire movie collection and playing them without having to look through the drawer in the other room and manually loading it. Kep

Not a problem on my end, one large bookshelf in the sound room with all the DVD's just select one and put in the hardware player, also portable for taking the DVD over to a friends house for playing. Great for thanksgiving and Christmas parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a problem on my end, one large bookshelf in the sound room with all the DVD's just select one and put in the hardware player, also portable for taking the DVD over to a friends house for playing. Great for thanksgiving and Christmas parties.

Yes and I plan to have the best of both worlds. An undamaged disc for just such occasions and the ability to select any move I want while in bed and being able to decide without needing to go in another room and select what I can only hope will be the correct move that we/she are going to watch LOL.

Thanks again.

Well The rip to the HD went well but the conversion in BD Rebuilder to a 25GB HD took a long time (16+ hours for one movie). The quality was great though. I wanted to see if the BD-9 quality would be as good on my 50" TV. So I started a new project yesterday and it still is not done. It is at the encode stage and is 66% in overall progress.

My CPU runs at 98% to 100% at all times through this process. I had planned to try the BD-5 setting today but I am a little discouraged by the time this seems to take

Is this Normal? What should I expect?

Are there any settings in AnyDVD HD that I can do before riping that might speed this up or lower the CPU loads?

Short of a mega fast new PC is this what I can expect or do?

Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

PS: I am not using the PC for anything while it performs the back up.

Here is some info on my desktop...

I have a XPS Dell running XP home media center 32-bit operating system

NVIDIA 7600 GS W/512 MB (PNY)
PC Memory is DDR2 @ 4096 MBytes/4.0GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
2 ea Seagate 488GB STS3500641AS (non RAID)
SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
I have two optical drives TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L and a Lite-On 4X SATA and a SATA Blu-ray ROM Drive IHOS104-06

The Movie is AVATAR in BD of course

Thanks in advance for any advice
Kep1a

Last edited:
Your cpu is very slow for encoding H264 which is why it's taking so long.

Yes and I plan to have the best of both worlds. An undamaged disc for just such occasions and the ability to select any move I want while in bed and being able to decide without needing to go in another room and select what I can only hope will be the correct move that we/she are going to watch LOL.

Thanks again.
a34V3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
exTFU.jpg
5w9Kd.jpg
i rip fullhd isos to hdd and use dune prime/zappiti (jukebox) to play the files,excellent

i rip fullhd isos to hdd and use dune prime/zappiti (jukebox) to play the files,excellent

Very cool thanks for sharing. I would love to get that! Not until I'm in the new house with a home theater though.

What setting do you use in Any DVD HD (like BD live or not etc.)?
What are you using for the ISO creation and what encoding do you use?

Thanks,
Kep

Back