• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will Slysoft be shut down?

Dharper

The reason I ask is, I would like to purchase AnyDVD HD, with a lifetime subscription. And I would like to know is there any government or corporation, that is threatening, or in the process of shutting them down? I would like to know this before I purchase. Thanks.

Slysoft operates in St. John's, Antigua where the Digital Millennium Copyright Act does not go into effect.

Yes, SlySoft will be shut down. They will probably send in covert "economic hitmen" to take out the main programmers, then once that happens, it's all over. No DVD or Blu-Ray disc will ever be able to be copied ever again. :(

[sarcasm]

yes, slysoft will be shut down. They will probably send in covert "economic hitmen" to take out the main programmers, then once that happens, it's all over. No dvd or blu-ray disc will ever be able to be copied ever again. :(

[/sarcasm]

Let's not go and utterly confuse the people that take your statement as serious. :p You know... the people who won't read the reply by James that is only a couple posts above yours. :rolleyes: Next thing you know a rumour will spread across the internet about Slysoft being shutdown. :aiee:

The reason I ask is, I would like to purchase AnyDVD HD, with a lifetime subscription. And I would like to know is there any government or corporation, that is threatening, or in the process of shutting them down? I would like to know this before I purchase. Thanks.

I bought the lifetime license and I recommend it to everybody. Slysoft is the BEST option if
you're serious about decrypting. Slysoft is
always the first to break new protections.

And the support received in this forum is
awesome, much better than most other forums
on the internet. I think Slysoft is a reference,
an example of what a company should be:
great software, great support, all users happy!

I'm 100% satisfied. Thank you!

Plus one with the above post.
Anydvd hd simply :rock:
I purchased a lifetime license and I'm very pleased about it.
Bumblebee detected and downloaded the new beta version 6.7.2.1 before it was available for download in the forum.
Awesome software, awesome support :clap:

I was in your position a while ago. I VERY seldom buy software... I used the trial of AnyDvD and it always worked well. Ive never had a problem with it hanging or ever mess up.

I bought a lifetime license, and I do not regret it at all. Since I bought it there have been 4 beta releases and a final release and I've barely owned the software 2 months. There are some bad investments for software, but this is not one of them, it's well worth the money.

[sarcasm on] They'll take Slysoft from my cold, dead hands!! [/sarcasm off]

Slysoft's more reliable than about every quality software out there.

:bowdown:

AnyDVD HD is the single most productive piece of software I own.

It is worth every, last, single cent. :rock:

If not for Slysoft (AnyDVD HD) being so damn reliable I could have literally saved thousands of dollars on blu rays and HDDs for my home HTPC network.

Damn you Slysoft!
Bless you Slysoft!

:bowdown:

I have been using AnyDVD (and AnyDVDHD) for years. Best home theater backup investment I have ever made.

I have been using AnyDVD (and AnyDVDHD) for years. Best home theater backup investment I have ever made.
+1. And it would take a major change in Antiguan law for SlySoft to be in trouble, so I don't expect them to go away anytime soon. In fact, Antigua demanded copyright concessions from the U.S. in trade negotiations as compensation for the U.S. Internet-gaming ban; they did get it, though not as much as they wanted. (Probably just enough to protect SlySoft.)

Besides, AnyDVD HD is too critical to too many people--even industry insiders. I know of at least one highly respected online DVD/BD reviewer (won't name him here, but he occasionally posts here under his real name) who uses AnyDVD HD so he can include BD screen captures (which AACS normally blocks) in his reviews. He still gets advance copies from the studios because his reviews help sell their films to BD enthusiasts--especially the screen captures comparing the PQ of different DVD & BD editions.

I bought the lifetime license. Slysoft is the BEST option if you're serious about decrypting.

I think a bigger question is "Can Slysoft defeat Cinavia or something more sinister down the road"?

Back