• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

So I've got a question. SlyPlayer would be able to bypass Cinavia correct? So in theory, you could make copies of Blu-ray discs, and then use an HTPC running AnyDVD HD and SlyPlayer to watch them without issue, correct?

Am I mistaken about anything?

That's correct. SlyPlayer will completely ignore the existence of Cinavia. Until it's released, you could use current versions of commercial players (PDVD, TMT, WinDVD) and the open source MPC-HC, as well.

That's correct. SlyPlayer will completely ignore the existence of Cinavia. Until it's released, you could use current versions of commercial players (PDVD, TMT, WinDVD) and the open source MPC-HC, as well.

Wow I love SlySoft. You know I've even been tossing around the idea of purchasing a second lifetime license to AnyDVD HD for the sole reason of giving SlySoft more money. :rock:

I only just discovered this thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked/mentioned, but i didnt want to read 75 pages: It seems to me the easiest way of permanently avoiding any problems with Cinavia would be to use a network player with bd navigation like the popcornhour c-200, hdx bd-1 and others. Insert your original disc/backup in your pc, let AnyDVD do its magic and play the disc via your networkplayer. Or is there a flaw in this? Since those networkplayer don't include any Bluray hardware they can't be forced to include Cinavia.

It seems like a plausible good idea. If the popcorn hour can be updated in the future then it becomes an issue, but, that's only a theoretical problem. Besides, at the moment there's only 1 or 2 discs that have this on it. But for the moment, your idea will work.

I only just discovered this thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked/mentioned, but i didnt want to read 75 pages: It seems to me the easiest way of permanently avoiding any problems with Cinavia would be to use a network player with bd navigation like the popcornhour c-200, hdx bd-1 and others. Insert your original disc/backup in your pc, let AnyDVD do its magic and play the disc via your networkplayer. Or is there a flaw in this? Since those networkplayer don't include any Bluray hardware they can't be forced to include Cinavia.

I don't know the HDX BD-1, but the PocornHour C200 *can* play AACS protected discs from an attached Blu-ray drive, so it must follow the AACS license agreement. And as it uses a standard PC drive, I assume it is treated like a software player.

ive read all 75 pages and still a bit confused.

what is the difference between a retail movie and a copy that the cinavia can detect?

would it be feasible to make a copy almost exactly or exactly like the original and therefore would essentially behave like a retail disk and not trigger the cinavia?

my apologies in advance if this is a lame question

what is the difference between a retail movie and a copy that the cinavia can detect?

would it be feasible to make a copy almost exactly or exactly like the original and therefore would essentially behave like a retail disk and not trigger the cinavia?

A number of things but for sure unless you have your own factory and can press your own discs you will never be able to make copies that look like retail ones. Also AFAIK there isn't any publicly available program right now that can put AACS encryption on your own discs. anydvd hd can decrypt it but encrypting is a totally different matter.

Note: I don't claim to be an expert so I could be wrong. Someone more knowledgeable should be able to tell you for sure

That thread has been discussed many times. They have absolutely no clue what they're talking about. I've done extensive tests on The Losers, and I can tell you right now it's a watermark embedded in the audio. Disabling chapters, removing subtitles, or any other nonsense has no affect at all on this protection. The only thing I've seen so far that "works" is pitch adjustment, which is obviously like using a cannon to kill a fly....in a fine china shop. Don't believe anything in that thread.

Just for interest, how much of a pitch change is required to get around the protection?

taco-man did a good job explaining it. You can't make an exact copy of the original. Hence the term "copy protected". AnyDVD can remove the AACS encryption layer making it an unprotected disc. This is, and media type most likely, are what trigger cinavia. AACS protected discs are supposed to be on a BD-ROM. If it's not AACS encrypted and not on a BD-ROM, then cinavia detection in the player gets triggered.

Just for interest, how much of a pitch change is required to get around the protection?

That I don't know. A doom9 user said that he had tried it and it worked, but, clearly is not a useful kind of solution as you're butchering the audio. He just did it as a test to see if cinavia detection survived. It did not in that case. Still, that provides some interesting information into how cinavia is detected.

taco-man did a good job explaining it. You can't make an exact copy of the original. Hence the term "copy protected". AnyDVD can remove the AACS encryption layer making it an unprotected disc. This is, and media type most likely, are what trigger cinavia. AACS protected discs are supposed to be on a BD-ROM. If it's not AACS encrypted and not on a BD-ROM, then cinavia detection in the player gets triggered.

thanks for the explanations

so are we all waiting for a cloneBD?

thanks for the explanations

so are we all waiting for a cloneBD?

I'm not waiting for anything. This protection has no effect on me whatsoever as I'm using software players. If you're in the hardware crowd, and you have a player that supports cinavia detection, and you come across a disc that has cinavia on it that you want to play a backup on your player, then you need to worry about any potential solution. In that case, you'll be waiting for CloneBD or perhaps looking for a cheap player that doesn't support cinavia. There aren't many players that do support detection of it at present, and there are only a few discs that have it as of yet. I suspect we'll be seeing more of this as time goes on. For now it's simply an interesting case study.

i think i have one that doesnt an old sony s-500 but im pretty sure i also have one that does ..... one of the new panasonic 3d 350

so yeah i guess your right im one of those that wil be waiting on a cloneBD

thanks

I guess to many on here worried about Cinavia would feel a little relaxed knowing that Slysoft is working on a fix. I know I am one of those people hoping there is a solution and hopefully quick as well.

The easiest solution is to use a player that already you know doesn't have Cinavia, and never update it. You won't need updates if you're using unencrypted discs anyway. If it was me I'd just use a powerful-enough netbook (ion maybe) with an external blu-ray drive but you can go either way.

Yea, it's nothing to worry too much about right now. When it starts showing up on more discs and you actually run into it, then you'll have to weigh the options that we've discussed throughout this thread. Basically you could get another player that doesn't support it, you build an HTPC which will ignore it, find a cheap media streamer that will ignore it, or watch the original while SlySoft works on CloneBD. CloneBD isn't likely to be released in the "quick" category. It's going to take some time for sure.

Losers Backup

Got the audio message when I had multi-out enabled and had it going thru surround via optical...but I turned multi-out off and had it go thru HDMI (stereo) and haven't gotten an error as yet - is this error only for surround/HD audio?

Well, I'm sorry to say the mystery of Cinavia continues. When the backup was played back on a PS3 attached to a receiver (HDMI DD 5.1), the audio was muted after 20 minutes (did not matter if it was FF or waited the entire time), but when played back via PS3 attached to a TV (via HDMI stereo), the sound was not muted for the entire film.

I am sorry if it seems as if I am being cryptic, but I don't have any additional information to share, not because I don't want to share the information, but simply because I am completely baffled by their protection. The only fact I've been able to gather so far is, it is in The Losers and Repo Men, and no, I am not sure what region the original disc is from. Sorry. :confused:

is this confirmed? HDMI stereo playback is Cinavia-free?

Back