• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Too Frequent Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have a very small software company that sells "electronic signature" software. And I can tell you from experience that offering updates is very time consuming(developing to beta testing). I would bet it would be much easier for Slysoft to offer updates less frequently but it seems they are very dedicated to there "software" and "customers". So you guys get a big thumbs up from me...keep the updates coming....Tony

Keep the upgrades coming! I will install them when I have the time...

frequent upgrades

I appreciate the efforts of all at slysoft to keep the software up to scratch , i have now adopted a wait and see so that i am not constantly updating when there is an update and then a fix for the update which i know despite all the checks bugs do happen , 99 per cent of the time alls fine! but no one should expect 100 percent the team do an excellent job keep up the good work slysoft:clap:

Updates too frequent??? I guess they release new movies (every Tuesday here in the US) too frequently as well. Seems lately each week there's a new wrinkle in the protection schemes the studios are using. Thank you Slysoft for staying on top of these and providing the best customer service support there is. Keep the updates coming!!!!!!!!

constant updates

I agree with DaveInCampbell - i would welcome any updates that improve my software's capabilities, and Slysoft does exhibit a genuine interest in constant improvement - example - these forums

a must have

constant upgrades are what makes any dvd a value...any other system is out of date in a month

Updates

Keep up the good work with the updates. Have not found one it would not copy!! :clap:

:bowdown: I live for SlySoft updates! That way Iam always on top. Never wishing I could back up my movies. Knowing I can is what is so great ..:clap:

Cheers

o2b:agree:

Last edited:
Too frequent updates?!?!?! Are you kidding me? the reason why Slysoft updates frequently is to stay upto date with the new security used by the movie studios! Every Tuesday new movies are released on DVD here in the US and almost everytime I encounter some new security protection. instead of waiting around for a month to backup my DVD's, I simply go and download the update provided by Slysoft and Voila! Back in business!

I love Slysoft! Simply because they truly care about their product and their customer. I mean which other company has a forum where people from their development team come and help you out with their products and answer NOOB questions?

I update my software whenever they get stuck while backing up, if they dont get stuck then I keep going without updating. You dont have to update every single time Slysoft releases an update! And as other people have earlier suggested, you can just rely on the emails for the updates, or if you dont want to do that either than anytime the software gets stuck, just simply go to the website and download a new version!

ALL HALE SLYSOFT! :bowdown: ALL HALE SLYSOFT! :bowdown: ALL HALE SLYSOFT! :bowdown:

Are you kidding?!

I'm with the 99.99999999999999999999999999% majority. Keep those updates coming. I absolutely love the fact that you guys try to keep pace with the onset of new encryption!

Instead of telling the person he is crazy for not liking the frequent updates, why not simpily just tell him how to prevent them. Not everyone makes a living out of copying their DVD collection and they do not need the frequent updates.

Though I like the updates, I don't need them as often as they come out. I do donwload and save every update, but might not install an update until needed and the update reminder becomes annoying after the first time.

What would really be great is a way to tell the update popup to not popup again for that version. That way it wouldn't keep popping up all the time after the initial notification.

I feel a ten page thread on this topic has probably served it's function: within here you can find the answer on how to disable "automatically check for new Anydvd version", plus other alternatives (like checking the "history" to see if you want to update on Slysoft's website).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back