• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmc

This is a comment rather than a question about Slysoft products...

People are using cracked versions of Slysoft products and are coming here for assistance - am I reading these couple of posts re: Invictus correctly? When reading the first post, from a person I believe named "Jacob" - the moderator said something about a "cracked" version - and I assumed that there must be some type of lingo used to describe an illegally bootlegged version of a dvd being called a "crack" also - but the mod (clams, I believe) was talking about a cracked version of AnyDVD?

Wow - I didn't realize that people were doing this with Slysoft products! In a way it is a type of compliment, though, isn't it - that the software is SO GOOD and has such a great rep that people would want to do this?

But, the bucks spent just buying a legit copy is probably the best money a person could spend - which is something that I've repeatedly told pals who have asked about "using" my software or when they have asked for suggestions about the best software for backing up, editing or creating their own DVD's.

I always assumed that there must be people "cracking" the software - have just never seen any versions of it on the net - and definitely have never seen versions of it showing up in the forum discussions! I did, however, know of a librarian that had a fake code for CloneDVD, though. I just bought my copies when Slysoft was offering one of their great specials during the holidays at the end of the year - bought every product as a big, fat graduation from grad school gift for myself and it is literally the best money that I have ever spent on anything having to do with computer software AND hardware... Slysoft products are the best and paying for them is the only fair way to go about getting them - it also ensures that the company stays in business - so that the end-users keep getting up to the minute updates on our software!
lmc

The Moderators in these forums all have Moderator as their user status with the exception of zebadee. He's special. :) Developers and Support Staff for Slysoft have appropriate user titles, as well. For a list of the Moderators and other "forum leaders" people can refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showgroups.php. Any other user with a normal user title is just a normal user.

We don't really discuss cracks here nor should we. Yes, some people use them. Yes, using them is wrong. Yes, many people are having problems who use them since they don't actually work correctly. Yes, it's rather pathetic and humorous that people come here for help when they have not even paid for the software. In some cases it is so easy to spot that the person was using a crack that it's beyond silly. This can all be summed up in one single word. "FAIL".

I understand why you were curious about this but I also have a pretty good idea how this thread will find its way headed in a bad direction so I am going to proactively close it. Remember that the discussion of cracks is specifically mentioned as taboo in the forum rules. :) No harm. No foul.

DrinkLyeAndDye Re: Cracks reply

Thank for the explanation re: the levels of people who moderate or answer and post questions on the forum and thanks for the brief about cracked versions of the software. Since I'm not involved with the intricate levels of the facets moderating and monitoring the forum - I'm not sure which direction the original posting could have gone to once others read and responded and am glad that you nipped it before it went wayward - which is just another example of the trust that I place in the professionals who support Slysoft products, DL&D. :bowdown:
Thanks again for your responsive and well thought out reply, DL&D.
lmc

Thank for the explanation re: the levels of people who moderate or answer and post questions on the forum and thanks for the brief about cracked versions of the software.

No problem. :)

Since I'm not involved with the intricate levels of the facets moderating and monitoring the forum - I'm not sure which direction the original posting could have gone to once others read and responded and am glad that you nipped it before it went wayward - which is just another example of the trust that I place in the professionals who support Slysoft products, DL&D. :bowdown:

Sometimes a discussion can begin innocently and honestly like your post which I do completely understand. Other times the person starting such a discussion is doing nothing more than trolling. Invariably, one way or another, a discussion takes place which leads to a debate which leads to people arguing and at least one person will throw out the statement that they think the software costs too much and we find ourselves embroiled in a flamewar that's focuses on cracks and cost. We've had our fair share of trolls coming here to complain about the cost of the software.

In an ideal world I could have left the thread open and there would be an open, honest, and completely sane discussion on this topic however the world isn't ideal and people will always find a way to cause issues. I simply decided to be proactive and deal with the problem before it occurred. :)

Thanks again for your responsive and well thought out reply, DL&D.
lmc

You caught me on a good day. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back