• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Mobile using 140GB of Hard Drive Space?

Kronos

Hi guys, I’m trying to back up the Disney's “UP” to DIVX with latest version of CloneDVD mobile and AnyDVD. At approximately 5% the process freezes and I eventually get a Low Disk Warning.

Low Disk Space
0 bytes free of 180 GB

I have tracked one file (mnc40C8.tmp) in the following path:

C:/Windows/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/mnc40C8.tmp

If I try to delete the temp file I get this message:
Can't be deleted because the file is open in Dispatcher for FFmpeg transcoding

I have to reboot the PC in order to delete the temp file (mnc40C8.tmp)

This has happened once or twice before with other DVD’s.

I’m running Windows 7 64bit and both DVD devices are set to Region 1 in Device Manager. The DVD is clean.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.0_Info_G_UP.zip
    890.3 KB · Views: 0
If you are using 1.6.1.9, did the same thing occur when using 1.6.1.0 or one of the other versions in between? What was the last version that did not have that problem? I would make a post in the STICKY at the top about version 1.6.1.9 (if that's what you're using) and the trouble (with the requested info), then go back to the last version that worked.

Last edited:
Thanks, I’ve been using version 1.6.1.0 since it was released.

I uninstalled 1.6.1.0 today before I installed 1.6.1.9 beta and still the same problem.

I plan on restoring my system from image in the next day or so. That way I may be able to eliminate AnyDVD, CloneDVD or the disk itself.

Thanks, I’ve been using version 1.6.1.0 since it was released.

I uninstalled 1.6.1.0 today before I installed 1.6.1.9 beta and still the same problem.

I plan on restoring my system from image in the next day or so. That way I may be able to eliminate AnyDVD, CloneDVD or the disk itself.

Several people have had that issue, but the odd thing if you're using the same version, is that you haven't had it occur before.

Well I reimaged my desktop computer and tried “UP” again. I didn’t have AnyDVD or CloneDVD Mobile install on the image so I installed the very latest versions clean.

“UP” stalled at 5 percent and the temp file began filling up my hard drive just like before.

Next I tried “The Incredibles” and it went all the way to 96 percent before it froze and started to increase the temps file size.

By the way I didn’t get the “oh no” that I get with most other DVDs when they fail.

UP and The Incredibles seems to be frozen but are actually still processing causing the temp file to increase in size.

I tried 6 or 7 other DVD’s and they all backed up fine.

I now wonder if the disc themselves are defective. They play fine in my DVD players but I notice what looks like a water mark (spilled water) on the bottom of “UP”.

Next I’m going to try another copy of “UP” and see what happens.

I’m not really worried about not being able to copy the disc but my hard drive filling up is a hassle.

Of course I only have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and force a restart of my computer. Then delete the temp file that has grown to 140GB in size.

Just so everyone knows I’m backing up my DVD collection to DIVX 720x480 3 pass. I don’t know if this is the best way but its fast and the files play back from my Home Server to my Play Station 3 just great.

I had 50 or so backups from the last version of CloneDVD Mobile 1.2.0.1 where only 4 or 5 played back on the PS3. With version 1.6.1.0 it’s about 99 percent so I’m not interested in going back to the previous version.

Also I have the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installed but uninstalled it to see if that helped.

Last edited:
I too am having this problem with CloneDVD mobile v1.6.1.0. It filled up ALL my C: hard drive space in the following directory path: "C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp"

I'll try again and see if it keeps happening.

mmdavis,

THANK YOU!!! I uninstalled 1.6.1.0, installed 1.2.0.1 and it worked perfectly!! The link you provided was VERY helpful.

I'm new to forums of any kind and not one to usually post, but I LOVE SlySoft products and would like to help/endorse them anyway I can. Having said that, let me offer this:

1. I'm not very savvy when it comes to using search terms in forums to find the best answer so the link was a BIG help.
2. As the link stated, people NEED to use the new versions and report bugs, but I'm just not sure where to send bug feedback?

In an effort to help SlySoft fix CloneDVD Mobile 16xx, here is a bit about my system specs:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Intel Quad Core Q9450
- 4GB DDR3
- nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card
- DFI LanParty LT X48-T3RS motherboard

Hope this helps diagnose any bugs in CloneDVD Mobile 16xx.

Thank you ALL for your postings, what a great community!!

Is this issue of the C: Drive filling been fixed with the release of 1.7.0.0?

Is this issue of the C: Drive filling been fixed with the release of 1.7.0.0?
It was fixed in the betas after 1.6.1.0 (which are incorporated in the latest release) so yes, it should be.

Temp File Problems with 1.7.0.0

I have been having the same temp file problems reported here with version 1.7.0.0 of Clone DVD Mobile for a couple of different titles. This trouble has gone on even if after a complete system reinstall. My set-up is:

Win 7 Professional x64
Gigabyte Intel Series 4 Chipset MB
OCZ Vertex 60 GB SSD
Intel 9450 Quad CPU
8 GB RAM
PNY 8800GT Graphics

This is an incredibly annoying little quirk. If there are any SlySoft admins out there working to fix this, let me know what information you need from me to solve the problem.

What CloneDVDmobile profile are you using/trying to convert to?
What discs are causing the problem?

You may want to provide AnyDVD Logfiles for the disc involved too.

Back