• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

*OFFICIAL* Avatar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not give FastStone Capture a try to get a screen capture of it
I tried several capture software like Fraps, but they don't manage to capture that kind of stuff - you get a black screen. I'll give a try to yours, but I don't have high hopes...

EDIT: I just tried it, same problem as all others, you get a black area instead of the video.

Last edited:
You won't be able to do screen captures until the HDCP is removed. You'll need an updated AnyDVD for that. Again, James has said it'll be a week or two before that happens.

Thanks SamuriHL.

If all they're waiting for is a disc, then to everyone else, may I suggest that if you HAVE an Avatar disc and want to speed up this process, SEND IT TO SLYSOFT FAST!

In my opinion, there's another issue at stake here. The studio knows it will be cracked, eventually. They're just hoping that it will take a week or more, as that is the peak time for disc sales. If SlySoft can crack a protection sooner than that, perhaps it can send the message that such protections are impractical.

Send your disc to SlySoft, as fast as you can ship it!

::stepping off the soapbox::

Really? That's the message you think it'd send? It'd just make the studios give up and stop protecting their discs? What in the history of DVD or BD makes you believe such naive nonsense? I think you'd find the studios perhaps swinging in the other direction to more...draconian protections. That's just my opinion but the "oh well, they cracked it again let's just give up" idea is utterly ridiculous.

As for sending discs to SlySoft, that's also not going to happen. I very much doubt addressing the disc to "SlySoft, Antigua" is going to get the result you want. ;) They will order it tomorrow when it comes out and will defeat it once they get it I'm sure. Patience. Give them some time to work.

Fair points; I guess my irrationality is fueled by impatience. Deep down, I think the message I really wish would be sent to the studios is "Haha! It's futile no matter how hard you try!" But that's not really productive either, is it?

Thanks for keeping me grounded.

I'm not saying that WISHING the studios would get the message that legitimate buyers of a piece of entertainment are the only ones hurt by their ridiculous control schemes is a bad idea, but, they won't. Plain and simple. And the more they're cracked, the harder they tend to push back. Look at all the crap on DVD's. That all happened after CSS was undeniably obliterated. So, no, they're not getting the right message. Fortunately we have SlySoft on our side and with some patience we'll get to use the entertainment we buy in the way we want on equipment that we want to use. The only "good" thing about this Avatar release is that it's not filled with a bunch of useless crap. From what I hear it's using all available space for the movie. I don't know if there's a lot of previews on it but I doubt it. So even without AnyDVD, this one might be watchable at least.

The studio knows it will be cracked, eventually. They're just hoping that it will take a week or more, as that is the peak time for disc sales. If SlySoft can crack a protection sooner than that, perhaps it can send the message that such protections are impractical.

Most DVDs are cracked before they even hit the street.
So how's that theory holding up? :D

-W

Hi,

I attached the log of the German Edition Region B of Avatar.
Maybe it helps.

br

Caeruleus

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.5_Info_O_RED_BIRD_2D_F3.zip
    241.9 KB · Views: 14
Most DVDs are cracked before they even hit the street.
So how's that theory holding up? :D

-W

Woa woa woa. You've got this all wrong. Yes, 99% of the titles are defeated before they're released, but, this 1 title that people have to wait 2 weeks for is absolute proof that SlySoft can't handle it and that the studios are winning. Am I right? :D /sarcasm :rolleyes: :D

Woa woa woa. You've got this all wrong. Yes, 99% of the titles are defeated before they're released, but, this 1 title that people have to wait 2 weeks for is absolute proof that SlySoft can't handle it and that the studios are winning. Am I right? :D /sarcasm :rolleyes: :D

I hope you're wrong, Samuri.....:agree:

I hope you're wrong, Samuri.....:agree:

ROFLMAO! I take it you didn't catch the sarcasm part of that? It goes back to when BD+ was first released and people kept posting "oh, SlySoft just can't break it. It's the end." blah blah blah. Now we have people whining about Avatar like it's the biggest thing in the world. So it takes a couple weeks? Yawn. :) I don't consider that a huge problem myself. This is why I said in the very beginning when everyone was speculating that I wasn't worried. It's just another title in a list of many that have all fallen to SlySoft...unless, of course, they're poorly made and broken. There are a couple titles that'll never work, but, they don't work in valid players, either, so...Anyway, Avatar will fall eventually. Patience. :)

ROFLMAO! I take it you didn't catch the sarcasm part of that? It goes back to when BD+ was first released and people kept posting "oh, SlySoft just can't break it. It's the end." blah blah blah. Now we have people whining about Avatar like it's the biggest thing in the world. So it takes a couple weeks? Yawn. :) I don't consider that a huge problem myself. This is why I said in the very beginning when everyone was speculating that I wasn't worried. It's just another title in a list of many that have all fallen to SlySoft...unless, of course, they're poorly made and broken. There are a couple titles that'll never work, but, they don't work in valid players, either, so...Anyway, Avatar will fall eventually. Patience. :)

Oh, I'm crazy, but not dumb....I knew you were kidding.....

Dvd's are alot easier for slysoft to crack, bluray protections are much more advanced. Lets hope they can crack it fairly soon or their rival protection removal app can do it soon so that we can enjoy avatar without the ridiculous amount of protection and restrictions FOX adds:(

Bah. I'm sure they're probably right when they say a week or two. In the grand scheme of things, I don't see that as a big deal. Even if it were longer, so? Make a protected ISO and watch the original. Then when SlySoft updates AnyDVD in a few weeks, the protected ISO magically works from then on out.

Bah. I'm sure they're probably right when they say a week or two. In the grand scheme of things, I don't see that as a big deal. Even if it were longer, so? Make a protected ISO and watch the original. Then when SlySoft updates AnyDVD in a few weeks, the protected ISO magically works from then on out.

The 'protected ISO' drum gets beaten quite a lot, but I think it's necessary to point out that there is at least one scenario where that's no good.

It's fine of you plan to mount the ISO on a PC and run it through AnyDVD again at play-time.

It's no good if you have a library of ISOs on a server which you remotely mount from a media player like the Popcorn Hour. The ISOs need to be un-protected for the media player to use them.

There's no realistic way to have the media player front-end instruct the remote fileserver to mount the protected ISO using VCD and AnyDVD, and then play the resulting unprotected BD structure.

--
SC

The 'protected ISO' drum gets beaten quite a lot, but I think it's necessary to point out that there is at least one scenario where that's no good.

It's fine of you plan to mount the ISO on a PC and run it through AnyDVD again at play-time.

It's no good if you have a library of ISOs on a server which you remotely mount from a media player like the Popcorn Hour. The ISOs need to be un-protected for the media player to use them.

There's no realistic way to have the media player front-end instruct the remote fileserver to mount the protected ISO using VCD and AnyDVD, and then play the resulting unprotected BD structure.

--
SC

Then I guess you wait until AnyDVD is updated to take care of so you can make an unprotected ISO. This isn't rocket science. :)

hi i have avatar:region A B
1)Anydvd when will be updated for decrypt this avatar blu-ray?
2)Have any news from Slysoft programmers?
3)Is that new protection system for Blu-ray?

Thanks for helps:)

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.6.3.4)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGGW-H20L YL05 001002082486K83624
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RED_BIRD_2D_F2
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 16
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back