• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cant get GJ run data DVD

brough

I posted some days ago in the AnyDVD forum as I had a total wrong approach in how to handle the data dvds I wanted to access - however now I did learn that AnyDVD is for movies only and I was already given the tipp to use GameJackal instead.

however after many hours of testing, trying and failing I have to ask for help again!
given are serveral data DVD (annual DVDs, in original) which I have to load for every year to get infos I need. this is time consuming and anoying! DVDs have to be installed and they need to be in the DVD-drive to access them. they have some kind of copyproctection I havent identified yet. my idea now was to access all these DVD through a virtual cd/dvd drive and load the images from a hard drive to get the information.
however I had problems in copying the DVD, more precisely to make images of them! as I had no success with the known procedure with AnyDVD I ended having with a image (with protection) made by VirtualCLoneDrive. as assumed it didnt work when trying to load the image with VCD.

now with gamejackal (of course I deinstalled VDC) I havent succeeded yet, too. maybe it is again the wrong software for the purpose?
I did make profiles with GJ but when then trying to run the DVD I get an error message and a menu with some recommendations. so I run through the check-list:
gamejackal 4.0.1.4
win7 (no SP yet)
copyprotection: hard one - if I got it right: DiSC v9.11.0
no game - it is data DVD, interface through the IE browser
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free

thanks
brough

I posted some days ago in the AnyDVD forum as I had a total wrong approach in how to handle the data dvds I wanted to access - however now I did learn that AnyDVD is for movies only and I was already given the tipp to use GameJackal instead.

however after many hours of testing, trying and failing I have to ask for help again!
given are serveral data DVD (annual DVDs, in original) which I have to load for every year to get infos I need. this is time consuming and anoying! DVDs have to be installed and they need to be in the DVD-drive to access them. they have some kind of copyproctection I havent identified yet. my idea now was to access all these DVD through a virtual cd/dvd drive and load the images from a hard drive to get the information.
however I had problems in copying the DVD, more precisely to make images of them! as I had no success with the known procedure with AnyDVD I ended having with a image (with protection) made by VirtualCLoneDrive. as assumed it didnt work when trying to load the image with VCD.

now with gamejackal (of course I deinstalled VDC) I havent succeeded yet, too. maybe it is again the wrong software for the purpose?
I did make profiles with GJ but when then trying to run the DVD I get an error message and a menu with some recommendations. so I run through the check-list:
gamejackal 4.0.1.4
win7 (no SP yet)
copyprotection: hard one - if I got it right: DiSC v9.11.0
no game - it is data DVD, interface through the IE browser
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free

thanks
brough

Are you trying to backup a ProtectDisc game?
Unfortunately this is currently not supported in GameJackal.

If not, try the image mode! Disable AVG before and update to version 4.0.2.4!

Did you consider trying cloneCD instead?

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

@ BurnerHEAD:

no, this is not a game - I dont know how to explain: they are data DVDs who contain annual records I need to access daily.
however I dont want to take out over 5 DVDs (9 alltogether, I mainly need last 5 DVDs), insert it into my DVD drive, click the start file, wait to mount, etc. -> I want to have the data on my PC! however I cant just copy the data on my PC as you can only access the info through an interface (opened in IE browser).

so my idea was: make an image, put all 9 images on my external harddrive, and access all DVD very conveniently though just clicking f.e. on VirtualCLoneDrive and load the several DVDs. this however doesnt work - every time I get the error message that not the original DVD is inserted in the drive.

I will try other software later - I just wnated to stick to a SLYSOFT product as I am using anydvd since I know how to burn.... :)

small mistake- copy protection is: Protect DiSC v9.11.0

If I have got your issue correct in my head then you need AnyDVD and also CloneDVD2 and also Virtual CloneDrive.
AnyDVD once installed runs in the background and you don't need to meddle with it further.
Use CloneDVD2 to make an ISO image of your data DVD. (There is a guide on how to do this on the website).
Then when you have made the ISO image and have it stored in a convenient location on your hard drive you can play the image in Virtual CloneDrive (Just double click the ISO icon).
I don't think you need GameJackal unless it has magical features I'm not aware of.

Nero with AnyDVD didnt work - is CloneDVD2 (what is nothing else than another DVD copying software, right?) so different to Nero that this will work with AnyDVD?

by the way - I do get an error link to a webpage that explains why I get an error mesage:

hxxp://VVV.protect-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61:em ulators&catid=38:emulators
(alter hxxp://VVV).

Okay, my mistake. I got that you meant a data DVD, but accidently wrote game protection. It was designed to be a game protection, but has been successfully applied for data dvds.

Well, no Slysoft product is capable of doing what you want! I'm sorry.
GJ is currently not supporting it, but matthew said, that it will come soon, though.
CloneCD is too old to be able to copy the dvd exactly and CloneDVD 2 is for video dvds only.

The only solution is, to beg matthew for Protect Disc support. ;)

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

thanks!

folks!

thanks for your kind help! this was it has saved me a lot of time instead of to finally find out after many hours that any software would have been useless.

conclusively I state herewith for other users:

no solution or crack has been found for Data DVDs with Protect DiSC v9.11.0 since today, 31.03.2010.

I will constantly look for a solution and will post here when I have found any!

brough

you're wrong there, protect disk has been cracked, just there's not much information out there in internet land for normal users (its a bit too technical).

oh, ok, my bad!

then there is nearly no way for "normal" users to get to run Protect Disk protected DVD at the time beeing.....

I thought so that there must be a way - there always is! :) when the time for the crack is in no relation to the time which is gained through it then it is just not pro rata.

but thanks!

Back