• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How can I unlock the cd writer after a failed burn

delboy

Occasionaly I have a DVD image which seems to causes CLONE DVD to hang and lock up the dvd writer. I can live with the failed dvd but it is annoying that I can't use the dvd player again until I have rebooted. Is there anyway of unlocking it without rebooting ?

Occasionaly I have a DVD image which seems to causes CLONE DVD to hang and lock up the dvd writer. I can live with the failed dvd but it is annoying that I can't use the dvd player again until I have rebooted. Is there anyway of unlocking it without rebooting ?

Manually ejecting the DVD does not stop the processes, or at least give you an error message that it cannot read from the drive?

you could try using protection id to unlock the drive, right click the sys tray icon, and select eject for the drive letter, it tries to sent the ioctl to unlock the drive until it gets a good response from the system, or 255 tries have been done which failed.. its worth a shot..i had a similar situation happen to me which is why i wrote that code into protection id :)

When that happens to me with Nero burning - I have to reboot as well.

-W (just sayin')

Back