• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Insert Original Disc

cpf

What version of Game Jackal are you running?

What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

What protection does your game use?
securom v7.28

What is the name of the game you're trying to run?
Dark Messiah - Might and Magic

What is the version of the game?
v 1.02

Is it CD or DVD version?
DVD

What region or country is the original disc from?
US

What CPU are you running?
Intel Xeon E5440 2.83GHz (Dual Processor, Quad Core) 12GB ram

What optical drives are you using to create profiles with?
TSST corp CDDVDW TS-H653Q

What firmware version is installed on your reader?
HC01

What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using?
Microsoft firewall. No AV.

Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
Created several profiles using automatic/securom/DarkMessiah profile map lists to creat the profiles, as well as trying to do Image mode.
Every time I try to launch the profile I get the same error message.
"Please insert the original 'Dark Messiah' CD/DVD"
"Please have a look at 'http://www.securom.com/message.asp...' for further, more detailed information." [ retry ] [ cancel ].
See the attached log (advanced logging enabled).

Attachments

• DMMM.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 2
Looks like a Problem with windows 7!?

i try since 4 HOURS to run ANY SR7.x Game

All Games show me an (different) Error (Timeout to verify the Disc,insert Original instead of Backup...)

EDIT
Try to disable your AV!
Helps for me :)

Last edited:
Av

I dont have any AV software installed.

I dont have any AV software installed.

Use a different drive. That one is not the best one.

If you don't have another, try image mode.

You could also try to disable other running programs during profile creation and startup.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

image mode

I have tried image mode to no avail. All other programs were closed during the creation and running of the profile.

I could buy another drive, but this one has not given me any problems, and I don't know which drive would give me a better response. I did look thru the log file which was generated and (not being an expert here) did not see any thing that stuck out to me as a error from the drive.

Could someone look at the log I attached and tell me if there is a problem?

Can you give me the exact message being displayed. Is there an error number the games displaying (i.e. 1000 or 4003)??

print screen of error

Can you give me the exact message being displayed. Is there an error number the games displaying (i.e. 1000 or 4003)??

I have attached the jpg of the error message that I get.

Attachments

• errormessage.jpg
    errormessage.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 11
hmm that message implies that a disk needed to pass the securom check and no disk was found that matched, its not an emulation detected message...
are you sure you have mounted / made the right image?

hmm that message implies that a disk needed to pass the securom check and no disk was found that matched, its not an emulation detected message...
are you sure you have mounted / made the right image?
Yes. I used the correct disc to make the image profile. The same (only) disc that I use to run the game and install the game when not using GJ. To run the game after I have made the profile, I run the profile from GJ. Can't be much confusion there.

works with disc inserted

If I run the profile with the disc inserted the game runs fine. But that defeats the purpose of GJ, needing the disc inserted. This make me believe that GJ isnt not stopping the program from accessing the dvd drive when I start the profile to play the game, hence the program says no disc in drive when I start it without the disc, and it runs fine when I have the disc inserted. Any thoughts?

Do you have access to a USB DVD drive? If so can you try to re-create the profile using that. FYI I'm not implying there is anything wrong with your dvd drive, however we have seen a number of issues with certain drive / chipset combos.

If you don't have access, can you try this test.
1) Edit the profile, select advanced setting.
2) Set driver option to 512.
3) Set debug option to 40.
4) Insert the dvd (very important).
5) Start the profile.

Does this work?

driver/debug options set

Do you have access to a USB DVD drive? If so can you try to re-create the profile using that. FYI I'm not implying there is anything wrong with your dvd drive, however we have seen a number of issues with certain drive / chipset combos.

If you don't have access, can you try this test.
1) Edit the profile, select advanced setting.
2) Set driver option to 512.
3) Set debug option to 40.
4) Insert the dvd (very important).
5) Start the profile.

Does this work?

I tried the steps listed above and the profile ran the game just fine. When I exited the game, it came up with the Game Jackal Recommendations. I have attached the log file and the GJ Recommendations pic. I am not sure what this was supposed to accomplish, as the game worked with the dvd inserted even without the driver and debug options set. Will this give you some debugging information? I will also try to find a usb drive and try that. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• DMMM512_40.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
  • GJRecommendations.jpg
    GJRecommendations.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1
Using a USB drive to make the profile worked.

The purpose of this test is to determine what part of the profile is failing.
The driver option / debug value (512/40) tells Game Jackal to get certain data directly from the inserted media instead of emulating it. Now we know what is happening, we can run some further tests.

Back