• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

copying Disney DVDs (re: "New Protections")

gah2dantz

I have not been successful at making backup copies of my newer Disney DVD using AnyDVD. Has anybody else encountered problems copying Disney movies? If so, what have you done to get around the error message?

(Note: it has been a while since I've tried, so I cannot remember the exact error I get. I recall it happens after the initial analysis step. If I need to recreate the error message in order to facilitate this discussion, I can do so)

Disney DVDs

Gah2Dantz, You may or may not know about the way Disney protects it's DVDs as well as VHS (back in the day). Disney has ALWAYS been the biggest pain in the rear in regards to "backing up" their videos. This is due to their commitment to utilize the most advanced form(s) of copy protection. I mean these guys are vigilant about it! I kid you not!

Are you making sure you have the latest versions of AnyDvd? The reason I ask is that every new release is an improvement from the previous and usually is able to crack some newer form of copy protection. I have only had 2 experiences where the final copy came out wrong or messed up. The audio and video were fine, but the screen was filled with horizontal thin red lines all the way through. Sure enough about a month later when the next version of AnyDvd came out, I ran it again and it worked.

It would be hard to nail down exactly why you're having such difficulty with the Disney titles. Like I said for one thing, make sure you're using the latest releases of AnyDvd. But aside from that it could be a million other things. It could even be the DVD ROM you're using to read the disc. Remember, copy protection of intellectual property is a massive issue these days.

The only other thing I can recommend is to do a google search for something called a "root kit". This is something not completely new, but relativly. In brief, a root kit is a little piece of software that installs itself on your computer without your knowledge or permission. CD manufacturers were the first to implement this little trick. What it does is basically monitor what you and your computer are doing with that CD. It was designed to prevent copies being made. However they had a huge problem when literally thousands upon thousands of people began to complain that they couldn't play their CD on their computer. Obviously the root kit was conflicting with OS and preventing simple playback let alone duplication. Find an app on the web that will scan your computer for root kits. If it finds one it will delete it and you should have no problem. These root kit finders are usually free downloadable apps.

Hope this helps! :cool:

I have not been successful at making backup copies of my newer Disney DVD using AnyDVD. Has anybody else encountered problems copying Disney movies? If so, what have you done to get around the error message?

(Note: it has been a while since I've tried, so I cannot remember the exact error I get. I recall it happens after the initial analysis step. If I need to recreate the error message in order to facilitate this discussion, I can do so)

Give us the names of a few of the new titles that you are having trouble backing up. If some of us have been successful backing them up and you are using the newest version of AnyDVD then at least that will eliminate some of your potential problem areas.

I had no problem with Invincible, AnyDVD and CloneDVD went right through it without any hesitation. I have copied several others as well, including The Wild and National Treasure. Hope you figure out what is going wrong.

Disney DVDS

I have had the same exact problem and found a way to correct this! You see Disney puts something called unreadable sectors or corrupt files into their dvds which causes your computer to create an error and freeze up! Believe it or not, the problem isn't Any Dvd , but rather the copying software you are using! Your software may be fine for other movies , but not disney! This is the solution! Dvd Shrink and Dvd decrypter together with AnyDVD! This enabled me to copy Madagascar, Narnia and P.O.T.C Dead man's chest with absolutley no problem! If you need more help contact me and I will be happy to help!

Give us the names of a few of the new titles that you are having trouble backing up. If some of us have been successful backing them up and you are using the newest version of AnyDVD then at least that will eliminate some of your potential problem areas.

Narnia and High School Musical are 2 of the titles that come to mind.

Disney Protection

I have found that by using Clone DVD and AnyDVD together (and updating both when updates are available) I've had no problem at all with ANY movie dubs. I did a Disney last week so unless they have canged the copyguard in the last few days it shouldn't be a problem.

i also update only AnyDVD & CloneDVD and am able to backup any movie i want. those 2 programs work well together.

I've never had a problem doing Disney movies, with AnyDVD and DVD Shrink! (knock on wood!) :)

Narnia was a problem with my old setup but since I started using AnyDVD with CloneDVD I've had no problems.

I've been able to back up both my POTC movies and Narnia using 1click dvd and anydvd without any problems...

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be using DVD shrink,DVD decrypter,with AnyDVD.....I have the latest upgrades for AnyDVD and CloneDVD2....thats all I use to burn and no problems.The only reason for using DVD shrink is for a movie longer than 2hr n 10 min....so it fits on a 4.7 DVD....as for new Disney movies...try just burning the movie...without all the extras.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be using DVD shrink,DVD decrypter,with AnyDVD.....I have the latest upgrades for AnyDVD and CloneDVD2....thats all I use to burn and no problems.The only reason for using DVD shrink is for a movie longer than 2hr n 10 min....so it fits on a 4.7 DVD....as for new Disney movies...try just burning the movie...without all the extras.

i agree too nobody should be using any other apps now that anydvd and clonedvd2 doing all the work , i have never had any issues backing up my dvds at first times except the first few were attack force (stevan segal) and saw 3 , besides those 2 i have always been able to backup all my movies , as far as the 2 hr thing it really doesnt matter how long or short it is but how much gbs the dvd has , clonedvd2 should have a better funtion like dvd shrink or other paid programs to stay up to competition....

im not saying clone should put a css and such on the program no of course not since anydvd does that but clonedvd2 should have options to reduced the conpression on certain titles like special features or such so we can increase the quality on the actuall movie , for those folks like me that buy single layer dvd5 disc and have to conpress from dvd9 so quality can be better they can inprove this and even tho i dont think they should charge i would actually pay if the conpression engine can be better , think dvd shrink or 321 studios dvd x copy platinum edition or such.... anyone else thought of this before???? btw slysoft forums should have a section where we can report bugs suggestions and such (sorry if theirs already a link new here :D )

Making copy of Narnia

I like to use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD, because I can put the movie on my HD and view it later if I don't have the time to do it at time of burning. Narnia was IMPOSSIBLE to copy until I wised up and purchased AnyDVD, this has to be the BEST decryption software out there! Using DVD Shrink and AnyDVD I had no trouble at all putting Narnia on the HD then making the Copy. Once I have the movie on the HD, it's already decrypted, so using a program like NERO Recode 2, I can simply make another copy when I want to, instead of using DVD Shrink for the 2nd copy ( you have to rename the file like C:\ Narnia A) thus putting two copys of the same movie on the HD wasting HD :agree: space. ANYDVD RULES! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!:bowdown:

You see Disney puts something called unreadable sectors or corrupt files into their dvds which causes your computer to create an error and freeze up! Believe it or not, the problem isn't Any Dvd , but rather the copying software you are using!

Sorry, but this is incorrect. The very concept of AnyDVD is that it will remove deliberate errors placed on DVD's in order to copy protect them, this being ANY types of errors - regardless of your ripper / copier of choice.

Slysoft did indeed quickly come up with a fix based on "unreadable sector errors". They always do. That's the whole point of AnyDVD - It runs in the background and you can use WHATEVER SOFTWARE YOU WISH to backup and burn.

-W

Back