• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Sound with Top Gun

Debra

I have looked all over the forum and can't seem to find the answer I need. I went to play a back up of the dvd top gun and it would not play so I made anotherback up and it had no sound. I know the original is probally about a year old but why can't I get sound. Anyone else have this problem? I've tried just backing up the movie and also the whole dvd.
Debra

Last edited:
Are you sure the correct audio stream was selected before you made the copy?
Or maybe none were checked...?

Mike,
I usely just check the enlish dolby 3/6, this time I checked all of them and the sound came through. I feel a little stupid, and wasted 2 discs not even thinking it would be that I didn't have the correct one checked. How would I know in the future. Would I look in audio set up at the begining of the original disc that I am trying to back up? Thank you very much for your help.
Deb

I normally just select AC-3/6 too - more so if the disc contains (director's) commentary, as I don't want this.

What were you watching (playing back) the dvd on when there was 'no audio' - computer or dvd player?

Check whether or not the dvd with 'no audio' had an audio track by putting it into the computer dvd drive. Open CloneDVD2, look on the second screen under 'Video titles>Audio settings'.

Last edited:
Mike,
I can't check it I was so frustrated I threw both of them away, but I did try it in the dvd player and on both my computers. Neither one of them worked. So from now on,unless the have the directors comments, that I don't care for either, I'll check all the english ones. Mike, I just got a private mail from someone that said thanks for the virus. It was from this forum. I don't understand what they were talking about. They said to click this link and have my computer checked. Has that happened to you? Again I thank you for your help.
Deb

I just got a private mail from someone that said thanks for the virus. It was from this forum. I don't understand what they were talking about. They said to click this link and have my computer checked.Deb

There have been at least 2 (probably more) people sending PMs to people to do something that contain a virus. I received a PM from someone today myself. Those people have been banned. Before opening or doing anything (from a PM from someone you don't know) check the status of the person you received it from and see if they are banned.

And the above post is correct. Usually if you pick the AC3/6 audio it is the correct one for the movie.

Last edited:
I have actually disabled PM's on this forum via User CP near the top of the page.
Don't risk clicking links from people you don't know - check anyone out to see their (posting) history on this forum first.

Back