• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Encountered a problem!

But I ripped the disc using AnyDVD Ripper?!?!? So what should I do then?
Don't you have access to the original disc ... at the moment?
That's bad, because I fear the ripper messed up the files somehow.

Well I don't have the DVD anymore but I will get it again and rip it using CloneDVD as James suggested and I will post the results here.

Once again, thankyou everyone for helping me out!

Re-install

I still had to resort to a fresh install of AnyDVD and Shrink after this message. I don't know for sure that de-fragging was the answer but it does not hurt! I would do both drives.

It makes much more sense to me that it is an encryption issue message. Soooooo. If you are updated etc, try a fresh install. Have you tried running AnyDVD in background? I also have good results with that. I don't rip to HD unless I have a problem and need to run it through FixVTS or something else.

Good Luck

If it ripped fine process through clonedvd2 or dvd shrink.
This would work if he had "dragged and dropped" the VIDEO_TS directory to harddisk, but I suspect the ripper didn't rip as it should. :eek:

I see, I thought ripping as it is put and drag and dropping was the same. Eiter way it is the same process through anydvd isn't it?

I still had to resort to a fresh install of AnyDVD and Shrink after this message. I don't know for sure that de-fragging was the answer but it does not hurt! I would do both drives.

It makes much more sense to me that it is an encryption issue message. Soooooo. If you are updated etc, try a fresh install. Have you tried running AnyDVD in background? I also have good results with that. I don't rip to HD unless I have a problem and need to run it through FixVTS or something else.

Good Luck

So how do you backup a DVD without ripping to your drive? i would appreciate it 9if you could tell me the method you use like I did. Thank you!

Run anydvd with clonedvd2 (preferred) while anydvd is running in the background start clonedvd2 up to ripp the disc.

I see, I thought ripping as it is put and drag and dropping was the same. Eiter way it is the same process through anydvd isn't it?
No. AnyDVD's "Rip files to harddisk..." option actually tries to fix problems like wrong navigation pack errors and other structural problems which cause programs like Shrink to choke. Unfortunately it doesn't always work as it should.
Drag'n'Drop will copy the files to harddisk as other programs (CloneDVD2, DVD player programs) would see them.
I don't recommend using the ripper, it is much safer to "rip" with CloneDVD2, even if you want to process the files with a different program at a later time.

No. AnyDVD's "Rip files to harddisk..." option actually tries to fix problems like wrong navigation pack errors and other structural problems which cause programs like Shrink to choke. Unfortunately it doesn't always work as it should.
Drag'n'Drop will copy the files to harddisk as other programs (CloneDVD2, DVD player programs) would see them.
I don't recommend using the ripper, it is much safer to "rip" with CloneDVD2, even if you want to process the files with a different program at a later time.

Thanks for that learned something new today.:clap:

Run anydvd with clonedvd2 (preferred) while anydvd is running in the background start clonedvd2 up to ripp the disc.
Or he could use CloneDVD2 to create the complete backup.:D

Running AnyDVD in Background

Ok, this is what I do first. Insert dvd, while AnyDVD is running. Open disk in shrink and process. Very easy when it is working well... But I see you don't have the disk right now...SO.

Try processing the files through a program called FixVTS it may be able to revive the files that were not processing correctly. I think you can download it at http://www.ripit4me.org Let us know how it went. This is kind of a long shot but it is the only idea I have for your files on the HD.

Or he could use CloneDVD2 to create the complete backup.:D

Yes note I said preferred, meaning I would use it only. I will agree. I use several ways but that's my preference as I try out all the different backup proggies.:D

Ok, this is what I do first. Insert dvd, while AnyDVD is running. Open disk in shrink and process. Very easy when it is working well... But I see you don't have the disk right now...SO.

Try processing the files through a program called FixVTS it may be able to revive the files that were not processing correctly. I think you can download it at http://www.ripit4me.org Let us know how it went. This is kind of a long shot but it is the only idea I have for your files on the HD.
A long shot, but a good idea worth a try. Here is the direct link to the FixVTS homepage: http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/

not again?????:doh:

Thanks

Thanks for posting the direct link James...I am not sure what I did again either???? Oh well, perhaps it is because I mention ripit4me...Color me bad but I like to have plan B and I know they have the current FixVTS. But I must say AnyDVD is my first choice as it is MUCH EASIER.

:confused:

Thanks for posting the direct link James...I am not sure what I did again either???? Oh well, perhaps it is because I mention ripit4me...Color me bad but I like to have plan B and I know they have the current FixVTS. But I must say AnyDVD is my first choice as it is MUCH EASIER.

:confused:
Don't worry, be happy. :)

Ok I am feeding it through FixVTS as we speak. I installed FixVTS clicked on the "open" button and pointed it to Video_TS then I clicked on the "Full DVD" option and its working as we speak.

Ok I am feeding it through FixVTS as we speak. I installed FixVTS clicked on the "open" button and pointed it to Video_TS then I clicked on the "Full DVD" option and its working as we speak.
Good luck! If this doesn't work, you really need the original disc...

Back