• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 9 - Wipe Memory

hamisht

Hi,

Does anyone know how (if possible) to clean Cyberlink PowerDVD 9s memory? I had a bit of a problem with Disc 4 of Star Trek TOS Blu-Ray. I put it in after finishing Disc 3, and decided to click on 'Starfleet Access' which is the PiP track.

Suddenly all hell broke loose... the main video started playing back at half speed, a loud static sound came over the speakers, dogs and cats started living together, mass hysteria.

I quickly stoped the disc before my ears exploaded from the static sound, and tried to re-load the disc , vowing never again to click Starfleet Access. after AnyDVDHd scanned the disc, I opened up PowerDVD9 and it started to load the disc, it then came to the screen where it would usually say 'restart' or 'resume', then the whole thing just crashed.

I went Control Alt Delete and saw PowerDVD9Cox was still running, so i shut that down and tried to re-load the disc again, still no luck. Im certain its not a disc fault, or AnyDVDHD fault.

If I was to be able to clean the memory, it might work again?

Sometimes you have to

When I have a problem with PDVD I usually uninstall and reinstall and that solves the problem.

There must be a way of doing it without uninstalling it.

Hi,

Does anyone know how (if possible) to clean Cyberlink PowerDVD 9s memory? I had a bit of a problem with Disc 4 of Star Trek TOS Blu-Ray. I put it in after finishing Disc 3, and decided to click on 'Starfleet Access' which is the PiP track.

Suddenly all hell broke loose... the main video started playing back at half speed, a loud static sound came over the speakers, dogs and cats started living together, mass hysteria.

I quickly stoped the disc before my ears exploaded from the static sound, and tried to re-load the disc , vowing never again to click Starfleet Access. after AnyDVDHd scanned the disc, I opened up PowerDVD9 and it started to load the disc, it then came to the screen where it would usually say 'restart' or 'resume', then the whole thing just crashed.

I went Control Alt Delete and saw PowerDVD9Cox was still running, so i shut that down and tried to re-load the disc again, still no luck. Im certain its not a disc fault, or AnyDVDHD fault.

If I was to be able to clean the memory, it might work again?

If what i'm thinking you mean by "cleaning the memory" is correct, then what you want is to clear PDVD cache. You can find where it's storing files in the settings menu. It's been a while since i've had PDVD installed so you'll have to search through your settings to find where the cache location is, but when you find it, you'll want to clear out all of the folders here and that should clear everything that you have cache'd for star trek.

Hi, I deleted the files i found in the local folder, but it still crashes..

Hi, I deleted the files i found in the local folder, but it still crashes..

I would spend the 10 to 15 minutes then and just do a reinstall. Of course, it's possible that it can be fixed without reinstalling, but for the time you spend doing the research or having others do it for you and then properly diagnosing what is wrong, i think you'll spend much less time just uninstalling, using CCCleaner to wipe any traces of it from your system and doing a reinstall. IMO it's the best way to make sure you're working with a good install (unless the actual problem is somewhere else in your system:confused:)

Yeah I guess that probably is the easiest way around it. Thanks!

alternatively try running scandisk on your harddisk, right click the drive -> properties -> tools -> scan for errors....

it could be corrupt file data causing a strange crash like this, which, considering you terminated a process while it was running is entirely possible..

Back