• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Determine if CloneDVD used compression?

JeffAtl

My intention was to rip all of my DVDs to hard drive without any compression. Unfortunately, I've discovered that I inadvertently had the DVD-5 setting selected during some of the rips so any DVD-9 DVDs were compressed during the rip.

I ripped the DVDs over the course of many days and my problem is that I don't know which ones were ripped using compression.

Is there any way to examine the files or file structure of the rips to determine if compression was used?

the only way i can imagine that it might be possible to see if compression was used, is to start up the movies and watch for small artifacts. Thinks like tiny squares in a flickering fire, or during a scene with a lot of action, that sort of thing.

However to accurately say wich ones have been compressed, is afaik very difficult. Once the compression has taken place, it cant be reverted.

Also if compressed to DVD-5 the folder will be less than 4.7GB.

DVD 9 Will Be larger, 8.5GB discs so around 8GB region,
DVD 5 will be smaller, So around 4GB, so it should be easy for you to find the ones ripped to DVD-5.

DVD 9 Will Be larger, 8.5GB discs so around 8GB region,
DVD 5 will be smaller, So around 4GB, so it should be easy for you to find the ones ripped to DVD-5.

That my friend is wrong i believe. Because DVD 5 fits on a single layer disc, hence cloneDVD will not use compression at all and will all be 4.35GB in size, unless the data on the DVD was less then 4.35GB (effective size) to begin with.. You can check the log tab on clonedvd when ripping. It will say something like "enough space on target, recoder disabled".

Only DVD-9 discs will be recoded and then to the point of a DVD-5 size, hence pretty much all the folders of the dvd rips will be 4.35GB (effective size of a DVD-5).

Just put the disc's in without ripping and look at the color bar at the bottom to see if it will be compressed or not.

thats not the question mate. He wants to know cloneDVD use compression on the folders on his harddrive that contain the rips

Back