• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to use ANYDVD HD?

Everyone assumes here? Wow... that sure makes it tough the newbies...

Everyone assumes here? Wow... that sure makes it tough the newbies...

Hold on a second...you bought a product that doesn't do what you want, didn't tell us what version you bought, and are blaming US for not knowing this? GLWT.

When there's a lack of information available to us, which is often the case with "newbies", we either have to pull teeth to get it and think of EVERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO for a problem, or we have to make some basic assumptions. Assuming that someone posting in the AnyDVD HD forum has the proper software to, you know, PLAY HD media is usually a safe assumption. We can't know that you didn't buy the correct version. Hell, none of us have ever SEEN the standard version cause it isn't useful. :)

I truly do not see how you can say "lack of information". The truth is I gave explicit information to the best of my knowledge. I explained what I was trying to do and how I was trying to do it. And... asking how it can be done.

With regards to not play Blu Ray... you can see form the post that I explain the King Kong movie is HD. And it indeed does play HD. Any DVD HD also ripped the movie as well.

Again... read the post...

I'm not going to argue with you. Your problem is solved and I'm done with this thread. Enjoy.

I did read all the posts and nowhere does it say you actually had HD playing. You also made an assumption that we knew you were using the basic version of TMT whch doesn't play back HD DVD or Blu-ray. We would have expected you to have at least checked that you were using a version of playback software that was validated to playback HD DVD's

I did read all the posts and nowhere does it say you actually had HD playing. You also made an assumption that we knew you were using the basic version of TMT whch doesn't play back HD DVD or Blu-ray. We would have expected you to have at least checked that you were using a version of playback software that was validated to playback HD DVD's

Wow.... I have been following this thread since it started and thought now would be a good time to jump in here. Mr. Muffin, I feel your pain here.

Adbear, Mr. Muffin clearly states that in the first post.

I realize that at this time CloneDVD2 will not rip HD or BluRay DVDs however, AnyDVDHD does. I have ripped the titles of one HDDVD as an experiement using AnyDVDHD to a subfolder under My Movies called King Kong.

My Movies
King Kong
ADV_OBJ
HVDVD_TS (this folder contains a number of .EVO files)​

I have read the thread through a couple times and at no time see anywhere where Mr. Muffin is blamming the forum for anything. You guys should be a bit more gentle.

Mr. Muffin is very explicit in what he is trying to achieve and his questions. You can clearly see that in the second post the answer was to use TMT3. It didn't say anything about TMT3 Platinum. You can also clearly see that others are chiming in to use TMT3 as well. At no time does anyone say TMT3 Platinum.

In reading Mr. Muffins post saying,

"The Platinum version? Sure would have saved a lot of time if someone had said that up front".​

I did not get out of that at all that he was slamming anyone or anything. I read that he was simply stating it would have saved time to know that.

If everyone should "assume" here as indicated by some of these posts, then why have a forum in the first place?

I am a newbie here as well and am very interested in exactly what Mr. Muffin is wanting to achieve. However I will think long and hard before posting any questions here.

Let's all be a little bit kinder and little bit gentler. Merry Christmas!

If you post in the HD forum then it's assumed that you've checked that your software is HD compliant before you start, this has already been stated in an earlier post by one of the Admin. If we had to type in 'Platinum' or 'Ultra' every time it would get very annoying, and this is the first time I can remember where the OP hadn't checked that his version would play back HD discs before posting

blueray to mkv?

I have a similar problem. I have been ripping DVD's for years. My usual procedure is run the VOB's through a frame-accurate mpeg editor, get a single file that is mpeg compliant, then transcode to DIVX. I have several terabytes of tv shows and movies that I watch on my computer with VLC media player. I want to do the same with blu-ray. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, that I want to end up with a file in MKV format. So, what is the best way to start with a blu-ray disc from the public library or a rental place and end up with a file on my hard drive that will play in VLC?

I have a similar problem. I have been ripping DVD's for years. My usual procedure is run the VOB's through a frame-accurate mpeg editor, get a single file that is mpeg compliant, then transcode to DIVX. I have several terabytes of tv shows and movies that I watch on my computer with VLC media player. I want to do the same with blu-ray. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, that I want to end up with a file in MKV format. So, what is the best way to start with a blu-ray disc from the public library or a rental place and end up with a file on my hard drive that will play in VLC?

While it is accepted that you can play rentals using AnyDVD HD, it is not accepted to rip rentals and keep them as your own. You should only back up media that you own and NOT rentals.

Because of this, I doubt anyone is going to incriminate themselves by telling you how to steal media from the library.

I don't know where to post this, but since my question is about AnyDvd HD I thought I post it here. I bought my lifetime key a few days ago. I just bought a second Blu-ray drive for my second computer and was wondering if I can use the current key for a second computer located at the same address? Is the key valid only for one computer?

It's really the wrong forum. The answer to your question if #1 in the FAQs. If you use 2 pcs at the same time then you need 2 licences.

It's really the wrong forum. The answer to your question if #1 in the FAQs. If you use 2 pcs at the same time then you need 2 licences.

Thanks. I will only be using one computer at a time. Both are located in the same room. The only reason I want to use a second computer is the Pioneer 205 burner I just bought doesn't support bitsetting. Come to think of it, I am not even sure if bitsetting is even that important for current and future Blu-ray players in terma of playback comparability. I guess I will need to disable Anydvd HD from the startup menu so I won't risk running two of them at the same time. I surely don't want to be blacklisted and not have the privilege of using this awesome software.

You don't have to get 2 licenses, but slysoft work hard and deserve the extra sales, and it is definitely money spent well.

Perhaps Slysoft should sell some kind of 'Family Pack' type of deal, where you can use the license on say 3 computers for a discounted price, Kind of like what Microsoft did with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Just a suggestion, Slysoft have probably heard it a million times before.

Last edited:
Ok, I am on the same quest! Find a cheap/free way to RIP my collection of HD/DVDs to my HD or portable device in a format that I can play without buying another player software package. It seems I need to buy TMT3 plat to even play a HD on my computer if this thread is correct. ARGH! I already have BD PDVD suite which does not work for HDs.

Botom line is there any free software to play HDs or does any of the SLYSOFT products that I own RIP a HD file to a universal playable format. Like Mobile?

Last edited:
Why not use ClownBD to convert them to something you can play like a BD structure?

Back