• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

After creating GameJackal profile- still asks to insert disc

cgott42

Here's my info:
1 - v4.0.1.5
2 - Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP1
3 - I tried ProtectonID and it says: "File appears to have to protection or is using an unknown protection"
4 - BarIlan Responsa (a database of Jewish Law - I own the disk but want to use it w/o the disk)
5 v17+
6 - DVD
7- Distributed by a NY company, but probably made in Israel (Bar Ilan University is in Israel)
8- Intel Core 2 Duo ULV SU7300
9- DVD-RW ,In device manager it says TSSR corp CDDVDW TS-U633A, driver provider microsoft, driver version = 6.0.6001.18000
10 - Prevx 3.0, Windows firewall
11 - When running the GameJackal profile windows responds as if I just inserted a DVD (w/popup window asking what option to do - view folder, etc) however the software asks to insert the DVD-R

thank you very much, this would be a big help to me to ultlimately be able to use on my other laptop which doesn't have a dvd drive

thx

Attachments

• BarIlan6.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 4
try scanning all files in the installation folder, you might get better results.. sometimes the protection's can be in dll's too..

if you still get nothing then theres a reasonably high probability that the program just uses a simple cd/dvd check, which gamejackal should be able to handle without any major problems..

just to make sure, also please scan with the latest protection id (6.3.5)

also i think your drive is TSST not TSSR :)

Yep, got the latest protectionID (just d/l'd yesterday)
also checked the entire folder and no copy protection.
Yep, I'd agree I would have thought it'd be no problem,
Is there anything I should be doing when I create the profile other than clicking next
and then when the software starts, I click exit?
Is it supposed to tell me when to exit?

Or anything else that you can think of?

Last edited:
If it helps I've attached a .txt file with the results of the scan of the entire folder in the program files directory:

Everything said either:
[!] File appears to have no protection or is using an unknown protection
or
[-] File is a NON executable.

The only exception being:
[x] Error - smart file processing failure..skipping file
RESP2000.FON
RESPDLGS.FON

[-] File too small to be executable..skipped
RESPONSA.ENV

Attachments

• ProtectionID result.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 2
May be try creating the profile using image mode.

yep, tried that - still gives the same "insert dvd-r message"

yep, it's in the 1st post.
thanks,
Any help is appreicated

thx

Is the log file in the OP in the right format? I tried to follow the directions exactly.

I'm appreciateive of any help that I get to make the software work for me.
and am not rushing,
just wanted to know - is this being looked into , or has the staff concluded it can't be cracked?
As there's some security key on the DVD that it needs in order to run.

I'm appreciateive of any help that I get to make the software work for me.
and am not rushing,
just wanted to know - is this being looked into , or has the staff concluded it can't be cracked?
As there's some security key on the DVD that it needs in order to run.

Sorry for the delay, we are looking into it.

Looking through the log file I can see a few issues.
Can you please try this.
1) Edit the profile and uncheck autostart.
2) Start the profile (the application should not start).
3) Are you able to browse the DVD? Also you should be able to open files etc.

Finally, we are working on some new drivers for the next release... send me a PM if you would like to test them pre-release.

I did step (1) and unchecked the box, then
step (2) running the profile, and as you said it did nothing when i double clicked it.

re: (3) when i then went into windows explorer the dvd drive now only said "cd drive" and when i clicked it, it just gave the hourglass, but didn't let me browse the disc
hope that helps
let me know

Last edited:
Back