• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disney DVDs: New structural protection?

73ChargerFan

This is just a report of my experiences with very recent Disney DVDs.

Today I ripped my third problematic Disney DVD, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse R1 "Choo-Choo Express". The first two DVDs were also MMC, Adventures in Wonderland & Clubhouse Hunt, I believe.

I'm using AnyDVD-HD v 6.6.0.7 on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, rip to my hard drive then break up by episodes using CloneDVD2 2.9.2.5. In AnyDVD-HD, under Video DVD/Settings/Feature Removal I have all options selected except PC-Friendly, and AI Scanner is set to Automatic (Default).

AnyDVD-HD:
My LG GGW-H20L can't read the disks. It just makes clicking noises, and after 5 minutes I eject.

My Sony DRU-190A can see the disk, and it takes a few minutes to come up in AnyDVD-HD.

CloneDVD2:
It reports multiple tracks that are identical, each 24 minutes long, verified identical by CRC.

Is it possible for you to create log file. If so post it here. Also in future posts related to DVD belong in Anydvd forum.

It's unclear if you are actually having problems, orjust posting for info.

Please remember to always post log files so the developers can actually do something about these new protections.

The new MMC dvd's have an interactive feature in them to allow for user input to select answers to questions during playback, thus making multiple tracks that seem the same. Some with the feature and some without. My kids love MMC and I have backed them all up, including the one's that are mentioned in this thread.
________
Angelina jolie pictures

Last edited:
It appears that 6.6.3.4 doesn't work with Disney now. Choo Choo Express just caused ANYDVD to scan forever with a BDROM/DVD and a second DVD Reader/writer

It appears that 6.6.3.4 doesn't work with Disney now - Thats a pretty vague assumption Tomcat as I just a few minutes ago backed up Alice In wonderland the new release and Ponyo with no problems so the issue might be on his end or a bad disc

It appears that 6.6.3.4 doesn't work with Disney now - Thats a pretty vague assumption Tomcat as I just a few minutes ago backed up Alice In wonderland the new release and Ponyo with no problems so the issue might be on his end or a bad disc

Ok, After working on it for a few hours, I have the following data:

1. I was able to complete the backup using 6.6.3.4
2. The AnyDVD scan of the disk took over 5 minuts. I did not time it exactly, however I can say that it was more than 5 but less than 10. A similar result someone else had above.
3. I used DVD shrink to complete the backup. The process took about 12 minutes for the disk (roughly 3.4 GB of data was what I backed up. This is roughly twice the time it takes to normally backup a DVD of that size.
4. Conclusively...yes it does work
5. Is it as easy to use as it has been forever? Clearly no! One of my favorite features of the software was how quickly and easily it operated, so much so that I bought a friend of mine the same product as he was having trouble with everything he bought.
6. My Recommendation for software improvement, investigate why the software has such a complex time identifying the DVD's and making it available to windows. I believe the same issue the software is having identifying the DVD is connected to why the backup process took so long.
7. Interestingly enough, if I turn off AnyDVD, my system comes up immediately recognizing it and wanting to play it.

I hope this helps whoever would be working on future versions of the software.

Machine is a Gateway GM5478 Q6600 with 6 GB, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Sorry if you feel I was too hasty posting...but it is very frustrating when a simple kids DVD takes what seems like forever to backup. Start to finish, approx 20 minutes after the first time figuring out how it works.

about the scantime. Its normal. Its been posted on the forums that it can take upto 10minutes to scan a disc. If you'd turn AnyDVD back on too, it would also recognise it faster due to the CSS key being in the CSS archive

3. I used DVD shrink to complete the backup. The process took about 12 minutes for the disk (roughly 3.4 GB of data was what I backed up. This is roughly twice the time it takes to normally backup a DVD of that size.

And here's a future warning to you.
Depending on what Disney DVD you are doing, and how much of it you want to back up with DVDShrink - you often have to use the built in AnyDVD ripper to rip the DVD to the hard drive - then import that rip into DVDShrink to do whatever you were doing.

-W

Back