• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT3 crashing when trying to play

gwolfman

Hello everyone,

Every time I try and play any media TMT 3 is crashing before it even plays any media (DVDs, Blu-ray movies, etc) but .avi's play fine. Anyone else running into this issue? It didn't always use to do this, but it's happening all the time now. Here are my specs:

nVidia GTS 250 (tried 191.07 & latest 195.62 drivers that came out today)
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe (latest win 7 x64 drivers)
Win 7 x64 (up-to-date)
Onkyo TX-SR606 w/ 7.1 speakers
TotalMedia Theatre 3.0.1.160 (latest patch I think)
AnyDVD HD 6.6.0.3
Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.5

Also, after I installed the 3.0.1.140 patch, the check for update feature stopped working. The window pops up and just says "Connect to the Internet and check out all the great deals from Arcsoft!" The only reason I knew there was another patch out was because I installed the software (unpatched) on a new build and it showed the newest patch. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
-GWolfman

Last edited:
TMT3 .120 should patch to .160. I would not patch to .140 then .160.

I would uninstall, clean out registry of ArcSoft, and where it usually installs.

Reinstall original .120 then patch with .160.

I would uninstall, clean out registry of ArcSoft, and where it usually installs.

I'll try that this weekend.

Anyone else with similar issues?

What Anti Virus are you using? Mine used to crash all the time and it was caused by the AV software

Ok. That didn't work for me. It seems that avi files and even mp3s and wma files crash TMT3 as well.

I uninstalled everything and started with .120. The avi played fine. So I updated to .160 and it started crashing again. I uninstalled everything again and started with .120, then .140 but crashed every time. So I tried .120 again and everything made it crash. I tried updating to .160 again. Crash. After about 20-30 minutes of the computer being idle (I left to go do something), I came back and tried the avi file again and it played perfectly fine. I'm at a loss.

What Anti Virus are you using? Mine used to crash all the time and it was caused by the AV software
I have Avira installed on there. Did you have to uninstall it completely or were you able to disable it while watching a movie and/or add TMT3 to the exclusion list?

Thanks for the idea! I'll try it tonight.

If not I guess I'll have to open up a ticket with Arcsoft.

Back