• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TMT3 & Media Center Settings info...

dfwjr1973

TMT3 & Media Center Settings info...

Just an FYI...

I just purchased Total Media Theater 3 and was using it with Media Center in Windows Vista 64 and My Movies.

I was having trouble playing Blu-Ray movies that I backed up to the hard drive as either folders or .iso image. Both would play perfectly if I opened the stand alone TMT3 player with full HD sound in all channels, but if I used Media Center and selected the movie that way, TMT3 would open, but the sound would only be in stereo.

I was trying everything...setting on the sound card, the receiver, etc...until during the playback of a BD from the TMT3 Media Center player plug-in I pressed the right mouse button and the settings for this player came up. I found that the plug-in player uses a different config file or something than the stand-alone player uses. In here, the audio output was set as stereo.

So, even though you set up the stand-alone TMT3 player the way you want, you have to do the same to the Media Center plug-in one too.

Stupid me to think that they would share the same settings, I guess...

Now, I have beautiful video, audio, and the nice 10 ft interface of Media Center + the My Movie experience... I'm almost happy...
________
Arrya

Last edited:
Yeah, they do not share the same settings. Both are treated differently. I have never been able to get Arcsoft to explain why they did this. Maybe due to the architecture they implemented for their OEM customers. Glad you got it working.

bump for good information

I just wanted to bump this thread in hopes that others having the same issue as me might see this information. I was pulling my hair out over the same issues and not realizing that TMT3 had different audio settings in Media Center than the standalone client.

Thank you for posting this!

Please Excuse My Ignorance_

Could I ask where the point is you are "right clicking" on the Arsoft Plugin you mention?

Thanks!

Something to watch out for when I'm getting mine all setup during the holidays. Thanks.

tolly616

Thankyou sooo much for this info...uninstalled and reinstalled all software, clean OS build, drive changes...damn near everything! This solution worked, just one double setting sorted it....Thanks again.

Back