• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

each month I come here to get some information about progress on slyplayer and to get a date of release of a beta ... but each month no news ...

what is the officiel information about release date ? release date is not for 2009 ?

For all we know the release date might not even be in 2010...

As long as it comes out before 12/21/2012 it's all good :D

I would like to add a feature request for slyplayer: The ability to change resolution and refresh rate on startup and exit. The reason is this- it would be nice to have a standard computer screen at say 1080 60hz and have it switch to 1080 24p to have native 24p sent out for the tav or projector to deal with. And then, when it is closing/exiting, it sets the refresh back to 60hz so, say, MyMovies can go back to being displayed at standard computer resolutions.

I second that... or at least display a warning "movie refresh rate is X, while display refresh rate is Y, you may want to adjust it".

I was really hoping for an automated process of this so going in and out of mymovies would be seemless.

You guys know about Reclock, right? It's forum is here.

If not, you should know that it changes the dislplay rate to match the video and synchronizes it precisely. Works with most existing players (except TMT3 which broke it in the last rev). You can be pretty sure that it will work with (or its technology will be incorporated in) SlyPlayer.

You guys know about Reclock, right? It's forum is here.

If not, you should know that it changes the dislplay rate to match the video and synchronizes it precisely. Works with most existing players (except TMT3 which broke it in the last rev). You can be pretty sure that it will work with (or its technology will be incorporated in) SlyPlayer.

Ummm... ahem :eek: I've read about Reclock long time ago and got the impression that it works only with DirectShow based players, but not with blu-rays. Obviously that was wrong. Thanks jbrisbin.

finally, we are excited

i cannot tell you how long we have waited for this...........we are all very excited .......i don't think people realize how important slysoft is ..........they certainly have kept me from visitng hollywood with an AK-47 i can tell you .....god bless slysoft.

While I hope you were joking with the AK-47 reference there, in this day and age it's not really all that humorous. I can understand the frustration with hollywood, but, let's maybe find more constructive ways to convey that in the future. :) Thanks!

Do we really need SlyPlayer now that Albian has cracked PAP? What would SlyPlayer offer than isn't publicly available? Advanced Blu-Ray analog audio?

I don't think MPC-HC supports HD DVD. That would be one thing missing right now.

Do we really need SlyPlayer now that Albian has cracked PAP? What would SlyPlayer offer than isn't publicly available? Advanced Blu-Ray analog audio?

I'd prefer to use a product from Slysoft for a player than MPC-HC. I would expect Slysoft's player would also be easier to setup and use for people of lesser knowledge levels. I'd also know that any issues between the player and playback would be worked on by people who know exactly what AnyDVD is doing when removing protections, etc.

MPC-HC is extremely bugged. MPC-HC doesn't support BD menus, whereas SlyPlayer will ...eventually, I expect.

And even if MPC-HC offered everything SlyPlayer could do, I'd still use a Slysoft product. :agree:

No question at all I would love to have a Slysoft product for all of this. It might just be a single player I can use for everything which would just be fantastic and SUCH a relief.

Full support for BD menus (including Java) would be a huge advance on MPC-HC, but even just being able to select titles/audio/subtitles from some self generated menu would be a good first step.

My biggest concerns are:

If this product is free it will be hard to justify the on-going support and development cost. Sure it makes AnyDVD even more popular but I am not sure that alone is enough.

We haven't really heard anything from Slysoft on this for a long long time!!​

The following statements are my own opinion. It's possible that some of my impressions of what SlyPlayer will do is not what Slysoft intends. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong.

Has anyone else noticed that many problems with the existing commercial solutions come down to dealing with the inherent Blu-ray protections? The software players are handcuffed by needing to make the BDA happy. The BDA can revoke licensing which would mean the commercial players wouldn't be able to decrypt and playback commercial Blu-ray discs. The programs need to make use of obfuscation and require updates for dealing with new AACS MKBs and BD+ as they are released. Slysoft won't be hobbled by such concerns because, as far as I am aware, the player will not care about AACS, BD+, HDCP, region locking, etc, because it won't even deal with decryption. AnyDVD HD will remove the protections while SlyPlayer is left to do what all software players should do in the first place and that is to simply playback the media in its full glory.

I don't think MPC-HC supports HD DVD. That would be one thing missing right now.
Not to launch a debate MPC-HC vs Slyplayer but at least MPC-HC works and most of the time quite well, sure without menu but reclock is supported, GPU decoding as well and it is welcome to "wait" for Slyplayer. Oh and Reclock is MPC-HC best buddy!

If you allow me a bit of sarcasm, I hope Slyplayer will show up before streaming takes over physical media, which means ... soon ;)
I just LOVE reclock and a HC PC enthusiast so dont misunderstand me, but why is it soooo long? is perfection of some kind so hard to create :)

All the best to Slysoft team anyway!

Not to launch a debate MPC-HC vs Slyplayer but at least MPC-HC works and most of the time quite well, sure without menu but reclock is supported, GPU decoding as well and it is welcome to "wait" for Slyplayer. Oh and Reclock is MPC-HC best buddy!

If you allow me a bit of sarcasm, I hope Slyplayer will show up before streaming takes over physical media, which means ... soon ;)
I just LOVE reclock and a HC PC enthusiast so dont misunderstand me, but why is it soooo long? is perfection of some kind so hard to create :)

All the best to Slysoft team anyway!

I'm not knocking MPC-HC. With the latest ffdshow-tryout and an ATI 5xxx or Xonar card, you can now bitstream TrueHD and DTS-HD MA from mounted ISO, disc, or m2ts/mkv file. So believe me when I say I know what MPC-HC is capable of. Nonetheless, I would really like SlyPlayer to get released, as well. There's things that I think SlySoft will do better.

Back