• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Children of men HDDVD and Xbox drive

Faye

According to Slashdot, people are reporting problems, and yet nothing on here... Does that mean there is no problem?

This is a movie I'm interested in but I'm a little worried since returns overseas are often dodgy to arrange.

Faye

It sounds more like an iHD/mastering style problem which we're well used to solving with AnyDVD HD's magic file replacement.

Faye

i am able to playback children of men hddvd on my pc with the 360 addon + anydvd hd + powerdvd 7.1

no problems

According to Slashdot, people are reporting problems, and yet nothing on here... Does that mean there is no problem?

This is a movie I'm interested in but I'm a little worried since returns overseas are often dodgy to arrange.

Faye

I'm having problems with this title. When trying to play from a hard drive, using AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.3, PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 crashes when using the 'Open movie on hard disk drive' option. When using the 'Open media files' option to play 'FEATURE_1.EVO' the playback is so choppy that it is unwatchable. This happened on a brand new disc with no visible flaws. Playing from the original disc works fine.

You should wait to buy until a fix is available.

Last edited:
PLease Help!

I am having the exact same problem as ROOG(without the crashing part) but with all HD-DVDs ripped with anydvdhd and the xbox HDDVD add-on using power DVDHD 7.1 for playback. I have a high end system ( Opteron 175, 2 gig DDR, X1900). Playback is unwatchably jercky and audio is random at best. info panel shows its trying to playback the main evo file at 130+MB/sec. and it should only be around 25 right? Also, all of the other evo files play perfect (intro, previews ect) it's only the main movie files that play like crap (ex feature1.evo) What file plays the entire movie and what am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks.

Last edited:
Problem solved. I needed to select "open movie from hard disk drive" rather than "open media file" from the HDD icon button on the left of the tool bar. Thanks for pointing that out roog. BTW - I am using powerdvdhd 7.1 and bitrate is about 20-22MB/sec. All my HDDVDs are about to be archived. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm having problems with this title. When trying to play from a hard drive, using AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.3, PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 crashes when using the 'Open movie on hard disk drive' option. When using the 'Open media files' option to play 'FEATURE_1.EVO' the playback is so choppy that it is unwatchable. This happened on a brand new disc with no visible flaws. Playing from the original disc works fine.

You should wait to buy until a fix is available.

I don't know exactly what happened but I tried 'Children of Men' after installing AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.5 and it works fine now. Also, the original disc has the standard DVD version on the flip side so it won't be a total loss if you buy and have to wait to get it working.

Mine ripped perfectly. I have yet to experience a problem with a combo disc. (knocking on wood)

Back