• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request for a Motorola Droid profile

spport

Hi, It would be great to get a Droid profile in Clone DVD Mobile. The Droid forums are packed with inaccurate information and quirky free apps. I love Clone DVD Mobile with the minimal mental labor and time needed approach.

Any suggestions on another profile that might work?

The Droid has a screen resolution of 854x480.

720x480 is the resolution of video when you are filming. The screen resolution is 854x480. The Apple profile doesn't provide a high enough resolution for the 16:9 screen. It won't play WMV. Thanks though.

Anyone KNOW how to get the movies right using Clone DVD mobile for the Droid?

:bang:

720x480 is the resolution of video when you are filming. The screen resolution is 854x480. The Apple profile doesn't provide a high enough resolution for the 16:9 screen. It won't play WMV. Thanks though.

Anyone KNOW how to get the movies right using Clone DVD mobile for the Droid?

:bang:
iDon't. Droid Does ;)
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...mat/access_id/37,1/p/30,6720,7155/r_id/138858
Try using the Apple TV H264 AVC profile selecting 856x480 resolution and a Video Quality which produces a bitrate below the maximum bitrate of 2.5mbps. The output is actually 854x480 (the anamorphic choices for widescreen sources are 720x408, 856x480 or 1280x720 in the Apple TV profile).

I doubt if you will see much difference using 720x408, but the file size will be much smaller and the conversion time quicker (depending on the bitrate you select in the Video Quality).

Edit: I ran a test and the default profile produces audio at 160kbps (Droid max reported as 128kbps in the above user support link). According to their developer support page any AAC-LC format up to 160kbps is supported:
http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

If the audio is a problem just change the default profile and replace ABRate=160 with
Code:
ABRate=128

Let us know if it works.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for all that.

I didn't realize you could edit the changes anywhere. I found the file and made the edits. It's cooking right now. I will let you know the outcome.

I went with the higher resolution because the native player via the Gallery on the Droid hasn't shown the ability to make movies of a smaller resolution stretch to the full screen size.

Change the max bitrate down to 1000 so i can have the option of a smaller file size since storage is limited. The lowest bitrate I could select was 600. I have some movies done with a 400 bitrate and the total file size of about 350mb which look and play fantastic.

I also cut down the sample rate and bitrate on the audio. Thanks for your help. I will keep playing and let you know how it comes out.

Hey thanks for all that.

I didn't realize you could edit the changes anywhere. I found the file and made the edits. It's cooking right now. I will let you know the outcome.

I went with the higher resolution because the native player via the Gallery on the Droid hasn't shown the ability to make movies of a smaller resolution stretch to the full screen size.

Change the max bitrate down to 1000 so i can have the option of a smaller file size since storage is limited. The lowest bitrate I could select was 600. I have some movies done with a 400 bitrate and the total file size of about 350mb which look and play fantastic.

I also cut down the sample rate and bitrate on the audio. Thanks for your help. I will keep playing and let you know how it comes out.
You're welcome. If you get a working profile you might want to post it in the format extensions sticky near the top of the forum to benefit other Droid users. Don't forget to wrap the profile text in code tags if you do post one.

Couldn't get the Apple TV profile to work although the Droid can handle the H.264 codec. Will play with that later. I was able to modify the Ipod profile for proper screen resolution and decreased the audio and video bitrate to save on file size. The movies come out very playable with good audio sync. Good video quality even with the cropping tools to eliminate the black bars on the 16:9 versions.

Will post the profile code in the sticky format area for all.

Thanks profcolli. :bowdown:

Back