• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

clone dvd bluray

Patience

First of all, it won't be an add-on to CloneDVD2. That's an Elaborate Bytes product and will remain DVD-only.

The product for cloning BDs is still in the works and we expect it before year-end. More information is simply not available for release at the moment.

Be patient. Good things need time. 8)

It will be finished soon, I saw it myself on the Mayan Calender.

Sillyness aside, I don't mind the wait. I know how great it will be.

First of all, it won't be an add-on to CloneDVD2. That's an Elaborate Bytes product and will remain DVD-only.

The product for cloning BDs is still in the works and we expect it before year-end. More information is simply not available for release at the moment.

Be patient. Good things need time. 8)

Frank/Slysoft staff- just a thought, but these kinds of threads seem to come up on a fairly regular basis. Perhaps this topic warrants a sticky including the information you posted here. That might cut down on redundant threads asking about the status of Clone All/Clone BD/whatever it's going to be called, and it could provide a convenient place for any updates that Slysoft does care to release. :agree:

Frank/Slysoft staff- just a thought, but these kinds of threads seem to come up on a fairly regular basis. Perhaps this topic warrants a sticky including the information you posted here. That might cut down on redundant threads asking about the status of Clone All/Clone BD/whatever it's going to be called, and it could provide a convenient place for any updates that Slysoft does care to release. :agree:

How about a forum for Clone BD and another forum for Slyplayer? :clap:

Hello Frank,

whats about your estimation from September 2009?! Meanwhile 8 months
have passed!!

Is it allowed to you, that you can give us a little update about the long time awaited product ?? :eek:

Greetings

Cine4Me

CloneBD: Do we actually need it?

I'm a new-ish user of BD-Rebuilder.
And I'm deeply impressed.
I'm now struggling to see what SlySoft's market placement is going to be.

BD-Rebuilder is essentially a front-end onto the excellent x264 encoder, which performs the actual Deep Magic.

So will a SS product also use x264 in the background?
If so, then what will it add over and above rebuilder to make it a viable commercial product?

If it doesn't, then is there any viable alternative encoder which can produce results anything like as good as x264?

Sure, there are some rough edges that could be cleaned up on BD-rebuilder. Correct handling of seamless branching like clownbd does for a start. Building-in the dependency software in such a way as to remove all versioning problems that users inflict upon themselves. Perhaps they could add the familiarity of the CloneDVD GUI. But that's about it as far as I can see.

--
SC

@ Stormcrow

Here is what I am looking for in the future CloneBD from Slysoft:

1. Faster transcoding/re-encoding times than BD Rebuilder. Maintain great video quality on high compression disks.

2. Use the latest versions of the sub-software programs in the future CloneBD product. So if CloneBD gets updated then the sub-software programs get updated too, if there is a new release. BD Rebuilder does not do this.

3. Much better service on their future CloneBD product. In some cases Rebuilder products have taken over two years to get updates.

:clap:

@ Stormcrow

Here is what I am looking for in the future CloneBD from Slysoft:

1. Faster transcoding/re-encoding times than BD Rebuilder. Maintain great video quality on high compression disks.
This is dependent on your system, the only way you can get faster transcoding times is to use lower settings or get a better system.

2. Use the latest versions of the sub-software programs in the future CloneBD product. So if CloneBD gets updated then the sub-software programs get updated too, if there is a new release. BD Rebuilder does not do this.
BD rebuilder doesn't update them because they don't need to be updated

3. Much better service on their future CloneBD product. In some cases Rebuilder products have taken over two years to get updates.
They've not updated their products because there's no real reason too, nothing much has changed in that time, and I can still use the 2 year old version just fine

Slysoft should just announce that they have cancelled the CloneBD project so everyone can stop asking about it, and then adopt the Apple release strategy.

Don't announce a new product until the purchase link is ready to go. All the while, the beta testers will be happy to assist in Slysoft's efforts.

This is dependent on your system, the only way you can get faster transcoding times is to use lower settings or get a better system.

Or improved algorithms or improved implementation.

Not to say that a faster machine doesn't help, of course.:agree:

Right.
Or they have some new algorithm that is faster.

As an example data point, using BD-Rebuilder, my i7 system takes about 2 hours to re-encode a BD down to BD-25. Add 20 mins each end for the demux / remux and lets call the whole thing about 3 hours.

That seems reasonable, given what it has to do.

I'd be somewhat suspicious if some product claimed it could do the same in significantly less time. They'd have needed to make some kind of breakthrough in video encoding. Now, I don't rule that out: using the GPU may help in this regard, for example.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what SS has to offer. But as it stands, I can't see any reason to use anything other than BD-Rebuilder and x264. It's set a pretty high bar for others to jump over.

--
SC

Until it's finished and they start charging for it

I respect jdobbs for what he has offered over the years. DVD Rebuilder is a great tool and his offering both a freeware and shareware version is great. He hasn't gone overboard and crippled the freeware version but the shareware version does offer a definite benefit. That said, BD Rebuilder is great considering the current existing crop of products. jdobbs is offering it as freeware at this time but I fully expect it to end up consisting of freeware and shareware versions at some point just like DVD Rebuilder. I'm not criticizing jdobbs by saying any of this, btw.

The downsides I have with BD Rebuilder are the lack of GPU acceleration and the necessity for using older versions of ffdshow, Avisynth, and Haali Media Splitter. I'll patiently wait for Slysoft's product for handling my BD media.

Back