• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

iPhone app creation

damnskippy

I know there are some coders on here so I thought I would post here since it is smaller and I "know" many of you. I thought maybe yall would have some insight. Iam sorta just thinking out loud here.

I have two ideas for iphone apps, both come from wanting these apps not being able to find anything. Actually one of them you can get a lot of the same functionality if you purchase about 3 other apps though not all of it ( bought them).

I am not a coder so I will need someone to do that.

One of the apps is very dependent on the visual side of the app. I mean it must look very good. Does anyone know how dependent the design and gui of an app is on the coding side of things?

Does anyone know of some good sites to get some good info on how the apps are made etc. Honestly google gave some much stuff that was not helpful I gave up quickly to get a little direction on where to start.

Anyway like I said just kinda thinking out loud and hoping yall might be able to point me in a direction.

If you are willing to finance the development, you can post a job on elance dot com. If your requirements are not too complex, it might be affordable (in range 100-1000 US $). Obviously it depends...

In general, GUI can be very connected to coding - that's why there are specialized GUI toolkits like BCG or CodeJock.

Unfortunately I am totally not familiar with iPhone. I did few applications for Windows Mobile though.

Try and check out the itunes university stanford class about making apps. Its free and goes through the processes of making these. It might be a good place to start.
________
Charger (lx)

Last edited:
Back