• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Press Release: SlySoft acquires Game Jackal

the licence your on about is with the original author, not slysoft

Lifetime upgrades, lol, I already had an lifetime license of GameJackal and the new cooperation which take over the old, have to continue the old licenses for free!

That is law and charge of 10 USD is not allowed.

It is allowed; it's not against the law; and your license agreement was Maplom not Slysoft.

And we see what lifetime upgrades are worth at SlySoft, nothing!

Updates . . . Slysoft offers free lifetime updates--not upgrades.

See AnyDVD, see CloneCD, see CloneDVD, development is almost still at the latter two!

Clonedvd works well at the moment and does what it's advertised to do. Elaborate Bytes is the official developer of that program, by the way--not Slysoft. Clonecd has had a beta release. And Anydvd is updated constantly.

And SlySoft simply release AnyDVD HD and let all customers pay again!

Why shouldn't they? Anydvd continues to be updated and offered for free to existing customers. Anydvd HD is an upgrade and offers Bluray and HD-DVD support; these are not features Anydvd customers originally paid for.

That is very bad and I bet, after you had already pay 10 USD for GameJackal, some time SlySoft will release another GameJackal variation, like GameJackal HD or something like this and you have to pay again!

When you pay money to Slysoft for a feature that was advertised then that feature will continue to be updated if need be and offered to you for free.

For GameJackal Standard licenses this behavior is ok, but not for Pro version with lifetime license!

Were it not for Slysoft, Gamejackal would eventually be completely useless. You cannot expect Slysoft to offer future development on a product to you for free when none of the original money you spent went to Slysoft.

$10 for existing GJ customers for Slysoft to continue to provide free lifetime updates is fair.

Last edited:
Not correct

It is allowed; it's not against the law; and your license agreement was Maplom not Slysoft.

Nope, SlySoft acquire the product, so they acquire the current customers, so they acquire the license!

All other is dubious, not serious! :(

Updates . . . Slysoft offers free lifetime updates--not upgrades.

Sorry, but this is bullshit! Lifetime license means updates and upgrades.
That is simply a play of words, nothing else! -.-

You got a lifetime license, you got all new version for free, period.

Clonedvd works well at the moment and does what it's advertised to do. Elaborate Bytes is the official developer of that program, by the way--not Slysoft. Clonecd has had a beta release. And Anydvd is updated constantly.

I paid a lifetime license for CloneDVD at a high price point, not for minor updates and for features that CloneDVD does currently have and offer.

I paid for new features and new major versions, nothing else is lifetime license.

Otherwise I could buy simply a one year license..

I don't care who is the developer of CloneCD, SlySoft acquire it and I bought a lifetime license for this app, so I want new features and improvements.
I paid SlySoft not Elaborate Bytes. Do you want to trick me?! :mad:

Yes, AnyDVD is updates constantly with minor updates and bugfixes, but no major thing, no major new features like HD for Version 6.0..

Anydvd HD is an upgrade and offers Bluray and HD-DVD support; these are not features Anydvd customers originally paid for.

Yes, correct, you're right. I paid for AnyDVD with an lifetime license, so I can expect that I get HD for free as an major upgrade to AnyDVD.
An overdue major upgrade for Version 6.x of AnyDVD.

When you pay money to Slysoft for a feature that was advertised then that feature will continue to be updated if need be and offered to you for free.

It is self-evident!

Were it not for Slysoft, Gamejackal would eventually be completely useless. You cannot expect Slysoft to offer future development on a product to you for free when none of the original money you spent went to Slysoft.

Wrong, were it not Slysoft, it were maybe a more serious company, which really care for their customers and for their satisfaction! :agree:

SlySoft was simply fast and see the chance to acquire GameJackal, to get more money and to force the current customers of GameJackal to buy this 10 USD charge, to continue the lifetime license and get updates..

But I already have my lifetime license and it is self-evident that SlySoft continues to offer updates, upgrades with new features and improvements for free, because that's serious, fair and part of the lifetime license agreement!

$10 for existing GJ customers for Slysoft to continue to provide free lifetime updates is fair.

Nope, it's simply a method to gather new money, that is insolence, dubious and impudence.

I'm angry and disappointed. :mad:

Nope, SlySoft acquire the product, so they acquire the current customers, so they acquire the license!
aquire or buy? you seem to know about this transaction

Yes, correct, you're right. I paid for AnyDVD with an lifetime license, so I can expect that I get HD for free as an major upgrade to AnyDVD.
An overdue major upgrade for Version 6.x of AnyDVD.
you will still get your updates to anydvd for the lifetime, just not to be able to use the HD freature untill you pay for the upgrade ;)

Hi :)
PSchuetz. You are consistant if nothing else. Again the topic has been covered before by others. You have nothing new. Other than being marginally better regarding semantics than some.
So like the other thread unless you have some startling revelation to share this thread too will close.
You've aired your feelings. Some may agree & others not.
Lets move on here too please.
TIA.

read carefully

Hi there,

first it's not my topic.

Second that's an complaint and I simply want my right!

I want that someone of the executives and a responsible person contact me per email or pm here in the forum.

Or the principal of the firm in the flesh.

Hi there,

first it's not my topic.

Second that's an complaint and I simply want my right!

I want that someone of the executives and a responsible person contact me per email or pm here in the forum.

Or the principal of the firm in the flesh.

Hi :)
I know this (not your topic/thread). However you are continuing where you left off in the other thread. So you are consistant.
As far as this particular thread is concerned, it appears to have reached a point where ideas are merely being regurgitated. Becoming stale & of little substance.
You need to adopt a different approach if your expecting 'Slysoft' the company to respond here. While they may frequent here. It is at the end of the day a forum. Nothing more.
So this is not the way to go.
This forum is run as much, if not more on a day to day basis by the Moderators. That is their function.

Again, your license agreement is with Maplom, not Slysoft. Slysoft has no legally binding contract with you at all. Period.

Sorry, but this is bull****!

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

General Rules:

* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

:policeman:

Consider this a warning. If you can't express yourself in a civil manner, then don't post.

Lifetime license means updates and upgrades.

No.

When you purchase from Slysoft, it states "Free lifetime updates"--not upgrades.

That is simply a play of words, nothing else!

No. It's not. In fact, it's a widely accepted industry standard.

By the way, Alcohol 52% is different and offers less features than Alcohol 120%. They are two distinct products.
Buying Alcohol 52% does not somehow entitle you to getting Alcohol 120% for free.

You got a lifetime license, you got all new version for free, period.

And you do. Anydvd and Anydvd HD are two separate products.

I paid a lifetime license for CloneDVD at a high price point, not for minor updates and for features that CloneDVD does currently have and offer.

I know of no individual who pays for things he hopes the product will be rather than what the product is currently. Regardless, you paid for specific features. Those features will be updated and provided to you for free.

I paid for new features and new major versions, nothing else is lifetime license.

You are mistaken.

Otherwise I could buy simply a one year license.

Slysoft does not offer 1 year licenses.

I don't care who is the developer of CloneCD

Slysoft is the developer of Clonecd. Elaborate Bytes is the developer of Clonedvd2. Slysoft is a reseller of Clonedvd2 (but also
has some input into how it's developed; however, Slysoft is not of the official developer of Clonedvd2).

SlySoft acquire it

Slysoft did not acquire Clonedvd2.

and I bought a lifetime license for this app, so I want new features and improvements.

And you're getting them.

I paid SlySoft not Elaborate Bytes. Do you want to trick me?!

Do you understand the difference between a brand name burner and the store you bought it from?

Yes, AnyDVD is updates constantly with minor updates and bugfixes
but no major thing

I believe the following is a "major thing", as no other product allows you to do this without ripping the original dvd first:

http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt

"Note: With the help of AnyDVD, discs protected with "Protect DVD-Video"
can now be played on Windows MCE 2005, with Windows Media player or
Zoom Player. WITHOUT ANYDVD RUNNING, THESE DISCS CANNOT BE PLAYED!
Shame on the makers of this really bad protection.
They don't do their customers a favour, if they cannot watch the
original disc!"

no major new features like HD

Did you pay for this feature? You paid for Anydvd. You did not pay for Anyandeveryformatthatwillberleasedinthefuture

Yes, correct, you're right. I paid for AnyDVD with an lifetime license, so I can expect that I get HD for free

You paid for Anydvd. You did not pay for Anydvd HD.

Wrong, were it not Slysoft, it were maybe a more serious company

Like whom? Slysoft can sell this product without worry because of where it's situated. Other companies will come and go before Slysoft does.

Sorry, if Slysoft doesn't pick up Gamejackal the program is dead in the water. You can speculate all you want; the reality is Slysoft helped save this program.

which really care for their customers and for their satisfaction!

Slysoft does care about its customers. Slysoft even cares about its non-customers. Its customer support staff answers questions even for those who don't own the products. These forums are open to anyone--not just registered, paid customers. Other companies do not offer the same openness.

Slysoft could simply sit on its money and cease development of Anydvd. If you then claim Slysoft wouldn't gain new customers then such a claim runs counter to what you expressed in the other forum where you stated Slysoft's customer base is fixed.

SlySoft was simply fast and see the chance to acquire GameJackal

I see no other company stepping up.

But I already have my lifetime license

with Maplom--not Slysoft

Last edited:
For both sides of this argument

First, I'm a licensed legal practitioner. That means I passed a (US) state BAR exam; I did not attend law school, so I may not be as thorough as a standard practice lawyer on the following comment.

Acquisition, purchase, buy-out, transfer, and partnership are ALL DIFFERENT; PSchuetz. I don't know what the actual transaction was between SlySoft and the original GameJackal team was. To be honest, I don't even know what GameJackal is.

The only way you would be correct is if the actual contracted agreement included not just the GameJackal software, but also specifically states that they are ACQUIRING the responsibility of the existing licences. From what little I do know about this situation, they DID NOT.

And if they did not acquire the old licences than GIVING AWAY a wholly new version of the software for a measly compensation of just US$10 simply shows how much SlySoft really cares about the consumer.

I agree wit the moderator that the AnyDVD support is for DVDs only. I use more than a dozen different laser formats. I don't expect AnyDVD to support P-CVD/HiVD (HVD)/HDVCD or any of the other non-world-wide formats I use. That's why it's called DVD and not AnyLaserProductEver. The fact that they added Audio CD protection remover FOR FREE is a gift I really appreciate. I never expected that. So PS does have a point on that, however minor it may be.

I have, and have had: CloneDVD, CloneCD, CloneDVDMobile, AnyDVD for quite some time. I love EVERY ONE. I even willingly paid for a second licence on AnyDVD/CloneDVD when I bought a new computer and lost my old licence keys, rather than go through the trouble of all sorts of verification since the original email address I signed on with no longer existed. They offered to work with me and track backwards my original purchases; much to their credit. The software is so supported that I felt the minor inconvenience to buy it again that was a worthy "donation."

In the end, SlySoft products are the most supported and most often updated in their fields (with the exception of CloneCD). There are other programs out there that do much the same thing (including Protect DVD-Video bypassing), some are free, some cost hundreds of dollars. None of them work as well, and none are updated as often as these great products. Whatever GameJackal was/is; you can be sure it will only get better.

I'm intrigued to learn more about Anyandeveryformatthatwillberleasedinthefuture. Is there an estimated release date?

DISCLAIMER: The above is a joke. I am fully aware that there is no such product.
Please do not post in an attempt to point this out with the assumption I am serious.

EDIT: In the event such a product does come into being, that is of course a different matter. Ah, you get the idea.

I can't believe all this debate over $10... It really isn't that much...

I bought Game Jackal so many years ago I can't remember now. I bought it when it was first out long before all the new fangled licenses came into effect. I believe I got upgraded to the lifetime license for free or something.

Anyway I want to thank SlySoft for taking over this product, as it would be useless without them. I have already encountered some newer games not working under game jackal because they use newer versions of previously supported protection systems. The way I am going to thank them is by NOT taking advantage of the cheap upgrade offer.

Also the original owners of Game Jackal were incredibly good to you (and me) in offering lifetime UPGRADES. Many pieces of software I own only license you for the version you buy. This entitles you to free updates to that version and that version ONLY. When a new version is released with new features then you are usually given the option to upgrade at a discounted price.

. Many pieces of software I own only license you for the version you buy. This entitles you to free updates to that version and that version ONLY.

This isn't the case with Slysoft. Slysoft keeps giving you free updates, regardless of version numbers. What Slysoft doesn't do is give you free upgrades to new products. If you visit http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt you will see that Anydvd has gone from version 1.2.1.3 in 2003 to 6.1.3.3 today. During that time, no Anydvd customer has had to pay for updates to 6.1.3.3. If you want to upgrade to Anydvd HD, which provides additional HD-DVD and Blu-ray support, then you do have to pay more money. It's not as though Anydvd customers still aren't being provided with updates for Anydvd. Consequently, there is no reason to believe Slysoft would ever stop supporting Game Jackal customers (once they buy GameJackal through Slysoft). As with all Slysoft products, the features you paid for are supported and updated for the lifetime of the product.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued to learn more about Anyandeveryformatthatwillberleasedinthefuture. Is there an estimated release date?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It will be released in the year 5000 N.G.T.H.

N.G.T.H. = Never Going to Happen

I can't believe all this debate over $10... It really isn't that much...

I bought Game Jackal so many years ago I can't remember now. I bought it when it was first out long before all the new fangled licenses came into effect. I believe I got upgraded to the lifetime license for free or something.

Anyway I want to thank SlySoft for taking over this product, as it would be useless without them. I have already encountered some newer games not working under game jackal because they use newer versions of previously supported protection systems. The way I am going to thank them is by NOT taking advantage of the cheap upgrade offer.

Also the original owners of Game Jackal were incredibly good to you (and me) in offering lifetime UPGRADES. Many pieces of software I own only license you for the version you buy. This entitles you to free updates to that version and that version ONLY. When a new version is released with new features then you are usually given the option to upgrade at a discounted price.

This isn't the case with Slysoft. Slysoft keeps giving you free updates, regardless of version numbers. What Slysoft doesn't do is give you free upgrades to new products. If you visit http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt you will see that Anydvd has gone from version 1.2.1.3 in 2003 to 6.1.3.3 today. During that time, no Anydvd customer has had to pay for updates to 6.1.3.3. If you want to upgrade to Anydvd HD, which provides additional HD-DVD and Blu-ray support, then you do have to pay more money. It's not as though Anydvd customers still aren't being provided with updates for Anydvd. Consequently, there is no reason to believe Slysoft would ever stop supporting Game Jackal customers (once they buy GameJackal through Slysoft). As with all Slysoft products, the features you paid for are supported and updated for the lifetime of the product.

My comment wasn't about SlySoft. I was just trying to point out how good we have it. I have always been 100% satisfied with SlySoft and will continue to support them. I don't have any HD discs so I don't need that product for those features but expecting to get them from free because I use Anydvd is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I don't have an HD discs so I don't need that product for those features but expecting to get them from free because I use Anydvd is ridiculous.

I agree with you.

Slysoft developed Anydvd HD first with HD-DVD support. They then added Blu-ray support to Andvd HD for free, so I think that goes to show Slysoft is committed to helping out its customers:

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12691&postcount=7

Anyway, I was pretty upset at first when I found out GameJackal was dead. I figured the product would never be updated again. So, I was very pleased to discover Slysoft will be maintaining this excellent program.

Last edited:

I know the points you raised have already been beat into the ground, but I wanted to add my $0.02US.

First of all, you don't know anything about the acquisition or its terms. This will determine who is responsible for maintaining the user licenses, IF ANYONE. You cannot assume that everything will continue as-is. SlySoft might be more likely to have to maintain the current licenses if they had acquired Jacal Consulting, but that wasn't what happened -- they apparently acquired the Game Jackal technology, not the company that made it. Big difference from a legal standpoint.

This brings me to my second point: you don't know anything about the program that SlySoft is going to release. Since they acquired the GJ technology, they can easily release a product that is not covered by the original GJ license, because it is a new program, despite the fact that its underlying technology may not be new.

In fact, I'm willing to bet this is what happens -- SlySoft could have already released the latest version of Game Jackal as-is if they had wanted to. But instead they are probably just creating their own version that happens to do the same thing as the old version.

Either way, if you want to continue getting support for GJ, just pony up the $10. You obviously like the program or you wouldn't feel so strongly about it -- so do the right thing and help SlySoft continue to maintain a product they saved from extinction.

What really matters

Firstly, I want to thank SlySoft for giving Game Jackal another chance to provide its amazing service to the world; I will be grateful to pony up a measly $10 for the product and pray that we see Jackal continue to grow in the right direction.

That being said, my worry is that the product may be released before enough attention has been given to it just to satiate the masses; namely Jackals new logo! I cant wait to see what cute little furry guy SlySofts artists come up with (hopefully more along the lines of the AnyDVD fox and not the arrogant looking sheep). I mean, common, form can be as important as function and if Game Jackal doesn't have a cool looking front man it will just ruin my day! 8)

I digress...

you never know, slysoft may just give you a funky coloured, may i say it, Jackal :D

Back