• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 2.9.2.5 beta

I think that's the reason.

I still don't understand it. How is the carousel triggered? When playback stops? This will never happen with any commercial disc until playback is stopped manually.

Webslinger is correct, I guess my question would be why would you want it to loop. Most people don't want to watch the same movie again, do they, so why loop it in the first place. Trust me because it does loop it is not the end of world, I just think it should be an option, not a new feature.

The chanelog gives the reason, too:

- New: As some DVD players behave weird, if DVD playback stops,
all titles copied without menus will loop

As commercial DVDs never stop (they either loop or fall back to the menu) some players behave erratically if they have nothing to play. One prominent example would be Windows media player, which could freeze or crash. Other players (standalone?) might behave similar, as this situation isn't well tested - it doesn't exist with commercial discs.

I see no problem with this feature, as it improves the compatibility of your copies.

I also liked it when the disc stopped at the end. I never had a problem with any of my players. Is it possible to have this as an option.

Allan

I still don't understand it. How is the carousel triggered? When playback stops? This will never happen with any commercial disc until playback is stopped manually.

I own two different carousel Sony upconverters models (standalone), both brand new and I only burn "Movie Only". After loading the Beta version of CloneDVD the carousel does not advance to the next slot, this doesn't happen on all copies, but this is a recent development. I am not sure what triggers the carousel to move to the next slot when the movie ends, but it does, it then moves to the next one and so on. What your saying about a commercial DVD versus a Movie only is probably true, that is why I copy the movie only. Example "State of Play" loops while "Surveillance" doesn't and when it ends, it moves to the next slot. Both copied with the Beta version.

I am not sure why looping when the movie ends would be a good feature, all it does is takes you back to beginning or the opening play menu. When you go to the movies when movies over it is over. Maybe you can explain it to me in other terms, like why looping is good feature, it wasn't a feature in the non beta version. :confused:

I loaded all the slots with movies I copied earlier with the non Beta version and when they ended they moved to the next movie.

This is not end of world, the remote has button that will tell the player to skip disk and move on to the next. I can't ask Sony what triggers the player to move to the next slot, seeing they are "Movie Only" Dvds, I am not sure they would not be very understanding seeing they also make DVDs. :)

There has to be a happy medium, would you not agree?

I own two different carousel Sony upconverters models (standalone), both brand new and I only burn "Movie Only". After loading the Beta version of CloneDVD the carousel does not advance to the next slot, this doesn't happen on all copies, but this is a recent development. I am not sure what triggers the carousel to move to the next slot when the movie ends, but it does, it then moves to the next one and so on. What your saying about a commercial DVD versus a Movie only is probably true, that is why I copy the movie only. Example "State of Play" loops while "Surveillance" doesn't and when it ends, it moves to the next slot. Both copied with the Beta version.

I am not sure why looping when the movie ends would be a good feature, all it does is takes you back to beginning or the opening play menu. When you go to the movies when movies over it is over. Maybe you can explain it to me in other terms, like why looping is good feature, it wasn't a feature in the non beta version. :confused:

I loaded all the slots with movies I copied earlier with the non Beta version and when they ended they moved to the next movie.

This is not end of world, the remote has button that will tell the player to skip disk and move on to the next. I can't ask Sony what triggers the player to move to the next slot, seeing they are "Movie Only" Dvds, I am not sure they would not be very understanding seeing they also make DVDs. :)

There has to be a happy medium, would you not agree?
I like your points tmck. It would be frustrating to me to manually stop a movie to make the next movie start playing. I think it should be an option. I also don't have a problem wit it looping either.

WY

I like your points tmck. It would be frustrating to me to manually stop a movie to make the next movie start playing. I think it should be an option. I also don't have a problem wit it looping either.

WY

Do you copy the whole dvd or just "Movie Only"? I copied both Crank 2 and Boot Camp and they both looped. I have two new Plextors PX-880SA burners arriving tomorrow, I hope it just a burner problem. Are you using the beta version of CloneDvd? Maybe I misunderstand your last sentence, does your loop and it doesn't bother you or do the Dvds don't loop period. If yours don't loop what is your secret? :)

I have two new Plextors PX-880SA burners arriving tomorrow, I hope it just a burner problem.

Too bad they're just re-badged Lite-ons and not real Plextors. They made really good drives.

I usually try to preserve the menu when possible so at the end of the movie it goes to the menu. I don't have a carousel so I can't really say if that would make it move to the next DVD or not automatically.

Last edited:
I heard that Plextor was made by Pioneer. Your right Plextor was the leader until they switched when they came out with 810SA.

Last edited:
Besides no matter what Burner I install the looping problem is CloneDvd. I reburned Boot Camp with another program that automatically removed two title sets and it no longer loops and moved on to the next slot. I went back to the original CloneDvd and I'll wait to see what the official release does.

Last edited:
I'm curious to what brought this change to having the DVD loop?
I've never had a problem with it stopping at the end of the disk and I don't remember reading any forum posts about it. I've reverted back to 2922 and will wait to see what the new release does.

Besides no matter what Burner I install the looping problem is CloneDvd. I reburned Boot Camp with another program that automatically removed two title sets and it no longer loops and moved on to the next slot. I went back to the original CloneDvd and I'll wait to see what the official release does.

It is not a "problem". It is by design. Please read the release notes.

I'm curious to what brought this change to having the DVD loop?
I've never had a problem with it stopping at the end of the disk and I don't remember reading any forum posts about it. I've reverted back to 2922 and will wait to see what the new release does.

The answer is out there ... e.g. in the release notes.

It is not a "problem". It is by design. Please read the release notes.

James I stand corrected, I should of used new feature, not problem.

Is there a thread where I can report my findings on all the third party burning programs I tried that also do not loop when copying in the "Movie Only" mode?

I really hoping that I could get yours, Webslinger and other members support on having Elby at least look at changing it from a feature to an option.

James, you said it is abnormal for DVD to stop at the end of the movie, I assume you were including when copying "Move Only" in that statement. If it is abnormal for it to stop at the end of a movie only, then there must of been a problem with CloneDvd to have them add looping as a new feature. I went back to the original release and it does not loop, I then went back to the beta version and it loops. Apparently Elby thinks it needed, why? :confused: Is there a history of complaints from users that it didn't loop? If they wanted it to loop, clone the whole DVD, it will loop then. I tested the original release and the beta, they both looped back to play menu.

I must be stupid and by now a pain in the neck, but what is purpose of looping back to the begining when your copying the movie only? It really serve no purpose as far as I can see. In my case the movie ends and it moves on to the next movie or slot. I hope you can see my point. :)

Is there a thread where I can report my findings on all the third party burning programs I tried that also do not loop when copying in the "Movie Only" mode?

That's what the third party products forum is for. You can create a new thread there if you want. But if you're think that you may rant or otherwise get very upset in that thread, then that may not be a good idea to post.

I really hoping that I could get yours, Webslinger and other members support on having Elby at least look at changing it from a feature to an option.

I already made the suggestion originally in this thread. If James doesn't like my suggestion, then there probably isn't much hope. When you play an original disc in a regular dvd player, the dvd does loop back to the menus. That's normal. So I do understand what James is saying. I have nothing against having the option made available, however.

If it is abnormal for it to stop at the end of a movie only, then there must of been a problem with CloneDvd to have them add looping as a new feature.

This problem is with Clonedvd 2.9.2.2:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=205118&postcount=1

then click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=205411&postcount=4

then click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=205535&postcount=5

Last edited:
Webslinger, I found the second thread very interesting. CloneDVD put the looping in and then took it out. Maybe they saw the light. :D

Webslinger, I found the second thread very interesting. CloneDVD put the looping in and then took it out. Maybe they saw the light. :D
Now they saw a brighter light and put it back in. :D

James, you said it is abnormal for DVD to stop at the end of the movie, I assume you were including when copying "Move Only" in that statement. If it is abnormal for it to stop at the end of a movie only, then there must of been a problem with CloneDvd to have them add looping as a new feature.

Correct. It has always been a problem. As the release notes say. You did read them?

Back