• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trial can't update?

glowrider

I downloaded the AnyDVD HD trial a week or two ago and when I put Braveheart into my blu-ray reader in the computer, AnyDVD says it needs a critical update. But when I hit ok, it says it won't update (says trials dont update). I tried with Kill Bill 2 and there was no problem.

Is there some new protection on the Braveheart Blu-ray that doesn't work with the software? I spent a boatload on blu-rays and I need a reliable way to protect them...

Last edited:
Trial version are not authorized to connect to update server to obtain keys required for decryption.

Not the question...

The trial works great for my other movies, ie. KB, KB2, Shooter...But it doesn't on Braveheart or Gladiator which just came out...

So is Anydvd incapable of backing this up? If I buy the license will it let me back it up? Or is it too new?

Not the question...

The trial works great for my other movies, ie. KB, KB2, Shooter...But it doesn't on Braveheart or Gladiator which just came out...

So is Anydvd incapable of backing this up? If I buy the license will it let me back it up? Or is it too new?

When a AnyDVD HD version is released its capable of backing up pretty much all discs available at that time using the trial version future releases can be done by connecting to the update server but thats only available to registered users.

So yes by registering you can connect to the update server and be able to do the latest titles and if there is a particular title thats not available it will be made available.

If you are wanting to backup all your discs this is the only software thats really capable of doing this reliably and will be money well spent.

Not the question...

I bought this software a few years back. I'm running the newest version 6.5.7.7 and it works perfectly. Trust me, it's worth the money!

Exactly and to him nothing more is also to be added

Don't forget

The removal of HDCP compliance is worth the price alone.

The question isn't, is it worth the money.

I downloaded a 21-day trial, presumably because the developer is so convinced that I'll want to purchase their software give a free look.

So, I find that the 21-day trial isn't doing what presumably it is meant to be doing on the latest discs...and get bashed for it?

The answer should be, "The trial version only allows you to decode discs up to the point of release, and that the software requires an active internet connection to function as advertised for reasons a, b, and c."

Nowhere on the info page or the trial download page does it say that the trial doesn't update, that the software doesn't do the work completely offline, etc.

No reason to jump over a potential customer because he found something that doesn't work as advertised and had the audacity to actually ask what's what...

No reason to jump over a potential customer

No one "jumped" on or "bashed" you. If you do not want people assisting you, that's your choice.

Nowhere on the info page or the trial download page does it say that the trial doesn't update

There is no specific trial "info" page, and the download page is meant for registered users as well; there is no specific "trial download page".

An internet connection is not necessarily required--if you wait for Anydvd to contain new keys. Of course, by then, your trial period may be expired.

The trial version only allows you to decode discs up to the point of release

That's not necessarily true, either. Not all keys for all discs are stored in Anydvd. Sometimes an internet connection is required for older discs--until Anydvd is updated to support those discs without an internet connection.

Last edited:

I downloaded a 21-day trial, presumably because the developer is so convinced that I'll want to purchase their software give a free look.

So, I find that the 21-day trial isn't doing what presumably it is meant to be doing on the latest discs...and get bashed for it?

The answer should be, "The trial version only allows you to decode discs up to the point of release, and that the software requires an active internet connection to function as advertised for reasons a, b, and c."

Nowhere on the info page or the trial download page does it say that the trial doesn't update, that the software doesn't do the work completely offline, etc.

No reason to jump over a potential customer because he found something that doesn't work as advertised and had the audacity to actually ask what's what...

the test version is a full version only without accessed the server
it plays no role whether you can update there BS's cannot be worked on with those any more on the server must be accessed.
And this is probably sufficient to the testing
After the purchase everything runs without problems ( with access to the Sly server )

Maybe you're right, the purpose of the trial should be made clearer. The trial is intended for you test the functionality of AnyDVD HD and the various functions it provides, like decrypting on the fly, removing region code, and so on. It is provided that you can test, if the software / driver (AnyDVD is an extension to the operating system) works fine with your hardware / software.
The trial will not decrypt the newest titles. This is done on purpose.

Maybe you're right, the purpose of the trial should be made clearer. The trial is intended for you test the functionality of AnyDVD HD and the various functions it provides, like decrypting on the fly, removing region code, and so on. It is provided that you can test, if the software / driver (AnyDVD is an extension to the operating system) works fine with your hardware / software.
The trial will not decrypt the newest titles. This is done on purpose.

Thank you for your reply - perhaps we have both gained insight from this. Maybe the intention of the trial should be made clearer and the requirements for operation should be updated to include at least a passing mention that a) the trial won't do updates and b) to gain full functionality of the software, an internet connection is required.

---

I'm a mac user, I am trying this out on a home printing station I have set up with Win XP that is dedicated to my Fuji Pictrography 4500 printer. There's no internet connection on it. As a result, it seems I won't be able to get all the latest keys with this software, which is regrettable, because up to this point I was quite pleased with the software.

As a result, it seems I won't be able to get all the latest keys with this software

While I can appreciate that as being a potential problem for you, you should be aware that no other program handles as many Blu-ray movies as Anydvd HD can. In particular, BD+ support for the latest discs is going to be lacking elsewhere.

Typically, waiting for the next beta release (for registered users only) resolves requiring the need for an internet connection.

Last edited:
While I can appreciate that as being a potential problem for you, you should be aware that no other program handles as many Blu-ray movies as Anydvd HD can. In particular, BD+ support for the latest discs is going to be lacking elsewhere.

Typically, waiting for the next beta release (for registered users only) resolves requiring the need for an internet connection.

Certainly something to consider...I imagine a lifetime license is something I can carry on a thumbstick from my Mac to my pc? And subsequent betas in a similar fashion?

Certainly something to consider...I imagine a lifetime license is something I can carry on a thumbstick from my Mac to my pc?

The license key file is tiny (incredibly small). I'm not sure if that answers your question. I see no reason why you couldn't put it on a thumbdrive. I keep mine on one.

And subsequent betas in a similar fashion?

The betas are posted at the top of the forum (found in stickies or threads that are stuck at the top of the forum). Anydvd HD Betas are typically better than the official releases, in all honesty. I'm using 6.5.7.8 currently. I own Braveheart. There's no problems decrypting that disc (but I do have an internet connection, and I can't be sure if an internet connection was required).

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=216516&postcount=1

Last edited:
Certainly something to consider...I imagine a lifetime license is something I can carry on a thumbstick from my Mac to my pc? And subsequent betas in a similar fashion?

I'm not sure I understand. If you mean downloading installer, copying to a thumbstick, and then connecting to your PC, and installing then yes. That would work for all supported discs at the time of release of the beta version for a PC that has no internet connection.

Question being, is the license a file that I can put on a thumbstick with one of these betas and operate offline. But that was answered. Thanks.

Back