• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Freeze-up's/ slow response

RE: Freeze up's/ slow response

Well as luck would have it my motherboard only has one IDE channel available for use with optical drives (ASUS P5W DH Deluxe). I know that there are dual channel IDE PCI cards available for use with optical drives but I'm not familar with them and don't know that they'd help me. My goal is to be able to burn DVD's in multiple (actually 2) IDE optical drives at the same time using one instance of Clone DVD opened twice ( not sure if that makes much sense). There you have it ! My research goes on ............

Well as luck would have it my motherboard only has one IDE channel available for use with optical drives (ASUS P5W DH Deluxe).

Bummer :( I thought that might be the case due to the other one being labelled HDD.

My goal is to be able to burn DVD's in multiple (actually 2) IDE optical drives at the same time using one instance of Clone DVD opened twice ( not sure if that makes much sense).

I'd probably get a Sata burner then (assuming you can add another sata device) if I were you.

Re:

I'm going to look into a dual channel IDE PCI card first, don't know much about them, perhaps it'll solve my problem. SATA drive is most definately an option and I'm not counting that out by any means. Lots of questions to be answered, never ends ! LOL, Thx

I'm going to look into a dual channel IDE PCI card first, don't know much about them, perhaps it'll solve my problem.

It might, but I think I'd prefer a Sata burner than using up a PCI slot for that. It's your choice though.

Good luck!

Re:

Well ok, That would lead me to my next question. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using SATA burners with respect to the Clone DVD2 software? I'm allways open to suggestion and make no claims to fame regarding computer "know-how". Would it be better to simply use 2 SATA burners vs IDE burners , I simply don't know enough about them to even begin to comment.

Well ok, That would lead me to my next question. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using SATA burners with respect to the Clone DVD2 software?

The issue with Sata burners is getting them to work on 1) your motherboard (possibly compatibility issues; contact the burner company and Asus before you buy) and 2) Anydvd (possible compatibility issues).

But the same situation can also apply to the pci card you want to install.

Last edited:
Back