• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to NVIDIA Forceware 190.62] AnyDvd Autostart box

In case it could help... is a Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE but I think it does not matter is the interaction with the XP driver version 190.38. Maybe the developers can look into this.

anyway end station for me. Do not have much to gain in my case by the latest nvidia driver just updated as I was updating another machine (Vista) to be on the latest. So stay with the actual and be happy that way.

In case it could help... is a Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE but I think it does not matter

That shouldn't matter at all.

is the interaction with the XP driver version 190.38. Maybe the developers can look into this.

I doubt they would bother, since no one here can reproduce the problem. Again, that Nvidia driver works fine with Anydvd using XP SP3 on three separate computers.

You are using this driver, right? http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.38_whql.html

Would be pretty simple to just disable Norton, install the nvidia driver, and install Anydvd. Keep Norton disabled (needs to be disabled during throughout the reboot testing; if it's enabled automatically when Windows reboots, then you won't be able to test properly). See if the problem goes away. Then enable Norton, see if the problem manifests.

You need to at least ask yourself if the problem is the Nvidia driver, then why can't I reproduce the problem after rebooting 3 times on my g/f's computer? Why can't the other person I asked reproduce the problem on two separate systems?

I'll ask James what he thinks again, but he'll probably say it's the security software.

Last edited:
This is a startup clash, i've seen it a fair bit, usually it is associated with SpywareGuard, which can monitor the start up folders and protect them, however... it is not interfering with the startup in the way you might think, it simply causes some sort of clash that either stops things running or causes the tasktray to fail to display all of the icons, when i have seen this problem, and if the owner wants to keep the apps, i have installed something like startup organiser that allows you to specify the start sequence, and even place a small delay between apps starting if you want... this solves the problem every time.

So my bet is that something minor probably changed and there is a small clash happening at startup, did you cntl+alt+delete and check in task manager to actually see if it was running, just with the icon hidden ?

This is a startup clash, i've seen it a fair bit, usually it is associated with SpywareGuard

PC Tools Spyware Doctor is another possible culprit.

This kind of stuff is almost always security software related.

This kind of stuff is almost always security software related.

never a truer word said ! if it's not one thing with them it's another !

no it's not free, and it's called just that "startup organiser" from Meta Products, i dare say there might be a free thing similar around if you searched

I can't remember if there is a trial period on it that will allow you to evaluate it

I'm having the same problem and I also have updated to nVidia 190.38

I do not use any Norton products.

Have not tried rolling back to previous version.

I also have two other applications which are experiencing the same issue, one of them is Steam Client.

Very Strange

UPDATE

Managed to find previous version drivers 186.18. All I did was simply install them over my 190.38 drivers, the problem has gone, all applications now hold their autostart setting and autostart with each boot.

So maybe there is a problem with the nVidia Drivers. Where to now, are nVidia receptive with these matters?

Last edited:
Startup manager

I've just started using WinPatrol to delay the startup of a security program which started causing random bootup problems for one of my computers with the release of the latest version. WinPatrol is working very well so far. There is a free and a paid version. The free version is all you need to manage startups. There is information about startup managers here: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-startup-manager.htm

Have been over at the nVidia forums, apparently this is a known problem with the 190.38 drivers.

Should be addressed with the next release.

Good news about the nVidia drivers as I just installed the 190.38 driver last night (it had been sitting on my desktop and I had neglected to install it for a while now) and yes the AnyDVD taskbar icon disappeared and it is also gone in the msconfig startup menu. Windows XP Home SP3. I see a new driver was released yesterday.....anyone try it yet and does it correct the problem?

Last edited:
Maybe it's a synergistic. The NVIDIA drivers plus something else must be present before the problem rears its ugly head.

And to be honest DLD, for me anyway, its not that ugly......I just double click on my desktop AnyDVD icon and the fox is back in the taskbar. CloneCD was not affected btw.

Have been over at the nVidia forums, apparently this is a known problem with the 190.38 drivers.

Should be addressed with the next release.

New release nVidia 190.62 driver has solved AnyDvd autostart issue. Had the same AnyDvd autostart issue with nVdia 190.38 driver.:agree:

New release nVidia 190.62 driver has solved AnyDvd autostart issue. Had the same AnyDvd autostart issue with nVdia 190.38 driver.:agree:

Thanks for this information.

So, at this time, the solution to the problem is to either drop back to NVIDIA Forceware drivers below v190.38 or install v190.62.

I would appreciate the input of everyone having this issue as to whether updating to the 190.62 drivers resolve the problem for them. I suspect it will but I want to confirm that it works across the board.

Last edited:
I can confirm that installing 190.62 drivers does in fact resolve the autostart problem with AnyDVD and a couple of other applications I was experiencing this with.

Back