• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD takes forever to load

chaneyd

Anyone else have this problem? All of a sudden when I turn my pc on, AnyDVD takes forever to show up in the tray. Never did that before. Sometimes as long as 2min.

Thanks.

Only when I used to use Mail Washer Pro.

Removing that stopped the problem.

(I decided they were clashing in some way (both trying to get at the same area of memory)) ..?

Also this can happen if there is any discs in the drives.

Anyone else have this problem? All of a sudden when I turn my pc on, AnyDVD takes forever to show up in the tray. Never did that before. Sometimes as long as 2min.

Thanks.

A heavily fragmented drive can result in software starting up on boot. I'd recommend seeing if the drive needs to be defragmented. Some general maintenance to try and not have too many items start up at boot is also useful for faster boot times in terms of access to the desktop and doing things without waiting for everything to load.

Could you please post log files with a DVD?

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put a DVD in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Only when I used to use Mail Washer Pro.

Removing that stopped the problem.

(I decided they were clashing in some way (both trying to get at the same area of memory)) ..?

I've been using MailWasher Pro for years and I've run AnyDVD for years. I've had no issues.

Drive does not need fragmenting. Checked it. This has been going on for the past two weeks and have been using this program several years now. Nothing new has been added.

Drive does not need fragmenting.

No drive needs fragmenting. Fragmenting is bad. Defragmenting is good.

Checked it.

Using what? What percentage of your drive is fragmented?

This has been going on for the past two weeks and have been using this program several years now. Nothing new has been added.

I've probably been using the program for a longer period of time; I change things every day; most of us do not have problems.

Until you start providing requested information and following instructions, I doubt your issue is ever going to be resolved. Also ensure that you're using the latest beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=213643&postcount=1

Last edited:
Your posting is quite antangonistic isn't it?

What do you mean 'what percentage of my drive is fragmented?' All of it, 100%. Do it weekly. When I say I have changed nothing, I mean exactly that! My system is setup the way I need and nothing more. No shareware, bs programs, nothing. I have the beta version now (6.5.7.6 beta) and that has changed nothing. Still does it. Change your attitude, just asking for help.

No. My posting is not antagonistic.

What do you mean 'what percentage of my drive is fragmented?' All of it, 100%. Do it weekly.

You may wish to look up what "fragmented" means. You mean the opposite of what you are stating.

When I say I have changed nothing, I mean exactly that!

Rather meaningless as drives can become fragmented from daily use . . .
And if nothing has changed that means you're probably missing out on some OS security updates.

Change your attitude.

Welcome to my "do not help list".

By the way . . .

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

I would advise you not to order moderators nor anyone else around here.
:policeman:

Perhaps Drinklyeanddie will have more patience with you, but considering that he asked politely--and you still haven't provided a log file, I doubt it.

Last edited:

What do you mean 'what percentage of my drive is fragmented?' All of it, 100%. Do it weekly. When I say I have changed nothing, I mean exactly that! My system is setup the way I need and nothing more. No shareware, bs programs, nothing. I have the beta version now (6.5.7.6 beta) and that has changed nothing. Still does it. Change your attitude, just asking for help.

I did politely ask you to post log files. I see no files posted. Given what little we currently know there is nothing anyone can say to resolve your problem.

Back