• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD50 to BD25 gb

Rico

Hi Guys,
Any simple way to shrink a BD-50gb movie onto a BD25 gb disc?

I tried ripping an image or iso file to hdd using anydvdhd. Then thought I could use 'Clown_BD' but the iso file was not seen. Plus not really sure how to use Clown. Help!

Thanks in advance
Rico

Rip to Harddisk

Rip to Harddisk, Then use Clown. There are lots of posts on this site to help you out.

Hi Guys,

Thanks! A few dumb questions:

See picture #1 - eac3to & tsmuxr are at there defaul locatoions from install?

img burn 'is not ticked. This results in? Whatg type of file?

See picture #2 - The movie location is C:\michael\Disturbia

Where is the output going??

See picture #3

1st pass tree 1 vs 2 which is the movie Disturbia, are both trees needed?

See picture #4

2nd pass Does "Video (ticked) = the movie Disturbia? Will there be multiple entries here in other movies, & how would you distinguish what you need for playback?

Audio (ticked) 5.1 = OK

Are the rest of the (tick) marks un-necessary & can be unticked, for playback?

Finally where is the movie (C:\?????) & would I then use 'img burn' to burn to bd disc??? Does the size of the iso file represent actual size needed for disc???
_________

Note: I did try anydvdhd rip image, which showed less than 25 gb in its folder, but when using DVDnext copy's burn image, said the less than 20 gb iso file was 38.4 gb, hence another coaster.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 17
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 9
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 5
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 9
See picture #1 - eac3to & tsmuxr are at there defaul locatoions from install?

It's wherever you installed it.

img burn 'is not ticked. This results in? Whatg type of file?

Since you don't have ImgBurn, the results will be placed in your ReMux location.

Output formats: TS, M2TS, Blu-ray, Blu-ray+ISO

See picture #2 - The movie location is C:\michael\Disturbia

Where is the output going??

d:\temp_mux\disturbia

See picture #3

1st pass tree 1 vs 2 which is the movie Disturbia, are both trees needed?

The first one (larger time stamp and multiple languages) is the movie and the 2nd one is probably some extras.

See picture #4

2nd pass Does "Video (ticked) = the movie Disturbia? Will there be multiple entries here in other movies, & how would you distinguish what you need for playback?

Audio (ticked) 5.1 = OK

Are the rest of the (tick) marks un-necessary & can be unticked, for playback?

Looking at your image, I would recommend clicking on the chapters as well.

It's going to grab the TrueHD/AC3 audio and a bunch of English subs.

Finally where is the movie (C:\?????) & would I then use 'img burn' to burn to bd disc??? Does the size of the iso file represent actual size needed for disc???

Ouput will be in your d:\temp_mux\disturbia

From your c4.jpg file, you clicked on TS. Is that what you wanted?

_________

Note: I did try anydvdhd rip image, which showed less than 25 gb in its folder, but when using DVDnext copy's burn image, said the less than 20 gb iso file was 38.4 gb, hence another coaster.

ImgBurn will tell you if your .iso is larger than BD-25.

Thanks Hoju! Great post:bowdown:

Now I need to digest this, thanks again!
Rico

Hi,

25gb = 26214400 kb.

I used Clown65 to + AnyDVDHD & got "American History X" down to a 27951744 kb iso file.

Question what's the "videi_2.vc1" file, this file is where the iso, & was made by clown, it's 23 gb, can this be used to burn to the 25 gb disc?

Clown goes through 3 phases. I'm having trouble identifying, what can be "Unticked" so as to fit on 25 gb disc.

I believe at pass 2 I saw, had the choice to tick/untick items:

"chapters", is this necessary?

On the left side just below "chapters" 5.1 channel was ticked, but why on the right is another smaller window titled "audio" where ticking & unticking can happen. Are both audios required?

clown logs pass 1,2, 3

1) 00000.mpls, 00000.m2ts, 1:58:53
- Chapters, 33 chapters
- VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
- AC3, English, multi-channel, 48khz
- TrueHD, English, multi-channel, 48khz

M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, 1:58:53, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 33 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
(embedded: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB)
5: Subtitle (PGS), English
6: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish

M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 2 subtitle tracks, 1:58:53, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 33 chapters
2: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
(embedded: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB)
5: Subtitle (PGS), English
6: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
Creating file "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Chapters_1.txt"...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[v02] Extracting video track number 2...
[a04] Extracting audio track number 4...
[a04] Removing AC3 dialog normalization...
[a04] Removing TrueHD dialog normalization...
[v02] Creating file "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Video_2.vc1"...
[a04] Creating file "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Audio_4_English.THD+AC3"...
[a03] Creating file "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\Audio_3_English.AC3"...
Video track 2 contains 171031 frames.
eac3to processing took 30 minutes, 17 seconds.
Done.

Note I would just like to get the movie & 5.1 sound on the 25 gb disc. Extras, previews, subtitles, etc all are not needed

Thanks
Rico

25GB=23.31GiB, you have to remember that disc manufacturers use GB not GiB so you only get 23.31GiB on a disc.
Just tick the audio tracks you want to keep, but remember to test it before burning to disc. The VC-1 files are just work files, you just want the ISO file. If it still doesn't fit on the disc then try using BD rebuilder to re-encode it to fit a SL BD-r

Last edited:
In my opinion, the easiest and best method is to make a backup with ANYDVD (rip to hardisk, not the ISO option) and then shrink with BD rebuilder. It's a great little program and I can't say enough good things about it. It's still in beta form but I've only had trouble with one disc. Slysoft makes a great product, and I know without question that when CloneBlu comes out it will be no different then the other wonderful products. But until that day, check out BD Rebuilder.

In my opinion, the easiest and best method is to make a backup with ANYDVD (rip to hardisk, not the ISO option)

Why that? You can use BD rebuilder from the original disc, or a mounted iso.

I Do Also

I also like to rip to harddisk. No problems with ISO. I just like it better. Others might not. I can make a ISO file anytime I like. If its not broke why fix it. Clown works well with those files. Again, this is what I like.

I also like ripping to hard disk in BDMV folder format instead of an ISO image.

Why?

There are more software programs going forward that require loading the BDMV folder into them instead of the ISO image. AND with the protections removed and on the hard drive you can build ANYWAY you want to.

If you are just looking to take a source Blu-ray disk BD-R dual layer (50gb) and take the movie only or anything else off the disk over 25gb to put on a BD-R single layer (25gb) disk with compression this is one of the most popular methods.

AnyDVD HD (rip to hard disk)
BD rebuilder
Imgburn
:agree:

Why that? You can use BD rebuilder from the original disc, or a mounted iso.

You can, but I find that the job goes much faster with the "Rip to Disk" method.

On a side note, BD Rebuilder no longer works for me. I just installed the latest copy of Windows 7 (7600) and the program stops working. After each attept of Muxing a file I get this error: - This is not an EBML file (id=0/440786851

Looks like I will have to wait for CloneBD, which I'm doing anyway.

So now it looks like I'm asking this question myself. Unless I can get around this problem, what would be the best way to shrink a 50 to 25?

I think I tried Clown once but I had NO IDEA what I was doing. I'm either not smart enough, or that much of a noob.

Last edited:
Clown BD only removes extra tracks, it doesn't re-encode, also there's a full guide at the beginning of the thread for it on here.
If you can't use BD re-builder to shrink it then at the moment there's not really any other decent way of doing it (I don't think ripbot makes Blu-ray, but I could be wrong)

After BD Rebuilder

In my opinion, the easiest and best method is to make a backup with ANYDVD (rip to hardisk, not the ISO option) and then shrink with BD rebuilder. It's a great little program and I can't say enough good things about it. It's still in beta form but I've only had trouble with one disc. Slysoft makes a great product, and I know without question that when CloneBlu comes out it will be no different then the other wonderful products. But until that day, check out BD Rebuilder.

What do you do after you have run BD Rebuilder and produced what type of file? Also where is the best place to get BD Rebuilder? Thanks for you reply in advance!

Last edited:
Back