• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone DVD 2 Locking up, been doing it since all the XP updates

JixxerP

Clone DVD 2 Locking up

I'm having a constant problem with clone dvd 2 locking up. When it does, it locks out my dvd drives as well. I've only encountered this problem in the past 3 weeks or so... not sure if it started from the last anydvd update or not. But it does trash the discs when it locks up. If I can eventually get it to stop, then it tells me it has bad media... but 37 discs out of a 50 pack is not common I wouldn't think. Just in case, I bought a different brand of discs (burned on both manufacturers in the past w/ no problems) and it is still doing the same thing. I have already downloaded Clone again, but still having the same problem. Doesn't happen on EVERY burn, but close to it. Any ideas?

Other than that, excellent program... been using it for well over 2 years. 8)

I apologize, I didn't mean it locks up.... meant it shuts the program down completely asking for me to send the information to Microsoft every time. I wasn't sure if it had something to do with Windows itself or if it was something that they changed and CloneDVD wasn't agreeing with the change.

Last edited:
still locking up, here is logfile

It's still constantly locking up.... every time it stops at 3% on the burn process. this has happened on over 40 discs... using 2 different burners, a 16x samsung, and a 20x pioneer. 2 different types of DVD-R discs, one made by sony, the other by memorex. Both types of discs are 16x write discs. I'm just trying to back up my DVD's so the lil one doesn't destroy the originals. lol

Logfile: View attachment AnyDVD_Info_E_REINDEER_GAMES.zip

Copy of CloneDVD Log:View attachment clone.zip

Another Question, if I were to uninstall CloneDVD... would I have to buy another Key or would it even get deleted with the uninstall.

Another Question, if I were to uninstall CloneDVD... would I have to buy another Key

No. And you should backup your license key files and keep them off your computer

one made by sony

Typically o.k. (if not made in Malaysia)

the other by memorex

Horrible. Avoid. If you use junk, you should expect problems

Follow the steps in the order that they are listed in:

1. This is what you should be using:

DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere . . . I'm not sure if these are being made anymore),
Verbatim Datalife Plus (avoid Ritek made Verbatims; these might be fakes), and Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline, not Trublu) 8x

DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (preferably not India) and MAM-A 8x

If you're in the U.S., Verbatim Datalife Plus can be found at www.newegg.com

Taiyo Yuden can be found at www.supermediastore.com

TSSTCORP CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB01

Your drive's firmware is severely outdated

2. Update your drive's firmware: click
http://www.samsungodd.com/Eng/Firmw...ELSEARCH&PageNumber=1&product_code=SDR&os_no=

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

This is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions. This filter can cause conflicts with Slysoft software

i) Create a backup of your registry: click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "afc". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

I 11:19:25 Writer: PIONEER DVR-113NP (rev. 1.01)
I 11:19:25 Speed: maximum

5. Don't burn at "maximum" in Clonedvd. Use an 8x burn speed

6. If those steps, still don't work for you, try http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=145424&postcount=1

most of the time I try to use Clone, it seems to shut itself down. It started occurring when windows started making near DAILY updates for WindowsXP. I might be able to make a copy, but if i hit restart, it closes down and wants me to send all of the information back to microsoft. Alot of the times it will do it on first open. Not on the beginning screen, but at the screen that you select the drive in which you wish Clone to copy from. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this same problem, but I've been waiting for maybe an update to Clone or something. Or is it possible that my copy has become corrupt? I've already cleaned the registry, and scanned / defragged the computer and the same problem persists.

most of the time I try to use Clone, it seems to shut itself down. It started occurring when windows started making near DAILY updates for WindowsXP. I might be able to make a copy, but if i hit restart, it closes down and wants me to send all of the information back to microsoft. Alot of the times it will do it on first open. Not on the beginning screen, but at the screen that you select the drive in which you wish Clone to copy from. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this same problem, but I've been waiting for maybe an update to Clone or something. Or is it possible that my copy has become corrupt? I've already cleaned the registry, and scanned / defragged the computer and the same problem persists.

ur talking about making ur first copy and then making same movie with ur copy?

Last edited:
Time to step back and then up

Considering the hundreds of thousands of CloneDVD2 users w/ XP your scenario is most unique.
I'd try this:

Shutdown, reboot and press F8 to get to "safe" mode.
Totally de-install CloneDVD2 and then reboot normally.
Get a fresh setup from the download page at slysoft.com, install, reboot and register with your key file. If you need that again, look here:

https://secure.slysoft.com/lostkey.php

and then check ALL your mail folders.

You will receive a license mail with the key files, instructions you
need to download, install and register.

Then let's see. Something on your machine is interfering with cloneDVD in an evil way.

Back