• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDFAB is trying to outpace AnyDVD HD!

S

SLOVEHEART

Just a quick note, even though DVDFAB STILL doesn't support BD+, Fengtao states that his last beta (6036) has 'partial' MKB v14 support - as he put it.
I sure hope this new curve ball will be dealt with in due time, as usual...
I'm pleased the BD+ support now covers 12 rounds (USA) and street fighter: legend of chun-li(USA) - two b movies IMO - but the new BD+ is solved - great!:agree:

DVDfab discussion does not belong in the Anydvd HD forum. Additionally, click the link in my signature, and read #4 fully.

As for dvdfab trying to outpace Anydvd HD, *yawn* at dvdfab decrypting the MKB 14 Blu-ray disc for the time being that Anydvd HD can't. Maybe when dvdfab can handle the, literally, hundreds of BD+ discs that dvdfab currently can't handle in addition to being able to decrypt on the fly without forcing me to rip first, then maybe I'll think twice.

Last edited:
DVDfab discussion does not belong in the Anydvd HD forum. Click the link in my signature, and read #4 fully.

Sorry - should have found a better place...

As for dvdfab trying to outpace Anydvd HD, *yawn*
:D
at dvdfab decrypting the MKB 14 Blu-ray disc for the time being that Anydvd HD can't. Maybe when dvdfab can handle the, literally, hundreds of BD+ discs that dvdfab can't handle in addition to being able to decrypt on the fly without forcing me to rip first, then maybe I'll think twice.

It was meant as a joke;)- obviously DvdFab is not even a BD contender yet, and from the snails pace it has been developing at - it will probably be some time...

and why did DvDFab start selling BLU RAY licences ($84) when it is useless - nice move - made me switch to ANYDVDHD for good, and the ripping of dvd's works better w/ANYDVDHD to boot, and looking back, there were constant issues w/DvDFab...Not to sound too bias, but right is right...

thanks SlySoft - et al...:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick note, even though DVDFAB STILL doesn't support BD+, Fengtao states that his last beta (6036) has 'partial' MKB v14 support - as he put it.
I sure hope this new curve ball will be dealt with in due time, as usual...
I'm pleased the BD+ support now covers 12 rounds (USA) and street fighter: legend of chun-li(USA) - two b movies IMO - but the new BD+ is solved - great!:agree:

AnyDVD HD has lead the charge with handling the previous MKBs and is the only software product to effectively and consistently handle BD+. At present all of 4 discs make use of MKB 14 and only 2 of them are in official circulation in regard to their release date. AnyDVD HD handles essentially every single AACS MKB disc minus those 4 plus nearly every single BD+ release and when a BD+ is found that is problematic then it is quickly resolved.

DVDFab might be attempting to out pace Slysoft but isn't even close. Slysoft is most definitely not resting on its laurels and is lightyears ahead.

AnyDVD HD has lead the charge with handling the previous MKBs and is the only software product to effectively and consistently handle BD+. At present all of 4 discs make use of MKB 14 and only 2 of them are in official circulation in regard to their release date. AnyDVD HD handles essentially every single AACS MKB disc minus those 4 plus nearly every single BD+ release and when a BD+ is found that is problematic then it is quickly resolved.

DVDFab might be attempting to out pace Slysoft but isn't even close. Slysoft is most definitely not resting on its laurels and is lightyears ahead.

see http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=210293&postcount=3. I say no more! You be right...8)

AnyDVD w. MKB14 coming up

Relax, people, AnyDVD's MKB14 support is coming up. Expect a beta today or tomorrow, we will have to make some adjustments to our servers, first.

We had to handle BD+ first, simply because way more discs with that are out that ones with MKB14.
Now that BD+ is in check again, we had the time to handle MKB14.

Thanks for your patience.

A few other not so nice things about DVDFAB

1. DVDFAB download size 12.1 mb, ANYDVD HD download size 4.67mb dial up connections don't like large download programs.

2. Ever try to do a CLEAN INSTALL of DVDFAB? It takes three registry cleaners to find all the hidden remains of DVDFAB and then still have to do manual removal with REGEDIT command. Here are a few examples where DVDFAB hides after you have removed the program.

PCouffin burn engine and drivers
VSO folders
C\documents and settings\application data (hidden folders activated)
prefetch folder
PCSETUP folder
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

:agree:

DVDFAB is a long way off from number one ANYDVD HD

dvdfab??? does it really work at all???

Relax, people, AnyDVD's MKB14 support is coming up. Expect a beta today or tomorrow, we will have to make some adjustments to our servers, first.

We had to handle BD+ first, simply because way more discs with that are out that ones with MKB14.
Now that BD+ is in check again, we had the time to handle MKB14.

Thanks for your patience.

I think I can speak for many others when I say we are relaxed! Slysoft has always (in my short experience) been on the ball...:agree:

A few other not so nice things about DVDFAB

1. DVDFAB download size 12.1 mb, ANYDVD HD download size 4.67mb dial up connections don't like large download programs.

2. Ever try to do a CLEAN INSTALL of DVDFAB? It takes three registry cleaners to find all the hidden remains of DVDFAB and then still have to do manual removal with REGEDIT command. Here are a few examples where DVDFAB hides after you have removed the program.

PCouffin burn engine and drivers
VSO folders
C\documents and settings\application data (hidden folders activated)
prefetch folder
PCSETUP folder
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry

DVDFAB is a long way off from number one ANYDVD HD

true true true, and then there are the constant problems dvdfab always seems to have, the layer breaks are not placed like the way IMGBURN does, (that is not a ANYDVDHD item), and other irritations, like discs that skip, stutter, or hang or just will not play (I am refering to dvd's here) - the BD section of dvdfab is useless - not even worth mentioning at this point, I just thought it funny that he tried to incorperate MKB v14 support (in part only) before he dealt with his lack of bd+ support - I think he is lost in his BD development, he is way past his projected timeline. Also in his supposed lineup is BD50 to BD25 reduction - I wonder how that will work out considering BD rebuilder is still in beta after quite sometime and requires several other tools / steps in order to pull it off...???

I think I can speak for many others when I say we are relaxed! Slysoft has always (in my short experience) been on the ball...:agree:

true true true, and then there are the constant problems dvdfab always seems to have, the layer breaks are not placed like the way IMGBURN does, (that is not a ANYDVDHD item), and other irritations, like discs that skip, stutter, or hang or just will not play (I am refering to dvd's here) - the BD section of dvdfab is useless - not even worth mentioning at this point, I just thought it funny that he tried to incorperate MKB v14 support (in part only) before he dealt with his lack of bd+ support - I think he is lost in his BD development, he is way past his projected timeline. Also in his supposed lineup is BD50 to BD25 reduction - I wonder how that will work out considering BD rebuilder is still in beta after quite sometime and requires several other tools / steps in order to pull it off...???

I will say this. I have never used a BD50 to BD25 program before until BD rebuilder, and I really it. It may have a bug from time to time and take a really long time to encode but it's easy to use and straight forward. Would you recommend a better program?

Not complaining about BD rebuilder...

I will say this. I have never used a BD50 to BD25 program before until BD rebuilder, and I really it. It may have a bug from time to time and take a really long time to encode but it's easy to use and straight forward. Would you recommend a better program?

No - not at all!! My point was how is DVDFAB going to pull off this BD50 to BD25 when BD rebuiler + other tools and allot of processsing is required to do this? I do not think Fengtao is going to be able to do a majical leap and incorperate a complex task into DVDFAB with good reasults...If you look at the CDFreaks forum for dvdfab he mentions in a couple of places that he intended to have this feature in 8 to 12 weeks - that was 6 or 8 weeks ago, he still doesn't have BD+ support yet...

I wasn't ragging on BD rebuilder at all - but it is still beta; someone (Jobbs) still thinks it needs some more work before calling it a complete success, I have read about a trouble here or there. Also I have had and my friends too - good luck with it. It doesn't play on Pana standalones without disabling 24p function...:)

I find it depends on what setting you use on BD Rebuilder. I've been looking at the 'encode to BD25' option which seems to do a fairly good job and is faster than realtime on a 2.6 i7 system. In fact I can get it to encode 2 films at the same time and they still encode faster than realtime

Yes, maybe currently the best to use right now, as a high definition downsize encoder to 25gb, but you can be sure I will be going with the future Slysoft CloneBD over BD rebuilder when it is released from Slysoft.

I just don't care for JDOBBS software programs standard definition and high definition and the way he engineers and designs them, from my viewpoint some of his options in his software programs are useless, not user friendly, and extremely buggy even if it is a beta version.

Actually, I have to say that I don't mind DVD Rebuilder. I feel it's a decent program. And at least Jdobbs doesn't steal code.

problems w/ BD rebuilder

I just tried BD Rebuilder, I first tried to encode down to a dvd9 size - it was unsupported in my Panasonic BD80 standalone player - even with 24p off. Next I tried to encode down to BD25 - that worked, but there is green lettering on the upper lefthand side of the picture, making it useless to watch and enjoy...:(

I've only ever taken it down to BD25, but so far have written well over 100 disc using it with no issues

Back