• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WebSlinger - PXhelp20 Reappeared! - burn issues, again...HELP! please....

I am using only SS software - AnyDVD 6.5.5.9

I've asked you about three times to update. Do so: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=207170&postcount=1

I have been using Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.2

Again, not the latest version: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=207172&postcount=1

Dr. Bronner's (not completing the burn - errorring out at 50-60% complete).

Not useful information (I need the full error message)

Again, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29302, and go through the steps, step by step, providing me with all the information that I requested

Last edited:
@lmc,

Also run chkdisk on your hard drive, please.

http://www.windows-help-central.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html

a) Click the start button
b) Right-click "My Computer" and select "Explore"
c) Right-click the disk you want to check and select "Properties"
d) In the properties dialog click the tab "Tools"
e) Click "check now"
f) The "checking disk" dialog appears, check both options and click start
g) You will probably see a message that chkdsk wants exclusive access to the disk and therefore wants to begin first thing after you restart your computer. Accept by clicking ok.
h) Restart your computer

1.I have upgraded to the version of AnyDVD that was in the "sandbox" (I was unaware of this release - why isn't it on the main page? I didn't receive an email message about this new version...)

2. I have created a back-up of my registry and deleted that item in IMGBurn.

3. The underside of the Dr. Bronner disc is the normal/typical silver color.

4. There were a laundry list of things to do on the page link that you supplied - which one will assist me in getting "media codes"?

4A. Also, which media codes do you want - the codes on the dvd Dr. Bronner or are there codes on my blank media that you are interested in.

4C. On this page, please clarigy if you want me to do anything else (other than update to the new version of AnyDVD and get media codes) that is listed.

5. The second attachment (above) is the log files from AnyDVD after reading Dr. Bronner.

6. Since one of the "to do" items on the page that you linked me to was to create a log file of a problematic DVD, I did create new files and am attaching both to this note.

"Info F" will be the information from my Virtual CloneDrive.
"Infor G" is information from my dvd-rom drive.

I am going to reboot now and will be back online shortly.

Thank you for your assistance, lmc

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.6.4_Info_F_BRONNER_MSB.zip
    138.7 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_6.5.6.4_Info_G_BRONNER_MSB.zip
    145.9 KB · Views: 1
1.I have upgraded to the version of AnyDVD that was in the "sandbox" (I was unaware of this release - why isn't it on the main page? I didn't receive an email message about this new version...)

The latest beta releases are never on the main page and not listed on the website. You must visit the forums.

I have created a back-up of my registry and deleted that item in IMGBurn.

good

The underside of the Dr. Bronner disc is the normal/typical silver color.

ok

There were a laundry list of things to do on the page link that you supplied - which one will assist me in getting "media codes"?

As listed, either program will work fine: click http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Also, which media codes do you want - the codes on the dvd Dr. Bronner or are there codes on my blank media that you are interested in.

Media codes apply to blank discs

On this page, please clarigy if you want me to do anything else (other than update to the new version of AnyDVD and get media codes) that is listed.

I want you to provide Clonedvd .zip log files

follow-up

Ticket now in support.
Plan: revisit the things you did not do as requested.

The Haunting In Connecticut backup fails

Can't get through the first stage of backup - fails each time during various sections of the first process - but, predominantly it fails once the files are backed up on my HD and it is time build the .iso file and shrink (the second bar on the Clone DVD program on the processing screen - last screen).

All other back-ups that I am creating are completing w/o issue and playback perfectly - just problems with this title.

What information can I post so that we can figure out what is happening?

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
lmc

Last edited:
Attached are a log file for the AnyDVD scan of "Haunting..." and a word doc that shows the error that appears.

Should I attempt to rip it to my harddrive using AnyDVD, also - rather than CloneDVD?
lmc

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.6.4_Info_G_Haunting_in_Connecticut_Unrated.zip
    370 KB · Views: 13
Attached are a log file for the AnyDVD scan of "Haunting..." and a word doc that shows the error that appears.

Should I attempt to rip it to my harddrive using AnyDVD, also - rather than CloneDVD?
lmc

I'm not seeing this word document you mention.

We want the Clonedvd log file.

I'll reattach the MS Word doc that has the image of the error message and I think that this has the message that you are looking for.
lmc

ps - also, I did try the rip it to hd drive using AnyDVD - so I have a file on my HD that I cannot shrink and convert to .iso because, while, during the 3rd of the process (using shrink), it completely shuts my computer DOWN! No, my computer is not overheating - even using a chill mat.
I am going to attempt to figure out how to shrink and create a file using SlySoft products - CloneDVD.
Since I've never did this before - starting with an already ripped file that needs to be shrunk and converted to an .iso file - it will be a new experience.
If you have a moment, Slinger, maybe you could brief me on how to do this...
Thanks for your help, WS.

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'll reattach the MS Word doc that has the image of the error message and I think that this has the message that you are looking for.
lmc

ps - also, I did try the rip it to hd drive using AnyDVD - so I have a file on my HD that I cannot shrink and convert to .iso because, while, during the 3rd of the process (using shrink), it completely shuts my computer DOWN! No, my computer is not overheating - even using a chill mat.
I am going to attempt to figure out how to shrink and create a file using SlySoft products - CloneDVD.
Since I've never did this before - starting with an already ripped file that needs to be shrunk and converted to an .iso file - it will be a new experience.
If you have a moment, Slinger, maybe you could brief me on how to do this...
Thanks for your help, WS.

Sorry, I can't read it, it is too small. No need for screen shots, just copy & paste the error message from the details box.

EDIT: Or zip & post the CloneDVD logfile, if possible.

Attached are both an image on Word and a log file from CloneDVD on Notepad.
Could you try to change the size of the image in the word file by changing the "Zoom" or magnification in the list of menu items at the top of the document page - switching it from 100% to 300% will help.
lmc

Attachments

• Haunting2.zip
    427 KB · Views: 3
  • Haunting.zip
    125.9 KB · Views: 4
D joliet: 0imageFile: h:/<Haunting_in_Connecticut_Unrated.iso
E 15:39:58 Image writing stopped: h:/<Haunting_in_Connecticut_Unrated.iso: unable to open file
D Error details: File 0 h:/<Haunting_in_Connecticut_Unrated.iso 123 IW2

Remove the less than sign before the image filename

In the future when posting screenshots please hit the Print Screen (Prt Scr) key and then open Microsoft Paint and within Paint's UI press Ctrl-V to paste the image into it. Save the file as a .JPG and post the image file. Some people don't have software to read Word document files and I won't even open them. I read the error message in your CloneDVD logs.

Last edited:
it completely shuts my computer DOWN! No, my computer is not overheating - even using a chill mat.

That still doesn't rule out a potential hardware issue, and the need to have power supplies and fans checked.

I am going to attempt to figure out how to shrink and create a file using SlySoft products - CloneDVD

You just need to select "dvd-5" in Clonedvd to produce output for a single layer disc.

Instead of using the source drive letter, you just specify the ripped folder location as the source. If you want to learn how to use Clonedvd properly, then visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

File 0 = unable to open file (by the way)

In addition to what Drinklyeanddie wrote, I do hope you actually have a drive letter "h".

Last edited:
Resolution to Dr. Bronners, etal

I believe that there was several different things that resolved the Dr. Bronner's Magical Soapbox backup issue.
one: removing "PxHelp20"
two: doing a "disc cleanup" on my drive

Although I am thorough about defragmenting and the using an erase tool (on the unused space) after defragmenting my drives, it appears that the "disc cleanup" found issue, specifically, with file(s) "Dr. Bronners" so it repaired the problem files.

I am still somewhat confused about the removal of "PxHelp20" which I found by installing Imgburn and using the tools available on the software.

How am I to know to do this in the future? What possible instances could cause another version of this to be downloaded? How did "PxHelp20" appear and where does it come from?

Also, Webslinger mentioned that something was "a mess" or "messy" (or something to that effect) after looking at one of my attachments - how can I either avoid or cleanup this problem in the future?

When Frank was replying, there was some discussion about the method that I use to create my backup files - is there another way to do this? I have always used AnyDVD running in the background while using CloneDVD to create and shrink the files and then burn the .iso file onto the blank media.

Additionally, there was a question about my media: I stopped using Verbatim because of losing nearly a dozen blanks in each of the last two spindles that I bought from a legitimate computer store (not BB, either :D ) - so the only media that I use now is either Sony or Philips (prefer sony, though).

I do not preset the burn speed, but have my software set to allow it to choose the speed that is best suited - which it seems to typically be at 8X.

Although I am still a bit confused, fuzzy, on certain things that were asked of me during this problem - I am sure, as time passes and different problems crop up, that I will eventually fully understand what support staff is requesting of me.

Thank you for your patience and help,
lmc

Sorry, I can't read it, it is too small. No need for screen shots, just copy & paste the error message from the details box.

Couldn't copy and paste the log screen or the error message in the pop-up box (hence the attachments) - being able to highlight and copy these two "things" would be a nifty improvement if it is possible to do such a thing when writing the software...

lmc

resolution to backing up "Haunting"

Before I read the forum response mention removal of the "<" - I did remove this character and it WORKED! Thank you for catching this issue regardless.
So, the backup worked and it is a clean backup when I watch it and several other backups using Virtual Clone.

But, I am having problems with the burning of the files onto the blank media -literally all backups burn with stuttering and halting.

I cannot narrow down the problem - is it the drive or do I have some sort of code that is interfering with the back process (like the one that Webslinger assisted me with removing on 10 July 2009 using Imgburn to locate it).

Since this is a different problem, not specific to this particular movie title, I will post it seperately.

Thank you for catching this issue,
lmc

Back