• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD 2.9.2.4 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
This beta version is intended *only* for SlySoft customers.
There is no trial period. It can only be used with licenses purchased online.

This is beta software, intended for experienced users. Have fun testing!
Feedback is welcome. Thank you.

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2924.exe

Version 2.9.2.4 2003 07 16
- New: Increased performance of the transcoder
- New: Improved handling of layer break position
- New: Creates .dvd files for correct layer break handling
with Virtual CloneDrive and CloneCD
- New: Parses .dvd files for correct layer break position
when writing to dual layer media
- New: Show warning, if a single layer image file is about to be
written to dual layer media
- Some minor changes and improvements

Last edited:
Clone DVD2 Version problems

Since latest update to Clone DVD2, program is not working, it freezes it. Did not have problem with previous versions. WHAT CAN I DO?

Using this beta version 2.9.2.3, when I go to burn existing data using a dvd+rw it asks to overwrite then it says it recognizes a dual layer disc and that the image can be mounted on a single layer (continue or cancel). I guess thats a bug.
________
Trx850

Last edited:
Using this beta version, when I go to burn existing data using a dvd+rw it asks to overwrite then it says it recognizes a dual layer disc and that the image can be mounted on a single layer (continue or cancel). I guess thats a bug.

I guess you're right. :eek:
Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks!
But why is there no trial period anymore?
Just curios...

Thanks!
But why is there no trial period anymore?
Just curios...

Elaborate Bytes appears to have decided to change the way beta releases are handled with AnyDVD. I am sure there are a number of reasons behind the decision beyond some that may be more obvious. CloneDVD requires far less updates than AnyDVD, as well. Not allowing unregistered users to use beta releases is definitely an incentive to purchase a license.

Using this beta version, when I go to burn existing data using a dvd+rw it asks to overwrite then it says it recognizes a dual layer disc and that the image can be mounted on a single layer (continue or cancel). I guess thats a bug.

Please try CloneDVD 2.9.2.4, this should fix this problem.

2923 bug

""""Using this beta version 2.9.2.3, when I go to burn existing data using a dvd+rw it asks to overwrite then it says it recognizes a dual layer disc and that the image can be mounted on a single layer (continue or cancel). I guess thats a bug."""

Works fine now with the new 2924

Thanks James

Just a question: I am a long time user of CloneDVD2, in fact I bought it from Elby before Slysoft started selling it. Will I be able to download the beta versions without Slysoft asking for money? Of course I am an Anydvd paid customer too.

Just a question: I am a long time user of CloneDVD2, in fact I bought it from Elby before Slysoft started selling it. Will I be able to download the beta versions without Slysoft asking for money? Of course I am an Anydvd paid customer too.

My interpretation of the notice about having to be a Slysoft customer is that you have to be a registered user as you have to be a registered AnyDVD user to make use of beta releases. Elaborate Bytes is the CloneDVD developer.

If you bought a license online, it should work. As I understood it, it will not work with retail box licenses.

SUGGESTION. Could you please alter the scroll bar (bottom and right) to fit correctly in CloneDVD2 - its too thin on the right hand side and the scroll bar on the bottom is too thin as well. Im running 1680x1024 resolution. I have attached a JPG with the issue marked in green. Also could you please correct the "temporary directory for video files" directory format to have the backslash "\" not forward slash "/" after the drive letter - e.g. C:\ not C:/ - Jpg file attached for this as well.

Other than this it works well.

Attachments

• clonedv2bars.jpg
    clonedv2bars.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 36
  • clonedvd2folder.jpg
    clonedvd2folder.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 25
Version 2.9.2.4 2003 07 16
- New: Improved handling of layer break position

I'm interested in the new feature and tested.

It seems to create the layer-break position in the first boundary of cells which is over half of total size.
It seems to add new description of layer-break and delete old one in IFO file.

There found some problem.
(1)I think it had better to respect the original description of of layer-break.
because original is considered that the pause of layer-break is not noticed.
New layer-break may have the pause at unwilling timing.
(2)I think it should be fixed that layer-break is between tiny interleaved cells of multi-angle.
It is perhaps illegal.
Below is a example. Layer-break=1934320 is middle of the cell (V/C-ID=92/1).

Regards.

Last edited:
Below is a example. Layer-break=1934320 is middle of the cell (V/C-ID=92/1).

Regards.

No, CloneDVD should (will?) never place the layer break in the middle of a cell. I believe you must take the offsets into account (start of video_ts.ifo, offset start of ts, offset to start of video)

No, CloneDVD should (will?) never place the layer break in the middle of a cell. I believe you must take the offsets into account (start of video_ts.ifo, offset start of ts, offset to start of video)

Sorry I mis-read the description of IfoEdit in figure.
Layer-break position is between the cell(V/C-ID=91/1) and the cell(V/C-ID=92/1) as you say.
(I remember above problem was found in RecordNow 7.21.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=851894#post851894
Feature of CloneDVD seems to be similar to RecordNow7 and Nero6.)

But the cell(V/C-ID=92/1) is multiangle cell. It is perhaps illegal. I've never seen it in comercial DVDs.

ImgBurn was same before, and fixed in ver.2.2.0.0.
http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=77926
(author saying in post#2)

Last edited:
Im curious, what application handles D/L better now, CloneCD or CloneDVD2?

Thanks

Back