• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Uninstalled AnyDVD, Now Drive Won't Read DVDs

haitu

I couldn't burn "crossing over" a movie dvd, so i decided to uninstll anydvd and install the latest version. well when i uninstalled it, and popped the dvd in, it was as if i didn't have a cd in the drive, however, when putting in a regular music cd, i can read it. whats going on?

I couldn't burn "crossing over" a movie dvd, so i decided to uninstll anydvd and install the latest version. well when i uninstalled it, and popped the dvd in, it was as if i didn't have a cd in the drive, however, when putting in a regular music cd, i can read it. whats going on?

If Anydvd is uninstalled, whatever problem you're having has nothing to do with Anydvd. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

Well, I need some details. Are you saying the AnyDVD is currently not installed at all and the DVD cannot be read in your DVD drive but a CD can? If that's the case then your problem with the disc before might not have been an AnyDVD issue at all and the cause could be a badly pressed [manufactured] disc or a number of other possible issues. In short, AnyDVD had nothing to do with the problem. Does the drive acknowledge other DVDs without problem?

I would suggest installing the latest version of AnyDVD and inserting a disc that AnyDVD can detect and scan. Create and post logs.

AnyDVD 6.5.5.9: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

If Anydvd is uninstalled, whatever problem you're having has nothing to do with Anydvd.

that is where i think you are wrong. the only evidence of that is the fact that right after i uninstalled and reinstalled the new version of anydvd, dvds could not be read.

prior to be uninstalling anydvd, i could read and write dvds fine.

to clarify.

the moving"crossing over" WAS being read in the same drive that i am having problems with. it hit 30 % and couldn't rip anymore hence my uninstalling and reinstalling of new ANYDVD

and NO i did not install ANY other software or hardware in this process.

Last edited:
that is where i think you are wrong.

The fact is that if Anydvd isn't installed it can't affect anything. Uninstalling Anydvd can't suddenly stop a disc from being read. It's a bit similar to saying, I uninstalled Anydvd, and now I can't play games. Or I uninstalled Anydvd, and now my car won't start.

Again, as Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

And what you're writing points to a defective drive (or a bad disc). It's quite common for dying drives to be able to read cds but not dvds or vice versa.

Last edited:
I couldn't burn "crossing over" a movie dvd, so i decided to uninstll anydvd and install the latest version.

Why? Seems to me that anyone with any common sense would simply close AnyDvd and then install the new version *over the top of the old one* ...

Back