• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved with 6.5.4.9] AnyDVD 6.5.4.7 won't install or run

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkilla

I downloaded the program directly from Slysoft twice and tried to install it three times including a reboot and it doesn't work. When I try to run the program nothing happens and no icon appears in the systray. Never had this happen before. Anyway, wanted to let everyone know and I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
6.5.4.7 Will Not Install

I had the same problem with the install. No tray icon and when I clicked my menu icon for AnyDVD, it did not work. Any ideas? I finally did a System Restore to yesterday and the previous vs.

No problem Here! Using system restore won't be my first choose to fix the problem. After you did a system restore did the program load?

Last edited:
I downloaded the program directly from Slysoft twice and tried to install it three times including a reboot and it doesn't work. When I try to run the program nothing happens and no icon appears in the systray. Never had this happen before. Anyway, wanted to let everyone know and I'll try again tomorrow.

I can't reproduce your problem across three different computers.

Anyway, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559, and go through all 4 steps (especially 1 and 4)

Also, what OS and security software are you using?

AnyDVD does not work after 6.5.4.7 Update

AnyDvd worked fine until I updated to 6.5.4.7 Now I have no Icon in tray and it does not start if you click on the shortcut nor in Start Programs. Tryed reinstalling with antivirus and firewall disabled and with fresh reboots. No go, what is wrong?

I have Windows XP Home Edition with SP3 and no spyware, adware, anti-virus programs running. The only firewall is the one built into windows. Since I never had problems before, it has to be something within AnyDVD. Nothing has changed with my computer since the last install (no hardware or software). Thanks for helping!

Would not install on my Lenovo notebook with XP Pro SP3. Tried uninstallining, shutting down firewall (ZAF) and antivirus (Avast Free) without success. Seems to install okay but will not run. Reinstalled v6.5.4.4 with no problems. Tried it on my tower, XP Pro SP3 and it installed with no problems. Something funny going on here.

I did steps 1-4 and it didn't work. Here's the answer to step 4:

LowerFilters REG_MULTI_SZ AnyDVD cdrbsdrv Pfc

UpperFilters REG_MULTI_SZ GEARAspiWDM

there is a problem with anydvd 6.5.4.7 on some computers

yes there is a problem with anydvd 6.5.4.7
checked on 3 computers,i own
windows 2000 no problem
on windows xp home no problem
on windows xp-pro there is a problem

program will install,but there is no icon in the task bar and the program will not run
until you click on a spare anddvd icon i keep in a folder the icon then will show up in the task bar..and the program will run

did a test uninstalled 6547 and tried it with anydvd 6544,no problem
did the update with any 6547 again and no icon in task bar and the progran did not run.

on windows xp-pro there is a problem

I can't reproduce this on five different computers running Windows XP pro 32 bit SP3 with all of the latest updates.

What service pack are you running--and what security software are you using?

Is it possible to download a prior version of AnyDVD

I would like to go back to version 6.5.4.4 to see if I have the same problem as 6.5.4.7 how can I find an older version to download?

What happens if you "End Process" on Anydvdtray.exe in Windows Task Manager, and attempt to run Anydvd again?

norton internet security 2008 and sp-3

norton internet security 2008 and sp-3 on both xp-home and xp-pro
note,had no problem on the xp-home with anydvd 6547

xp-pro nothing changed that i know of since the last update of 6544
it is only used as my main to back up movies,very little net time

note i can get 6547 to run as i posted in my first post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back