• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved with 6.5.4.1]Unable to install AnyDVD HD on Windows 7 Evaluation Build 7077

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Build 7077 (x86). Since doing so, I have been unable to run AnyDVD. When I attempt to open the app, I get the following message:

"An internal exception occured (Address: 0x0) Please, contact support@oreans.com Thank you!"

I did not have any problems running AnyDVD under Vista SP1 or Windows 7 Builds 7057 or 7068. It was only untill I installed Windows 7 Build 7077 that I started having problems.
Please help!

Click the link in my signature, and read fully, please. Do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing; do not crosspost. Thank you

Thank you!
Sorry for the double posting, I don't know how to delete a post.

Please advice on how to go about it
There is nothing you can do.
Slysoft gave up its relly nice anti-rce system and decided to use "Themidia", a Oreons product. Unfortunately, Themidia protected apps dont run on Windows 7.

I read queit a few discussions to this topic. in some other forum somebody said that the Themidia protection system is "a point- and useless pice of Software". He said, that there are "cracked" versions around, where the "Themidia" protection has been removed,
and those cracked versions do run under Win7. He wouldnt give me this "cracked" version to check his statement, though. :S

So, in the End, the people with cracked versions are happily using anydvd on Win7,
while the poor guys that purchased anydvd cant.

This is sad.

felix1432

Actually, you are only half correct. I can run any software package protected by Themedia on Windows 7 build 7077 64-bit. This goes for AnyDVD HD and TMT 2/3. The issue only happened when build 7077 was leaked. Anything prior to 7077 will run Themedia protected apps. Microsoft most likely changed something within the core of Win7 to break compatibilty with Themedia protected apps and build 7077. But, this is the price you pay when using non-supported OS. IF you truely want support, you will need to go all the way back to build 7000, or wait until the official RC build is released by Microsoft. Not off of some bittorrent site.

As has been noted, problems will occur when running software under an unsupported OS. The problem is on Oreans Technologies' end rather than Slysoft. We'll have to wait for an update from Oreans.

While I understand the purpose of mentioning cracked versions let's not go down that road, please. We know the issue is with the Oreans Technologies protection so let's leave it at that.

As soon as an update is available I am sure that Slysoft will incorporate it into their products.

wonder why they swapped, cos themida isn't exactly superb, and it also gets flagged lots by anti virus programs because malware uses it... which won't do slysofts reputation much good

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue only happened when build 7077 was leaked. Anything prior to 7077 will run Themedia protected apps. Microsoft most likely changed something within the core of Win7 to break compatibilty with Themedia protected apps and build 7077. But, this is the price you pay when using non-supported OS. IF you truely want support, you will need to go all the way back to build 7000, or wait until the official RC build is released by Microsoft. Not off of some bittorrent site.

That said, I have a couple of questions:
Why would Microsoft "break compatibility" for Build 7077?
Why should I assume that the compatibility will be reincorporated into the "official" RC?
As for the comment "wait until the official RC build is released by Microsoft. Not off of some bittorrent site", who do think leaked every interim build almost immediatly after it was completed? Might it have been Microsoft? That would be after all a "liability free" way to get widespread Beta testing and free publicity for Win 7 don't you think?

That said, I have a couple of questions:
Why would Microsoft "break compatibility" for Build 7077?
Why should I assume that the compatibility will be reincorporated into the "official" RC?
As for the comment "wait until the official RC build is released by Microsoft. Not off of some bittorrent site", who do think leaked every interim build almost immediatly after it was completed? Might it have been Microsoft? That would be after all a "liability free" way to get widespread Beta testing and free publicity for Win 7 don't you think?
You can have your conspiracy theories. But it is widely known that Microsoft provides hardware vendors with weekly builds for testing purposes. Microsoft has not incorporated any method for controlling non-public releases.

I don't know why build 7077 has broken Themidia secured products, and I don't know if it was caused by Microsoft or not. To complain about a released product (Slysoft's AnyDVD product) doesn't work on a non-official release product (Windows 7 any build post-7000, Public Beta, not including RC build) is completely unrealistic. Yes, let developers know something is broken so they are potentially aware of. But to demand a fix is quite juvenile.

If it is still broken when Microsoft officially releases the RC build (which should be within the next few weeks,) and any ISV that uses Themidia to secure their products, then by all means submit support tickets.

You can have your conspiracy theories. But it is widely known that Microsoft provides hardware vendors with weekly builds for testing purposes. Microsoft has not incorporated any method for controlling non-public releases.

I don't know why build 7077 has broken Themidia secured products, and I don't know if it was caused by Microsoft or not. To complain about a released product (Slysoft's AnyDVD product) doesn't work on a non-official release product (Windows 7 any build post-7000, Public Beta, not including RC build) is completely unrealistic. Yes, let developers know something is broken so they are potentially aware of. But to demand a fix is quite juvenile.

If it is still broken when Microsoft officially releases the RC build (which should be within the next few weeks,) and any ISV that uses Themidia to secure their products, then by all means submit support tickets.

I wasn't really insinuating a conspiracy theory, it's just my viewpoint on how and why Microsoft interim builds may be leaked.
I for one have never "demanded" a fix. I was just hoping there was one available:)

I wasn't really insinuating a conspiracy theory, it's just my viewpoint on how and why Microsoft interim builds may be leaked.
I for one have never "demanded" a fix. I was just hoping there was one available:)

Yes there is a solution right now; It's Windows 7 build 7000. Or, if Slysoft/Orleans deems the issue critical enough to release a patch to potentially fix it. But who knows if the issue is Orleans or Microsoft's.

Orleans

Yes there is a solution right now; It's Windows 7 build 7000. Or, if Slysoft/Orleans deems the issue critical enough to release a patch to potentially fix it. But who knows if the issue is Orleans or Microsoft's.

Being an official msft tester, I can confirm that the issue is Orleans. It attempts to circumvent the UAC control in such a way that 7 determines it is a virus-like activity and won't permit the program to proceed to install / run properly. Certain UAC functionality is not turned off by disabling, and doesn't seem like it can be turned off in any normal way (at least without patching kernel files).

There are several flaws in the x64 UAC code in build 7077 which, if corrected by msft, will cause the same error as with x86. I can also confirm that the error persists in the official x86 RC which is now available to a limited crowd, with the public one being availabe, I think it was May 7, 2009. I haven't been involved in the x64 testing myself.

The msft code will obviously not be changed for one software vendor. Virtually all of the other protection software can install on 7077 either in native mode or in compatibility.

My solution....run it under a virtual environment, along with other problematic software, until things are sorted out. Which is a very long way of saying that I agree that if you are using the beta or any other version of 7, you shouldn't be using it if you don't expect problems.

Hopefully that provides some insight...

PS for those who think RC isn't available, I have included a pic of the msft partner link for the download:

1n7zadf7rt4bc3fqrek.png

Last edited:
Windows 7 Build 7077 and AnyDVD

I have just installed Windows 7 Build 7077 over Build 7068 and now my AnyDVD comes up with an error. I have tried reregistring the key, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the exe files to Vista compatability and administrator priveliges and nothing works. The error message directs m to "support@oreans.com". When I looked at www.oreans.com it appears that it is a security site. Have they (MS) deliberately put in place a stop on the use of AnyDVD? Is there any way around this? Everything was working properly with Build 7068.

Windows 7 Build 7077 and AnyDVD

I have just installed Windows 7 Build 7077 over Build 7068 and now my AnyDVD comes up with an error. I have tried reregistering the key, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the exe files to Vista compatability and administrator privileges and nothing works. The error message directs me to "support@oreans.com". When I looked at www.oreans.com it appears that it is a security site. Have they (MS) deliberately put in place a stop on the use of AnyDVD? Is there any way around this? Everything was working properly with Build 7068.

I have just installed Windows 7 Build 7077 over Build 7068 and now my AnyDVD comes up with an error. I have tried reregistring the key, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the exe files to Vista compatability and administrator priveliges and nothing works. The error message directs m to "support@oreans.com". When I looked at www.oreans.com it appears that it is a security site. Have they (MS) deliberately put in place a stop on the use of AnyDVD? Is there any way around this? Everything was working properly with Build 7068.

This is a known issue. It is likely that a change in Windows 7 caused the protection made by Oreans Technologies to no longer function correctly. I don't see this as anything nefarious in nature. The change isn't aimed at AnyDVD.

Please do not post the same thing in two different forums. It's unnecessary. Also, some quick looking at the AnyDVD HD forum would have resulted in you seeing the thread in which your posts have been merged with.

Last edited:
I have just installed Windows 7 Build 7077 over Build 7068 and now my AnyDVD comes up with an error. I have tried reregistering the key, uninstalling and reinstalling, changing the exe files to Vista compatability and administrator privileges and nothing works. The error message directs me to "support@oreans.com". When I looked at www.oreans.com it appears that it is a security site. Have they (MS) deliberately put in place a stop on the use of AnyDVD? Is there any way around this? Everything was working properly with Build 7068.

You have to remember Windows 7 beta, is just that a BETA. It will change many times before the product is released for the public. You can not expect slysoft to honestly make a version that works with every release. That is totally unrealistic. In this case, I would go through the registry and remove anything that deals with anydvd.

So many people wont buy Win7 before a fix.

windows 7 is currently still in beta stages, you do not 'buy' it, it is free to beta testers.

And why does everyone assume that this is the fault of windows 7?
It is a problem with ANY DVD not being compatible with the operating system.
Why should microsoft change their operating system for this program?
Slysoft need to make this compatible with windows 7, not the other way.

It's not that AnyDVD HD is incompatible, it's the protection software (made by Orleans) that they use that has an issue with the latest build, so it's down to Orleans to make it work not Slysoft

It's not that AnyDVD HD is incompatible, it's the protection software (made by Orleans) that they use that has an issue with the latest build, so it's down to Orleans to make it work not Slysoft

I've been informed that the Window 7 final release will not have this issue with the current version of AnyDVD and also the next AnyDVD beta will include a fix that should also work with the current Window 7 rc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back