• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Looking for new Alpha Tester [Do NOT apply without reading the requirements] Part 2

Did you read the first post?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Requirements for becoming an Alpha Tester:

As you might already know SlySoft is currently developing a new Clone Application for High-Definition Media.

And we are now looking for Alpha Testers. If you qualify you can apply as a new alpha tester. Qualifications are:

- you have a BD/HD-DVD drive
- you have at least 1 BD/HD-DVD media
- you are familiar with a CUI application (yes it's currently a command line program)
- you are able to send generated log-, dump-, and info-files
- you know the difference between Alpha, Beta and Final version

Don't expect anything. Don't demand anything. Don't suggest anything.

If you qualify and are still interested then post your name here.

and

You have to be a member for at least 6 months and have more than 50 posts. Exceptions are possible but you have to convince me.

and

There are still some seats available for Non-US users. That is UK, Western Europe, Europe, Australia and Asia, Japan. And the rest of the world. If you could state your media region again.

and

There has been an addition to the requirements. The requirement really isn't new but simply wasn't explicitly stated. Quite frankly, it's a given.

Anyone who wants to be a tester or becomes a tester must actively participate in the process. This isn't a game. This isn't for fun.

If a person is made a tester and then isn't around or doesn't take part then they will lose their status. It's very simple.

and lastly and most importantly:

No more seats available for US (Canada), Western Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, ...), UK and Australia.

If this is where you are located or you aren't going to post where you are located then don't apply.

No, I'm still looking for people from Asia (JP, CN, TH, RU) and Europe (NO, SE, FI, HU, GR).

If you are from the above regions and meet the requirements then post.

If you are selected:

And if you are: You are not allowed to tell others that you have been approved. Otherwise we revoke your status.

Lastly

Let the Moderators do the moderating, people. If we ignore a posts then there is a reason. If we ignore the post then so should you. We are more than capable of moderating the thread ourselves without people needing to interject unnecessary comments.

Last edited:
I have one rule to add to this list. If you reply to someone to tell them they don't meet the requirements and are not a Slysoft employee named Fernando or a Moderator, you automatically will never get on the list. :)

I have one rule to add to this list. If you reply to someone to tell them they don't meet the requirements and are not a Slysoft employee named Fernando or a Moderator, you automatically will never get on the list. :)

That's a given, but, yes. Let the Moderators do the moderating, people. If we ignore a posts then there is a reason. If we ignore the post then so should you. We are more than capable of moderating the thread ourselves without people needing to interject unnecessary comments.

Last edited:
It may have been noticed that I included the line...

If you do NOT state what country you are from then you will be ignored.

quite a few times? Yes, it was done for a reason.

Last edited:
Last shot. I do qualify for all items above with 2 exceptions: a) Nr. of posts. b) Honestly, I don't know exactly where in the development process SlySoft sets the status to Alpha. But, I do know the difference between development (engineering) testing and verification tests, from many years involved in automotive software testing.

I live in Sweden.

I know I don't have 50 posts, but I am an avide user of slysoft software. And would love to have the chance at testing your software. I own a computer repair shop as well as a beta tester for Microsoft.

There must be something wrong with my post counter, I am sure I already have posted more than 50 times ;-)).
I am available for alpha testing, and I know kung-fu.
Currently living in the only nation that calls itself Great.

Great Britain, that is...

I know there are no more seats available for germany, but maybe someone will quit some day.
I match all qualifications, live in germany and I own a Panasonic DMP-BD35. Famous for not playing BD-J discs with resigned jar files and jerky playback of remuxed m2ts files containing vc-1 video streams. At least when its not muxed with one of the professional authoring tools. And before I forget it, he's quite picky with clpi files when created with one of the available freeware tools.

alpha tester

Faithful user of the software Slysoft since 4 years AnyDVD (license xxxxxxxx, AnyDvd > HD, and Clone DVD (licence xxxxxxxx), I would like to appear among the >alpha testers of the project Clone BR in order to carry out backup > copies of my fragile Blu-ray discs.
I am owner of 2 HD writers: LG GGW-H20L & Plextor B920 SA

Lautawerk

FRANCE

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any update on the software, as far as a possible beta release date??

Not the appropriate thread to be asking that question. This thread is for the stated purpose ONLY. And unless you see an announcement somewhere, the answer to your question is no.

I live in Greece ...

I live in Greece and...

- you have a BD/HD-DVD drive
I have the LG GGC-H20L drive
- you have at least 1 BD/HD-DVD media
I have 15 Blu-ray discs
- you are familiar with a CUI application
Can't say I am
- you are able to send generated log-, dump-, and info-files
Yes I am able to send them
- you know the difference between Alpha, Beta and Final version
Yes I do know the difference

Can I be an Alpha tester?
Thank you for your time.

Yes, I am interested.
I have a Pioneer BDR-203 burner.
I am willing to adhere to all of the requirements.
I reside in the US. (Should you decide to add more testers from this area in the future) Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha Testing

I'm a Resident in Michigan, USA. (If any USA openings come up)

I've been a software developer for 25 years. I think I could be useful to the Alpha testing team. I have developed many command line applications and DOS applications.

I have a LG burner, plus an LG reader. (BluRay)

I have recently joined this forum, so I don't have the required number of posts. I didn't know the forum was here. I have used SlySoft software for about 2 years now and find it's the best available for working with CDs and DVDs. I have used a combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD to copy over 200 DVDs.

I have about 30 BluRay disks currently.

No problems sending dump files or any other information that may prove useful.

As a developer, I certainly know the difference between Alpha, Beta etc.

I will dedicate as much time to this project as is needed to help make it a success.

Thanks,
Tom

May I ask a question;

I am not looking to be an alpha tester.

But I am curious if this is alpha testing CloneBD or whatever the new product will be called

I am living in France
my blu ray reader is pioneer bdc 202
my hd dvd reader is toshiba sd h802
I own 50 BD and 30 HD DVD and an licence of any dvd HD, and I am interested to be a alpha tester

regards

I have the xbox 360 HDDVD drive & an LG Bluray multi writer, and a few titles on each format.

I often write basic python or other scripted tools for my job so command line apps, log files, dumps etc are all quite familiar. As is the concept of alpha/beta etc.

Only just joined to post this reply, so a big fail on the 6 months/50 posts requirement. I'm keen to do some testing though of whatever your up to.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back